• Display

Episode 1 - The Wonderful Black Hole of Sports Podcast

The pilot is here!

Here is a rundown of what was covered:

• NBA & NFL Lockouts
    • My MLB All-Star Ballot
    • Fantasy Baseball
    • The Gaming Tailgaters' Mailbag

Here is the audio only version (will work on a two-part YouTube version soon)

Any and all feedback is welcome, hope you enjoy the show!
    Last edited by JBHuskers; 07-01-2011 at 11:21 PM.

William Shatner approves

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    William Shatner approves

Part 1 of the YouTube version of Episode 1

I havent really paid close attention to baseball since the Orel Hershiser, Gibson days. I know generally what goes on from highlights but not much.

Growing up it was the Oakland A's and Rollie Fingers...I think because my dad was a Packers fan that I gravitated towards green and yellow...I went to the Dodgers- Angels freeway series last weekend but I think you can only appreciate the nuances of live baseball/at actual game, if you went to 10 straight games in a row. You dont know what the pitcher is throwing- only see the speed counter. And its dumb that if the away team hits a home run, they wont show it on the big screen in case you missed it haha. ....and whos idea was it to have the Angels wear red jerseys with red numbers with a white border? not good

The Angels need Teambuilder

Part 2 of the YouTube version of Episode 1

Great show, JB. I will definitely look forward to these in the Fall.

For the record, Verlander's name is Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    The Angels need Teambuilder
    ok dude, but what about the rest ? do you with full attention sit through a live in person game wrapped in every pitch ? did you read money ball because you are a baseball junky that felt the need to?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    ok dude, but what about the rest ? do you with full attention sit through a live in person game wrapped in every pitch ? did you read money ball because you are a baseball junky that felt the need to?
    Yes I do. Last time I went to a baseball game, a Colorado Rockies-Cincinnati Reds game down in Cincy, I sat in my seat the entire game, all nine innings, never once got up or moved from my seat, solely so I could watch and see every single pitch thrown and see every single hit or play made by the team in the field. When I go to a baseball game in person, I'm there for the baseball and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yes I do. Last time I went to a baseball game, a Colorado Rockies-Cincinnati Reds game down in Cincy, I sat in my seat the entire game, all nine innings, never once got up or moved from my seat, solely so I could watch and see every single pitch thrown and see every single hit or play made by the team in the field. When I go to a baseball game in person, I'm there for the baseball and nothing else.
    and what about JB?

Haven't been to a game in-person in quite some time. But when I do, I would ususally catch almost all of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Haven't been to a game in-person in quite some time. But when I do, I would ususally catch almost all of the game.
    cant you see i'm asking a deeper question ? WHY DO YOU LIKE BASEBALL ? you are considered an unusual person by hardcore football and basketball fans who think baseball is slow and boring....even though hitting a ball might be the hardest action in all sports next to taking a punch...?

i'm tryin' to shake the tree here haha...every sports radio show will do the same junk- talk about hot players- everyone already knows whos on the all star ballot, dont waste your time with that ....try not to say something that will get you sued or arrested though

but if you are going to put your voice on the interwebs, talk about something that will last longer than the week the event happened !