Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ESPN - NCAA Football 11 Takes Dynasty to the Web

• Facebook
  • Display
    Can't say it any better than has already been said. JB, I was starting to think that there was no feature that could be WOW anymore this season, thought maybe we had teased the wow out of it. But this is CRAZY SUPER WOW!

My favorite thing is that a story will be mocked up on EVERYTHING by itself. And then if you want you can go in and edit/add/subtract/rewrite/add photos/add highlights/etc.

This is going to make OD's absolutely ROCK THE HOUSE!

Question: Will the highlight reels install like the photos? IOW, will there be 5 'generic' highlights made throughout the game, based on SS or greatness points for the game or something, just as there will be 'generic' photos?

meh...where's the dreads??

...ha ha. couldn't resist. This is very cool. I just hope the site is not blocked at work! Otherwise, I'll spend all my time at work on the pooper recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Question: Will the highlight reels install like the photos? IOW, will there be 5 'generic' highlights made throughout the game, based on SS or greatness points for the game or something, just as there will be 'generic' photos?
    Pretty sure the type of vids the CPU would randomly pick and store in the NCAA 10 will be taken to Dynasty Wire. (Pontiac Game Changing Performance Play of the Game, for example.)

I'm glad this one is finally out there to talk about!

Being able to recruit online should help people find more diamonds in the rough. Think of all the time you can spent looking and comparing attributes!

Trying to look closer at the screenshots, I noticed one tab is called "Roster" and one is called "Stats Leaders". Two questions:

- What is in the roster tab if not depth chart/formation subs etc? Just ability to examine your roster?

- Can you only view a certain number of leaders in certain stats categories or can you look at all stats just as you are able to on the console?

This is so awesome! I will say that I've never played an online dynasty, but being able to just join a public one or do one by yourself is a BIG deal for me. Being able to do everything online is a massive draw and will definitely dominate my workdays this fall.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm also REALLY stoked about it automatically creating stories and giving you the ability to add/cut/edit the stories however you want. This won't be good because I'll be spending way too much time on the computer now, haha.

Definitely a WOW feature you guys. Haha, I never thought that the demo would become a "meh" event on the premise that the game would have so much stuff, I'd be eager to get my hands on it. But I think that day is finally here.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    The two things you would miss out on if you use it as an Online Dynasty is invites to another conference and job offers to better teams. Otherwise everything is the same. For the job offers, you can always re-assign yourself to a different team after you feel you're worthy of a job offer. As for changing teams, you could always take the dynasty offline after the BCS Championship is played, then advance to the offseason recruiting. At that point, you'll have the possibility of getting a conference invite.
    but by taking it offline and re-upping it online, you'll lose all the coaching/dynasty history, wont you? thats how it was in the past ODs. kind of ruins the whole point of me doing my 1* build-up dynasty online. not saying this is pointless, as It'll be massive fun for my online dynasty with Texas Tech, just that it will kind of mess up my dynasty I would normally do offline(1* build-up team)

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    You won't lose a feature.
    Haven't seen confirmation about this for '11, but on 10 Coach Contracts and Conference Invites aren't implemented in OD
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
    but by taking it offline and re-upping it online, you'll lose all the coaching/dynasty history, wont you? thats how it was in the past ODs. kind of ruins the whole point of me doing my 1* build-up dynasty online. not saying this is pointless, as It'll be massive fun for my online dynasty with Texas Tech, just that it will kind of mess up my dynasty I would normally do offline(1* build-up team)
    Really good question

Got give the team @ EA credit this year they have listened to the community and followed thru.

Once again, I too am REALLY excited about the news that came out today...Wow! This should really rock all of our worlds. I also really like the feature that lets us go back and look at stats from years past. That will be so nice! And the email alerts? Amazing idea! I just wish you could sign up for text alerts rather than emails, but I won't complain.

This will be awesome. Not as awesome if I'm blocked at work from it (most likely) but still awesome.

I wondered if this could happen and posted a thread on something MLB 2K10 does (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...-Dynasty-Blogs). The fact that JB didn't pop in and comment on it led me to believe it could be true.

I plan on running an online dynasty for 1 just to get access to that stuff!
    Last edited by Rudy; 06-09-2010 at 10:04 PM.

Guys,

We now know we can track our dynasty for as long as 60 years, going back and looking at past seasons, past games, etc. What do we know about tracking school records, national records, dynasty records, etc.?

Here is what I mean:

Will the online dynasty (OD) keep the Top 5 Passing Yard Leaders for my team (Oklahoma)?
    --I know it kept the #1 guy for my school in NCAA 10 and other past versions of the game, but I'd really LOVE to have at least a Top 5 or Top 10 of my school's All-Time Passing Yardage leaders, etc.

Will the OD keep user records of any kind? If my OD has 12 guys, will the OD keep track of the Top 5 or 10 user passing yardage games, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
    Agreed! We need to hear more on this. I also am curious about online connection and playing games... my PS3 router usually cuts out after an hour or so.

Ya know, to tie into espn....a highlight show is now possible via this feature. This has a unique "SportsCenter" feel to it. A generic highlight show, coupled with a separate user based highlight reel and story, would make this taste even sweeter. Like your own personalized sportscenter.com - "Dunana, Dunana"

This is phenomenal! I've wanted online stat tracking for years, and this is that and so much more! How the hell am I supposed to wait another 33 days for this?

As the commissioner of a multi-team CAS/TeamBuilder dynasty, I'm thrilled.

I was able to get some clarification on a few issues:

- No editing depth charts or formation subs. The team focused on making sure they were able to get all aspects of Recruiting on Dynasty Wire.

- Rosters tab lets you see your roster and roster of every team in your Dynasty plus player stats & ratings.

- In the Stats Leaders tab, you can sort by Top 25 or Any Team in the most important Offensive and Defensive stats.

- The game will auto-upload all media you save from each game. (The game will autosave and publish 5 photo highlights each game, just to make sure you have some highlights available.) You can save 5 videos on your own (or extra pics) and after saving them and exiting the game, they will be auto-uploaded to the Dynasty Wire site. There's nothing extra that you need to do.

Thanks cdj, It's a shame about the depth charts and formation subs but not that big of a deal. Being able to recruit just as if you are on the console is HUGE! I also like the sound of being able to view other teams rosters including stats and ratings for each player. It'll be nice to be able to scout your next opponents roster ahead of time.

Can't get over how good of a feature this is!

Just got confirmation from Russ that depth chart and etc will not be on the web. They spent most of their time into what we will spend most of our time on, recruiting. Depth chart and other items, we'll only touch a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    Being able to recruit just as if you are on the console is HUGE! I also like the sound of being able to view other teams rosters including stats and ratings for each player. It'll be nice to be able to scout your next opponents roster ahead of time.

Can't get over how good of a feature this is!
    Agreed! I'm not going to get anything done at work this summer.

cdj, do you know if there will be any way to export or otherwise save this information outside the EA servers? Obviously, we can't expect them to host this stuff forever; it'd be nice to have a permanent copy/archive.