Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: steelerfan's Slider Work and Stats Thread (NCAA 12)

• Facebook
  • Display
    How long does it typically take you to get through a game using 9 min quarters? Also, I have been using Normal Game Speed and a Player Min Speed Threshold of 0 in the play now games I've been playing so far while waiting on rosters. I plan on giving your sliders a try tonight, how would these changes affect your sliders?
    Last edited by PDuncanOSU; 07-15-2011 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDuncanOSU View Post
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm not at my PS3 where I can check, but I'm pretty sure that the commissioner of your online dynasty can set the difficulty, sliders, speed threshhold, game speed, etc. for the dynasty.
    True. But I believe his statement was simply referring to User vs User games. The popular belief, though I'm not certain if it's ever been verified by EA, is that sliders do not apply to User-User OD games.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PDuncanOSU View Post
    How long does it typically take you to get through a game using 9 min quarters? Also, I have been using Normal Game Speed and a Player Min Speed Threshold of 0 in the play now games I've been playing so far while waiting on rosters. I plan on giving your sliders a try tonight, how would these changes affect your sliders?
    I can't say for sure how long a game takes me. I've never put a clock to it. You should expect about a 25% increase in play time over 7-minute quarters. So, if it takes you an hour on 7 minutes, it would be 1:15 on 9.

The only real difference with Normal game speed would be that you would get a few more snaps per game.

As for 0 threshold, I'm not sure other than to say that speed will 'win' more. This may be good, and it may be disastrous.

Tried these sliders last night & absolutely love them. Had 2 great games, the first being absolutely epic.

Nebraska (me) @ Wisconsin, got down early with a couple of turnovers actually down 21-0 at one point. Picked up the defense & made it 10-21 by half. In the second half I ended up coming back all the way and going up 26-21 with 5 min left on a forced fumble returned for a TD as they were going in for a score on my goalline to seal it. They then scored a TD and I stopped the 2pt conv. so they led 27-26 with 2 min left. I drive down the field and attempt a 52 YD field goal as time expires which I barely miss a yard short. Great game!

Thanks Steelerfan & keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    True. But I believe his statement was simply referring to User vs User games. The popular belief, though I'm not certain if it's ever been verified by EA, is that sliders do not apply to User-User OD games.

I know that sliders don't apply for ranked online games, but I thought they did for all Online dynasty games User v. User or User v. CPU. I may be wrong, but that's the way I understood it.

I can't say for sure how long a game takes me. I've never put a clock to it. You should expect about a 25% increase in play time over 7-minute quarters. So, if it takes you an hour on 7 minutes, it would be 1:15 on 9.

The only real difference with Normal game speed would be that you would get a few more snaps per game.

As for 0 threshold, I'm not sure other than to say that speed will 'win' more. This may be good, and it may be disastrous.

Thanks for the info. Wife is going out shopping this weekend for a dress to wear to a friends wedding, so that should give me plenty of time to test out your sliders and see if I can get away with 9 min quarters once I start my OD.

Good luck, Duncan!

Thanks, Kwizzy. I got your text last night, but it was late. I fell asleep early and woke up around 1, lol. I think my systems just shut down when I can't go to the local bars for debauchery on Thursday nights.

Anyway, glad you liked the slider set.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I've played two games of my SAU dynasty with these and they are fantastic. Tried increasing Roughing the Passer to 55 and it got called WAY too often. Not sure what to do about that as when I took it back down to 54, it never got called.

I got completely destroyed by Duke 75-3 (my team is a cupcake TB team). I couldn't stop their ground game at all (to the tune of them getting 400 some yards on the ground). It was pretty disgusting to play that game. First game, against Eastern Michigan, I blew 'em out 35-7 though.

I used Coach Mode for both games and definitely liked the results.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I've played two games of my SAU dynasty with these and they are fantastic. Tried increasing Roughing the Passer to 55 and it got called WAY too often. Not sure what to do about that as when I took it back down to 54, it never got called.

I got completely destroyed by Duke 75-3 (my team is a cupcake TB team). I couldn't stop their ground game at all (to the tune of them getting 400 some yards on the ground). It was pretty disgusting to play that game. First game, against Eastern Michigan, I blew 'em out 35-7 though.

I used Coach Mode for both games and definitely liked the results.
    Cool. I never intended these for Coach Mode, but hey! Glad it works!

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

Might have to do some tweaking with QB accuracy for Coach Mode use. It totally fell apart against Duke (something like 33%), but was magnificent against Eastern Michigan (66%). Even with Duke being B+ to my D rating, 33% seems a bit harsh to me, but more testing will need to be done before I make a definitive change to them for now.

Steeler, I've had trouble getting any pressure with your sliders, in your opinion, would bumping the user pass rush one notch have a horrible effect?

Alright Steelerfan... game two w/ your sliders... I had to tweak the Rush Defense for my team, because the Colorado State RB had 188 yards at half time. They had a 2 play, 86 yard TD drive and a 3 play, 82 yard drive, both because of #6 running like he's a cross between Eric Dickerson, Barry Sanders and Bo Jackson all rolled into one.

I moved the Run D from 10 to 25 and this did several things; for starters, they had, as a team, 39 yards rushing the second half and secondly, it forced their QB to actually have to throw more. They only scored once in the second half and that drive was 9 plays, 66 yards and took 2:38 off the clock, which is much more appropriate.

I had something happen in this game I have never had happen before; I drive down at the end of the first half and line up for a 44 yard FG w/ :04 left. The snap is good, I get full power on the kick and then... some motherf*cking Ram blew through and blocked the kick!!!

First time I have ever seen the CPU block a FG. As you'll see... that was huge. My QB, w/ your sliders, was 26 of 28 at half, for 243 yards. Second half I had 10 drops and another 5 batted down by DE's on WR Mid-Screen's. This is yet another thing EA must fix. I call the WR Mid-Screen as an audible and yet the DE's always know it's coming.

I hit 1 of 6 on that play, the one went for 54 yards and a TD. The other 5 were batted down. Now in real life, those plays are completed at about an 85-90% rate and go from a few yards to 10-15 yards w/ the occasional one broken for a big gain. I have never seen 5 of those passes batted down in a season, let alone one game.

This game ended w/ me out of timeouts and hitting a WR who was, of course, caught by the ankles at the 3 yard line. I don't know how these sliders affect good teams, but right now I have such a hard-on to beat that I won't be trying them out on any other teams until I do win!

I think they're good sliders, w/ the rush D moved up... otherwise, against anyway, the CPU RB looks like All-World.

I was sacked twice and sacked them once.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    Steeler, I've had trouble getting any pressure with your sliders, in your opinion, would bumping the user pass rush one notch have a horrible effect?
    Nah. It shouldn't. I play on the d-line so much of my pressure is User-generated.

Dr. Death, I had Run D at 25 a week or so ago and the CPU couldn't run at all.

The way it is now, forces me to respect the run and not call Pass Commit all the time.

Whatever works for you, I just think that make changes after 1.5 games is a mistake. You need more games (and a better variety of play styles and caliber of teams) to figure most things out.

Dr. Death, I had Run D at 25 a week or so ago and the CPU couldn't run at all.

The way it is now, forces me to respect the run and not call Pass Commit all the time.

Whatever works for you, I just think that make changes after 1.5 games is a mistake. You need more games (and a better variety of play styles and caliber of teams) to figure most things out.

I hope you aren't taking what I am saying as criticism, because it's not. I am really frustrated w/ the CPU... but I like your sliders. I am going to play another game and set the Run D at 20 just to see what happens. I am starting a dynasty {Off-line} as and I need sliders that will work for them.

If I move them up to a dominant team or I move elsewhere, I can always tweak the sliders. But I know that CSU does not have the greatest RB ever, and that's what he's been looking like through 6 quarters.

I'll post again after another game.

No, I don't take it as criticism, lol.

I'm just saying that making changes needs to be based on several games, not 1.5.

Do you Pass Commit much?

Great work on these bro!

Hello everyone.......I'm new to the site. I have patroled Operation Sports and others like this one for years trying to find sliders and other things for both NCAA and Madden. I have used them almost every year I have played these games. Thanks for the great work guys.

steelerfan.......I have played two games so far with your sliders. The first game I played as Tulsa and got hit pretty hard by SMU. They threw the ball all over the place. The final ended up being 56-38 in favor of SMU. I was getting pretty frustrated with there style of play, seeing as I hate playing run and shoot teams that run the no-huddle.

My 2nd game went much better.....I played as baylor against iowa state. The final ended up being 33-19 in favor of me. The game went really well. I ran the ball for almost 200 yards and threw for about 150. Believe it or not most of my rushing yards came from my RB. His average yards per rush were 3.9. I like to pound the ball and run the clock. I usually throw about 20 times a game. I played great defense...getting five or so sacks (most coming at the end when the QB just stayed in the pocket) and forced a fumble.

Your sliders work great for my style of play. Thanks man!!!

Does anyone recommend joining OS, seeing as I also play Madden pretty religiously??

Crusader, thanks for the feedback.

Also, welcome to TGT! We have a Madden section here too, though it isn't as large as some other sites (like OS).

I'm a member at OS, but I almost never post and I only go there for NHL and The Show info. If you're looking for Madden news, every but of it makes it's way here. Joining OS is up to you, but I think most of the l need to know info can be found here.

Thanks man..........I have used OS in the past to find sliders and things. Recently I have used it to get info about FIFA. I have yet to play NHL franchise of any kind, but plan to this year because I have heard that its a very well made game and a blast to play. Thanks again for the sliders.

I play with default settings on 5 min quarters could someone please explain to me why sliders are necessary