Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Powerhouse 2012

• Facebook
  • Display
    Sorry I haven't gotten back to this. My original intent was to keep users out of the top recruiting states and to put you somewhere in the middle of the conference you are joining.

Thanks g for getting the list together, I'll go through and remove the teams I think need to be.

Is Tulsa still going to be available?

Tulsa will be.

I'm thinking about rolling with Colorado State, and controlling my friends in their senior year.

*cough*draft*cough*

You get Idaho Papa. Have fun landing 5*'s with them!

Right now we have everyone onboard but RCSinger and Jeff...still waiting for them to respond. As soon as we have 12 people we will start the draft process (draft will be held the 16th or 17th), then we will probably give everyone a week to play around with their team online to get a feel for them, then possible kick things off on the 23rd or 24.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    You get Idaho Papa. Have fun landing 5*'s with them!
    lol....do they have California as a pipeline?

so are all of the teams in your original post added to the teams in Gs post for the team pool? I would think most ppl would pick the B overall teams in good recruiting states like tulsa?

So we used my roster updates last year, but I'm not doing rosters this year (well, not releasing them for download - I'll make my tweaks to work if needed), but I could do research into the schools we're doing to make sure the rosters are rated appropriately for our teams. Just throwing that out there..

that would be cool ID, just take a general named roster from buckeye02 or luvtwotha9s or whatever and take a look at it...since I wont be using FSU for at least the first four year of the OD i dont mind the egregious errors to the the roster that much for which ever other team I choose

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dragon View Post
    So we used my roster updates last year, but I'm not doing rosters this year (well, not releasing them for download - I'll make my tweaks to work if needed), but I could do research into the schools we're doing to make sure the rosters are rated appropriately for our teams. Just throwing that out there..
    My personal opinion is if we're not touching the rest of the teams, I don't know that I'd want us to touch our teams. Obviously corrections like "this guy should actually be that guy" and stuff like that but nothing like "this guy actually should be faster" or "I'm changing this WR to a CB to better fit their roster". That sort of stuff obviously a place and I don't mind it in general, but since we're drafting fairly early, I'd hate to see us draft teams and then something about the team change from what we expected to be drafted.

Just my two pennies.

yea i totally agree with that as well just accurate changes like G mentioned would be cool.

My thought was to just use named rosters as-is. All of these rosters will need help however I know a lot of us will be looking to move up through the ranks and may not stay with our original team so starting rosters have less of an impact.

My plan this weekend is to go through all the schools listed (although my time this weekend is going to be extremely limited) and remove any schools that have recruiting ties to the power states.

The draft process will go as follows (once we are ready to move forward):

Each member will give me a number between 1-12 (I will more than likely text each of you for this number so I only get one at a time, no duplicates). I will then use a random number generator (random.org) to determine the draft order by setting the range between 1-12, it will then give me a random number between 1-12 and the person with the corresponding number will draft in that position.

Example:

I choose the number 3, g chooses 5, and papa chooses 7...the first run gives me 5, second 3 and thrid 7.

g would have the first pick, I would have the second and papa the third.

I can televise the results on justin.tv so everyone can follow along.

Once we have the draft order I will give everyone a few days to look over each team and get an idea for who they would like to pick. We'll have the draft then a week later start the OD as long as we have rosters and there are no adverse effects of a day one patch/tuning that effects gameplay/dynasty.
    Last edited by Oneback; 07-08-2011 at 10:49 AM.

Since I have the first pick, I'll take Nevada.

Oneback is now on the clock.

I'll trade my next year's first, 2013 first and 2014 first to move up to #1. Deal?

OB - why not just randomly generate the numbers for each person too. When you get to the last couple of people having to pick a number I foresee a lot of, that number is taken, that number is taken, ok that one is available. Plus this way you also don't have say Papa picking 5 since you texted him 1st and say 5 is my favorite number and I wanted it but didn't get it and then it's the 1st pick of the draft.

I think it would eliminate a lot of hassle and variability

Something like this

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Something like this
    You really just recorded that

Just go to Random.org and generate them that way.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    You really just recorded that

Just go to Random.org and generate them that way.
    Yeah but I can't assign it to a team that way. With what I posted that would be the draft order.

Plus I may have a little bit of a biased to what I used