Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For NCAA 12, my team is.. ?

• Facebook
  • Display

For NCAA 12, my team is.. ?

If you're like me, every single year I start a dynasty with a new team. Yes, Arizona St. is MY team but in all my NCAA years I have only started a dynasty with them twice (06 on PS2 and 11 on PS3). Just looking at the past handful of years I have been all over the map.

05... Michigan St.
    06... Arizona St.
    07... Virginia
    08... Idaho
    09... Utep
    10... Simon Fraser U (teambuilder Cdn team from the CIS)
    11... Arizona St.

In several of these dynasties I have switched schools after 4-5 years (USF, Washington St., Cal, etc.) but for the most part the majority of my gaming is from my first school.

This year I have no idea who I will be. I know that TEAMBUILDER is out. I did that one year and it was kind of neat but the total lack of realism killed it for me. Being modest, my NCAA gaming skills are pretty darn good so I like to take over weaker schools and build them up for the challenge. Wokring for the N.C. often keeps my interest (except in the case of 08 on PS3... worst game ever~ I stopped after two seasons!!!).

So for this year my EARLY top three is:

1. SYRACUSE
    * superficial yes, but the lighting vid for the Carrier Dome was freaking amazing!
    * a fairly weak programme that needs to be built up
    * colder away game weather may be fun for the sched.
    * major con: the Big East is a pretty weak conference... will I be too good too early?

2. UTEP
    * very weak programme and conference; a great challenge
    * tough to land Texas recruits
    * 09 UTEP was one of my best teams ever (skill/talent wise)
    * con~ this would be my second go around

3. Indiana
    * playing in the BIG 10 for the first time with a championship game
    * programme needs a lot of work
    * huge challenge recruiting wise
    * con~ win the big 10 and you have a BCS bid (would I get it too quick???)

So that is the top three as of right now. I'm sure it will change by next week. WHO ARE YOU GUYS LOOKING AT FOR NCAA 12?

I like using teambuilder teams in a dynasty. Its my team as opposed to teams that already exist.

but i'm not really interested in a singular dynasty as much wondering what teams I would want to use in a league-dynasty.

Penn State would be a first choice. A teambuilder league would be cool.

I would probably use Fresno State in a weaker team-dynasty- league because they are in California and not a Typical USC or UCLA

Out of those three my choice would be the Hoosiers. I ran an NCAA dynasty back in 08 with IU and it was really enjoyable and it took me 5-7 years before I competed for the Big Ten title.

I usually mix up my offline dynasty team choices as well. This year I ran with my Blue Devils. It was surprisingly easy to turn them into a powerhouse. Renfree, Vernon and Varner became a deadly passing trio and after that QBs and WRs all wanted to come be part of the passing party.

This year my options will likely be: Duke; Wake; Virginia; Kansas; Indiana; Purdue; Northwestern; Colorado; Washington State; Vandy; Ole Miss.

I tend to pick Academic institutions with crappy teams. Stanford was a fun team to build up in the past but obviously they have become too good of a club to take over. Duke is my favorite but running with the same club may get old quick. I've never done a Vandy dynasty before so I'm leaning in that direction.

I have been playing as washington state against my brother as Oregon in an offline/online dynasty forever. That will be preserved again this season.

For the first time I was able to step outside of that in 11 though, playing 2 full seasons in an od as Kentucky and I'm now in our 6th season in my other OD, where I've been Texas A&M the entire time. I have become enamoured with the culture of another school for the first time and its cool.

Looking forward to taking California in my premier TS OD and then either Michigan or South Carolina in my other OD.

I build up my 1* teambuilder team into a 6* powerhouse and when my contract expires, I leave and take the Southern Miss job. They're usually pretty bad 8-9 years down the road. I stay at Southern Miss until the next game comes out.
    Last edited by souljahbill; 05-14-2011 at 09:24 AM.

not really sure who'll I pick for my offline dynasty. I'll be using Texas Tech for one of my ODs for sure.

in the past I've use:
    98 - Michigan
    99 - Texas
    00 - Kansas State
    01 - Arkansas
    02 - Texas Tech
    03 - Michigan
    04 - TCU
    05 - returned the game shortly after getting and went back to 04
    06 - used a created school, later started a dynasty with TCU
    07 - Air Force
    08 - Middle Tennessee State
    09 - Arkansas State
    10 - Middle Tennessee State
    11 - San Diego State, never made it out of year 1 though. I got too "into" my Online dynasties.

I may have gotten a few of the early one mixed up, but I think that is how it was.

the last few years I've started out using a 1* team and building them up, so I'll likely continue that trend if I do an offline dynasty.

Im a homer been using my Noles, since the 90's.

I'm interested in playing every Pac12 team except SC. Not because I don't like them, but because they're already stacked.

Another "project" team that I consider every once in awhile, though have never used is UNLV. It would be tough to fix that programme but I am considering it.

I start a new Navy dynasty every single year, but I have at times also branched out into side dynasties with Idaho, Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan, Toledo, Bowling Green, Northwestern, Syracuse and a couple others I am forgetting right now.

This past year I used my Team Builder teams a lot, w/ Minnesota's stadium as my stadium. And if some really good changes are implemented in TB this year, I could see me continuing in that vein. However, w/ the all new team entrances I may just have to use Florida State this year.

There will be some changes from me... some the die-hard fans may not care for But we will wear all black at home for every game and the Pro Combat pants and black helmet on the road. I may break out the Garnet & Gold once a year though.

They have a cool stadium, cool uni's and that Chief Osceola riding out at home games plus the War Chant!!! Now... if EA would get the Florida State Girls in the game... there'd be no way I'd ever play as anyone else!

1- Michigan State
    2- Michigan
    3- Florida State

Quote Originally Posted by Flav View Post
    1- Michigan State
    2- Michigan
    3- Florida State
    Wow! Michigan St and Michigan as possibilities! Isn't that sort of thinking illegal in your fine state?

Wait...you mean you can use other teams besides Oklahoma? WHAT SORCERY IS THIS????

Shared this thread on Twitter and Facebook...funny thing is when I posted it on Facebook there is only one picture in this thread, so this is the preview picture

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Far right is the hottest

I always have to do a season with my Utes which usually lasts two or three years. That is typically offline by myself.

The online dynasty is where I pick a different team, typically a small school and try to build them up. Here is how it has gone in the past:

'08: San Jose State (4yrs), New Mexico State (2yrs)
    '09: New Mexico State
    '10: FIU
    '11: Western Michigan (2yrs), Ohio (3yrs), North Texas (4yrs)

This year I expect to continue with North Texas. They really grew on me and I'd like to carry them in to this new year. I am interested in playing with ULL also.

For some reason I think the far right looks like Miley Cyrus

In at least one OD this year I'll go with Nebraska with the new conference. In another OD, I might go with Oregon or some other team on the west coast since I was on the east coast last year, or maybe Colorado and try to build them up in the Pac 12.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Shared this thread on Twitter and Facebook...funny thing is when I posted it on Facebook there is only one picture in this thread, so this is the preview picture

My work here is done...

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Far right is the hottest
    I absolutely agree. She also looks to be the only one who didn't pay for any... uh... enhancements.