Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN - NCAA Football 11 Takes Dynasty to the Web

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    WOW! Standing ovation EA! Sounds really in depth & well done. Maybe I missed it, CD guys... Can we edit our depth charts, formation subs, & roster online as well?
    Don't think so. We only saw mock ups, didn't see it in action in March.

Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
    How did season showdown have anything to do with it if you don't mind me asking JB?
    The technology that was used with Season Showdown made all of this possible.

WOW! Standing ovation EA! Sounds really in depth & well done. Maybe I missed it, CD guys... Can we edit our depth charts, formation subs, & roster online as well?
    If memory serves me correctly, the answer to all three is yes. We didn't get to see the actual Dynasty Wire... it was only screenshots of each page but as Russ was walking us through it, I believe one of the things is that you can work with your rosters.

By the way, the biggest aspect of this is that we didn't lose a single feature in the carry-over to the web. When Madden 10 added Online Franchise, you lost a bunch of features like sliders, recruiting classes, etc. To my knowledge, this does not lose a single feature.

Recruit
    I am a bit disappointed there will be no iPhone app, but no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Don't think so. We only saw mock ups, didn't see it in action in March.
    That's too bad but oh well.... What a good addition!

Refresh my memory, are there any parts of offline dynasty that aren't included in online dynasty? In other words, is there anything i will be missing if I do my single player dynasty online this year?

Refresh my memory, are there any parts of offline dynasty that aren't included in online dynasty? In other words, is there anything i will be missing if I do my single player dynasty online this year?
    I'm working on confirmation if it is in or not. (the depth charts and formation subs)

You won't lose a feature.

Well thank you season showdown...

If we can adjust rosters and depth charts online I will be ecstatic. Now if they can just make it to where I can play my game on the internet...

It's also really neat that you can just do a 1 man OD. I mean Now there almost won't be a point in playing offline dynasties if you have internet access.

Well thank you season showdown...
    I wasn't lying when I said Season Showdown is more important than you think on another website. (which I think was the birth of my tease moniker)

JB you are the TEASE! LOL

One addition to this that did not make it in is that you cannot advance from the web. The commissioner still has to get onto the console and advance the week... it's a small price to pay for the additions we did get though.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    One addition to this that did not make it in is that you cannot advance from the web. The commissioner still has to get onto the console and advance the week... it's a small price to pay for the additions we did get though.
    Yeah ... definitely a price I'm willing to pay. I'm very excited about an e-mail alert when the dyansty is advanced. That way I don't have to keep looking to see if it has or not.

Yeah ... definitely a price I'm willing to pay. I'm very excited about an e-mail alert when the dyansty is advanced. That way I don't have to keep looking to see if it has or not.
    That's a really good point! I'm gonna go ahead & appoint a lawyer now to start workin on my lawsuit against EA now for when I lose my job!

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Definitely not a huge deal when compared to what all is available online. This is just absolutely incredible. This is something I've wanted for quite a long time (truthfully, just stats, results, and rosters being available online would have been HUGE for me) and this being added like it is is just absolutely amazing.

I just can't say enough how amazing this addition is.

I just like the thought of the commish getting a email when everyone has played this is very good news. This brings alot to the the table and really brings the OD alive.

The two things you would miss out on if you use it as an Online Dynasty is invites to another conference and job offers to better teams. Otherwise everything is the same. For the job offers, you can always re-assign yourself to a different team after you feel you're worthy of a job offer. As for changing teams, you could always take the dynasty offline after the BCS Championship is played, then advance to the offseason recruiting. At that point, you'll have the possibility of getting a conference invite.
    Last edited by gschwendt; 06-09-2010 at 04:59 PM.

I wasn't lying when I said Season Showdown is more important than you think on another website. (which I think was the birth of my tease moniker)
    I remember discussing and reading that lol.

And just think, what we can't do now in the online website might be added through patch and probably into next years game. Like advancing on the internet, and things of that nature that have been mentioned.

I remember discussing and reading that lol.

And just think, what we can't do now in the online website might be added through patch and probably into next years game. Like advancing on the internet, and things of that nature that have been mentioned.
    Yeah, that brings up a good point. They can technically add web-based features to their site midway through the year if they so choose. Granted advancing from the internet won't be one of them, but other stuff that is more tied to viewing/sorting data, they could add at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachdenz View Post
    I just like the thought of the commish getting a email when everyone has played this is very good news. This brings alot to the the table and really brings the OD alive.
    Yeah it's definitely going to help things flow better!