View Poll Results: Are RBs in NCAA 12 Neutered?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Bring back the juke!

20 46.51%
  • No. It's fine just the way it is.

23 53.49%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA 12 Neutering the RB

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    LMAO at the "You Suck" message CLW sent (8:34 mark).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL i vividly remember sending that message on PSN. i had just gotten done unboxing/unloading and FINALLY got some cable/net. i fire up the ps3 to download the demo and what do i see 5 of my psn buddies ALL online and ALL playing the retail 12.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Well hell, might as well just turn the series into a Blitz-style game then to appease the kiddies, although they'll likely be screaming into their headsets and jizzing all over themselves when the new CoD hits the shelves so they won't be playing NCAA as long as actual football gamers anyway.............
    I think they could have made the r-stick juke more reliant on ratings but part of the problem is that the juke does exist still. Just not on the r-stick which makes it more difficult to pull off. As long as I can make guys miss in the open field I will be OK. But for those that struggle they will get ticked. I do think having an option for sim vs. arcade where special moves are exaggerated would be a good thing.

Two different angles of a run from my latest game
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/80205661
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/80205557
    One of those defenders is user controlled, the other is obviously CPU controlled... not certain which is which.

There's also another run from this same game that turned out really nice... full game should be up overnight tomorrow.

that shiftiness on the interception is about the most realistic ive seen in NCAA any version... stepped inside blockers and then exploded outside up the sidelines...

i still think that stop and go was just NASTY #1 because it looked sick #2 because it was vs OB lol

i think that covers the spectrum of "juke" for NCAA retail and what it SHOULD BE... subtle moves for the every down runner and then that occasional "holy crap" moment...

"E"

Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
    i still think that stop and go was just NASTY #1 because it looked sick #2 because it was vs OB lol
    Actually that one was against jb

Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
    that shiftiness on the interception is about the most realistic ive seen in NCAA any version... stepped inside blockers and then exploded outside up the sidelines...

i think that covers the spectrum of "juke" for NCAA retail and what it SHOULD BE... subtle moves for the every down runner and then that occasional "holy crap" moment...

"E"
    Amen! I'm sick all to hell of these 65 and 70 and 75 OVR RBs being able to pull off Barry Sanders jukes every single time they run the ball. People complain and bitch and moan about how this game isn't anywhere near sim or realistic with the zone or various aspects of the defense, but then when it comes to crap like this where even the most pathetic RB in the game could juke the hell out anyone and everyone, they suddenly go quiet.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Actually, I kinda have a problem with the immediate speed garnered from the stop and go like that. WR#6's speed and acceleration (92/88) really aren't conducive with someone that has the ability to stop on a dime like that and immediately get back to top speed. Sure, the dude is pretty fast, but I always thought that elite speed should be required for that type of play.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Amen! I'm sick all to hell of these 65 and 70 and 75 OVR RBs being able to pull off Barry Sanders jukes every single time they run the ball. People complain and bitch and moan about how this game isn't anywhere near sim or realistic with the zone or various aspects of the defense, but then when it comes to crap like this where even the most pathetic RB in the game could juke the hell out anyone and everyone, they suddenly go quiet.
    Stop acting so holier than everyone else. We all know how you feel but your ranting against people with an opposing viewpoint is starting to go overboard. I'm fine that you disagree but constantly calling out posters isn't cool in my book. The fact that more people have voted yes does indicate people aren't happy.
    Last edited by Rudy; 07-06-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Stop acting so holier than everyone else. We all know how you feel but your ranting against people with an opposing viewpoint is nearing jerk status. I'm fine that you disagree but constantly calling out posters isn't cool in my book.
    Alright, honestly, who am I calling out? I'm not talking about anyone by name, and I'm not even referring to you or someone else on this site. Unless I specifically mention "people on this site" or mention someone by name, I'm referring to the NCAA community as a whole, people from OS, people from "that other site", people from any gaming forum on the internet.

Christ, apparently I can't use what people around the internet (is that better for you?) are saying in my argument, or else I'm a jerk and calling people out. Fine, fuck it, every post I make from now on will be about "OMG! How wonderful this game is! Not a single problem! I just love it!" Better for you? :rolleyes:

Alright... easy guys. Difference of opinions and we know about opinions right? Everybody is a smelly asshole.

Wait, what was that analogy again?

I shouldn't have posted until after I calmed down but I'm just annoyed that their is this assumption that complainers on message boards have an agenda rather than just make an honest critical post. OShas gone down the toilet the last 2 years because critical posts are shouted down too vigorously and mods ban dissenters to protect developer relationships. The fact my laptop is dead and it's takingforever to type this on iPod is also pissing me off. Sorry. Need to take a break.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    "Juking" is lame as shit anyway. Be a man and plow through the motherfucker, work your legs, and keep on truckin'.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    "Juking" is lame as shit anyway. Be a man and plow through the motherfucker, work your legs, and keep on truckin'.
    But I can'ttruck guys like I could either. It all depends on my back. Sometime I like the John Clay type of back and some times I like the LaM James type of back.

I shouldn't have posted until after I calmed down but I'm just annoyed that their is this assumption that complainers on message boards have an agenda rather than just make an honest critical post. OShas gone down the toilet the last 2 years because critical posts are shouted down too vigorously and mods ban dissenters to protect developer relationships. The fact my laptop is dead and it's takingforever to type this on iPod is also pissing me off. Sorry. Need to take a break.
    Sorry as well Rudy. Now that I have taken the past 30-40 minutes to look at posts elsewhere in the forum and far away from the NCAA section (even going so far as to completely collapse the NCAA section so none of the forums in it showed up, I'm more settled. At the time, especially right after G made his post, I was honestly worked up enough that I was seconds away from posting in here essentially saying to hell with it, I'm done, that I wasn't posting in this NCAA portion of the forum ever again, that I was just going to stay in the Tiger Woods, Video Games, Off-topic, and Online Dynasty portions of the forum for as long as I was a member here.

I understand where you're coming from man, and I realize I probably could word some of my stuff a little better, but I just want you to realize that when I say stuff like up above, I honestly am not calling anyone out from this forum, at least that's not my intention. I'm just using what I see people saying on other forums and from around various video game and NCAA related sites as stuff to try and get my point across. If I honestly intended to call someone out on this forum, I'd step up and would actually say their name so they know I'm referring specifically to them and if they want, we can have a full discussion about it, not just go the pussy route and use the generalizations like I use when talking about just various things I've seen around the internet on topics like this.

Take for instance the "bitching and moaning about the defense and zones". You can go on literally any website related for video games with even so much as a single thread about NCAA located somewhere on it and you'll see a bunch of people complaining about zones. But I have seen considerably less comments around the internet about how overpowered the jukes and other RB moves seem, which in my honest opinion, they really are. So that's where I was coming from. Anywhere on the internet, it's all zones, defense, the CPU runs your routes better than your WR", complaining about how it's not sim and how it's nothing like real football, but hardly any mentions about jukes and the RB moves, almost like they prefer it that way, even though it isn't even remotely sim, again, in my honest opinion. Now I will admit, maybe I'm just assuming a bunch and putting words on those various peoples mouths when I say that and that they really do have a problem with the RB moves being seemingly overpowered, just defense is their issue they are putting all their attention towards currently.

And apologies about typing up my posts in such a way that I'm coming across almost assholish when replying to critical posts and to stuff with a complete opposite viewpoint than mine. That's just sort of the way I've always been, even in real life. When I start up with my opinion about something, I've been one to sort of come across hot and heavy-handed while trying to make my point known and clear. Clearly, I've been getting that way a little bit too easily and too much lately. I've probably made more than a couple posts like that today, which is unfortunate. Hell, I may still go ahead and sort of self-ban myself from the entire NCAA Football portion of the forum through at least release day next Tuesday. Certainly wouldn't hurt anything, and I wouldn't be surprised if some people in the end would be glad about it. I'm not referring to you Rudy, but there have been some people I've been a bit assholish to today that probably would be quite happy to see me not posting anymore in this area for a long time.

The fact that more people have voted yes does indicate people aren't happy.
    Hey Rudy, 50/50 now.

Totally off topic but I feel I must comment... what has happened to OS.... and... NCAASTRATEGIES.... seriously??? I don't post on either of those forums anymore. It's like the Ahole fringe has somehow taken over and any real discussion is replaced in favour of name calling and slander. Please GAMING TAILGATE, never come to that or else I will have nowhere to post...

I digress.... On the juke topic... I am not great on the R stick so I'm not the best judge but watching a 3rd string RB juke his way to a 50+ yard TD drives me nuts. To the same extent, the juke on the demo may be dumbed down just a little too much

I really like the current juke a lot. Most of the time, you'll get a small to medium "cut" type juke, but occasionally you'll still get the big one that breaks the defenders ankles. I just had a sick juke with Trent Richardson. I got around the corner and just had FSU's safety in my way. I hit the right stick and his momentum carried him 5 yards past me. It was exactly what you were looking for Rudy.

I must say I like the new feel of it. The major thing to adjust to though is not that the rb is "neutered", but rather that the rb continues his movement up the field with the juke and defenders no longer fall unrealistically and aimlessly into a "juked out" animation which leaves them physically able to rub you but do nothing about it. The anticipation factor and set up comes into play finally. You can't just do it last second in closed space anymore which is GREAT imo. We're not used to having to set up runs, we're used to juking our way out, so we say that the rb is neutered. But he's not, he's just finally reacting the way an rb should react based on physical limitations. And momentum DOES come into play....quite a bit actually by what I've played demo-wise and seen gameplay-wise. Still a few instances where it could certainly be improved, but overall I've been very impressed with what I've seen.

Broke a demo dude's ankles on a blow-by that looked spectacular because I had just hit space and the rb made a quick shoulder shimmy and cut left but never stopped going up the field.... GONE! Was the most incredible single moment of my short 12 demo career! On the other hand CPU LaMichael and Richardson had some stop and go shimmys that left my dude strapless and went 50+ for 6. Cpu Rich actually followed blockers through a hole, shook inside, bounced off a blocker and then spun back outside and avoided the last guy and it was off to the races. Though it was against me I enjoyed the run very much and it was everything and anything you would want out of a ball carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by OMRebel View Post
    I really like the current juke a lot. Most of the time, you'll get a small to medium "cut" type juke, but occasionally you'll still get the big one that breaks the defenders ankles. I just had a sick juke with Trent Richardson. I got around the corner and just had FSU's safety in my way. I hit the right stick and his momentum carried him 5 yards past me. It was exactly what you were looking for Rudy.
    Stop momentum definitely looks good to me. It was still a little short last year, but when you run by a ball carrier this year, you leave the picture.

No hard feelings Smoothpancakes. I over reacted and am sorry as well. I guess both of us were in a bit of a bad mood yesterday but it also shows we can have an argument, apologize and move on. Text doesn't always let you know how the other person really feels. This stupid iPod typing is still driving me nuts though. Cmon ups!

Unfortunately the poll has turned against me lol! I just hope that my l-stick moves improve so I can still defeat a defender in open space. Not everyone has tommy's moves.