Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Paakaa10 Media Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by BearDownUofA View Post
    Heh, I actually drew that picture you got from Wikipedia. I'm Wikipedia's main CFB uniform guy.

Anyway, on the real uniforms, the sleeve cuffs are solid color, not two-tone, and there's no block A logo on the pants like there is in-game. As I said, it's the little details, and I don't understand why EA can't fix them.
    Very cool to have the Wiki uniform guy here haha. Definitely helpful for reference purposes. Thanks for the specifics of the uniform details; definitely annoying, and it will be noted in feedback I provide.

Quote Originally Posted by illwill10 View Post
    Team(s) in Screenshot: Southern Miss vs. Memphis
    Uniforms in Screenshot (if that matters): Gold Southern Miss Jersey
    Home Field in Screenshot (if that matters): Memphis
    Action in Screenshot: HB #22(Memphis) fighting for a TD
    Weather/Time: Fog night
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Since I live in Baton Rouge, how about LSU's intro?
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinkid626 View Post
    If you could do a trench shot of UCLA's Dline vs Usc's Oline, that'd be great.
    My wife has commandeered the PS3 for Netflix at the moment, but I'll grab these later on tonight or sometime before noon tomorrow at the latest. The video might take a little longer--for obvious reasons--but it's definitely a cool entrance to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    Very cool to have the Wiki uniform guy here haha. Definitely helpful for reference purposes. Thanks for the specifics of the uniform details; definitely annoying, and it will be noted in feedback I provide.
    Don't put too much trust in me. I base quite a bit of my work on TeamBuilder since it's the only resource that consistently depicts all uniforms in the same way, thus allowing me to see the details.

Heh, I actually drew that picture you got from Wikipedia. I'm Wikipedia's main CFB uniform guy.

Anyway, on the real uniforms, the sleeve cuffs are solid color, not two-tone, and there's no block A logo on the pants like there is in-game. As I said, it's the little details, and I don't understand why EA can't fix them.

You would think man that EA could atleast fix the white helmets... How hard could it be to put white facemasks on a helmet during a patch or something...

Depends on how it's used in-game and how the texture/color is controlled. Some things, speaking broadly about games in general, aren't patchable.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Depends on how it's used in-game and how the texture/color is controlled. Some things, speaking broadly about games in general, aren't patchable.
    It's just astounding that they couldn't fix Zona's uniforms after they were worn for the entire year last year. The worst part is that I know we're not the only school to get hosed in such a way.

Hey Paakaa,

How are you recording your videos? I'm interested in recording my OD games this year is why I'm asking.

Quote Originally Posted by MtneerManiac View Post
    Hey Paakaa,

How are you recording your videos? I'm interested in recording my OD games this year is why I'm asking.
    I'll describe my setup with links--bold text--to listings of each product.

I have my PlayStation 3 running proprietary-to-component out to a Hauppauge! HD PVR device. The component out cables which come with the Hauppauge run to the component inputs of my LCD TV. The Hauppauge connects to my laptop via USB cable--also included with the recorder--and I use the software that came with the recorder to record video.

I then use Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 to edit the videos.

The screenshots that I have captured for this thread have been achieved by setting up the screen as I want it from the in-game instant replay and then recording a 1-2 second video to my computer. I then use the free VLC Media Player to play the file, pause it, and capture a 1280x720 snapshot.

Hope that helps.

EDIT
    One thing to note when using this Hauppauge! HD PVR is that it only supports component cables and thus only supports up to 1080i; 1080p is not supported. Since 720p is preferable to 1080i in many ways, I've been capturing video and screenshots in 720p even though the game itself supports up to 1080p if you have an HDMI cable. When I know that I'm not going to record anything, I switch to my HDMI connection for a better picture.

For RebelNutt48:
    The Independence Bowl--when you select it in "Play Now"--says Independence Stadium in Shreveport, LA. That said, unless the photos I looked at for reference are outdated, the in-game model still looks generic.

Screenshot from game just for the heck of it:

Must be some copyright thing with Shreveport that is keeping them from using the stadium in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelNutt48 View Post
    Must be some copyright thing with Shreveport that is keeping them from using the stadium in the game.
    its the same for the godaddy.com bowl in mobile, al. really makes me mad cause thats also home to the USA jags football team :/

thats a little thing thats upseting haha

those new WSU Cougar uni's were known about, pretty well in advance as far as I know and still didnt make it in.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    those new WSU Cougar uni's were known about, pretty well in advance as far as I know and still didnt make it in.
    It's one part of the overall uniform, most of which is in.

Team(s) in Screenshot: Clemson vs. Georgia Tech
    Uniforms in Screenshot (if that matters): Purple Clemson Uniforms
    Home Field in Screenshot (if that matters): Clemson
    Action in Screenshot (if that matters): Clemson Catching a TD pass
    Weather/Time: Day

Here's a screenshot from the Louisiana Tech entrance showing their "touch tradition":

For the sake of experimenting with my laptop's render speed I put together a quick video of the Louisiana Tech entrance from the footage I captured to get the screenshot:

If people have video requests that could be fulfilled in a video between one minute and a minute-and-a-half long, I might be able to get to them before Tuesday's launch.
    Thank you for uploading the LA Tech entrance! Even though that old scoreboard and speaker system was replaced a couple years ago, it's nice that they customized our entrance. Go Dawgs!

Maybe they can update our flags next season?

And maybe add the fog machines?

Gotta keep opposing teams from spitting on The Spirit of '88.

Last edited by dawg06; 07-11-2011 at 03:00 AM.

For illwill10:

For souljahbill:

Video to come later; I didn't get the shot of the tiger growling at the opposing player in this "version" of the entrance so I'm going to test another go of it and see if I get that one.

For bruinkid626:

For clemson39:

For @mctrees02 on Twitter:

Announcement of Request Cut-Off Time

With the retail version of NCAA Football 12 available for everyone starting at midnight tonight, I'm going to wrap up this screenshot/short video request thread.

At 6PM ET/5PM CT/4PM MT/3PM PT, I'm going to close the thread to outside posts and fulfill the screenshot and short video requests of anything posted by that time. After I've fulfilled those requests, the thread will re-open for any comments but no further requests will be taken at that time since most people will have the game in-hand just hours after.

It has been a pleasure grabbing screenshots and videos for everyone who has visited this thread. I'm excited for everyone to get the chance to go out and get this game which I've spent so much of my life thinking about and giving feedback on for the last seven months.

Thanks guys,
    Brian

It's incredibly aggravating that EA hasn't implemented color vs. color games.

It's incredibly aggravating that EA hasn't implemented color vs. color games.
    Isn't it a penalty?

Link: http://www.ehow.com/list_6743409_nca...y-jerseys.html

The NCAA has many rules regarding player jerseys. For instance, all jersey numbers must be numbers between one and 99 and having a jersey with zero as the first number is illegal. The NCAA also has recommended numbers for certain positions. For example, it suggests quarterback jerseys be numbered one through 49, right and left guards between 60 to 69 and right and left tackles from 70 to 79. The NCAA football rules about home and away jerseys are just as specific as their numbering rules.

Visiting Team Jerseys
    NCAA rules state that the visiting team must wear white jerseys. The color of the numbers for the visiting team’s jerseys has to be different from that of the home team. Visiting teams may only wear colored jerseys to away games if both teams agree in writing to wearing colored jerseys for that particular game. The home team’s respective conference must also officially certify that the visiting team’s jersey colors contrast with the home team’s jersey colors.

Home Team Jerseys
    Home teams wear colored jerseys in contrasting colors to visiting team’s jerseys. If the color of the home jersey has white in the design, it is limited to numbers, number outlines, insignias, college name, sleeve stripes, collar border and side seam. Sleeve stripes and collar borders cannot exceed one inch wide and the side seam cannot exceed four inches wide. Home teams may wear white jerseys if its conference certifies the colors contrast with the visiting team’s jerseys and both teams agree to it in writing before the game.

Penalties
    If either team violates the NCAA jersey rules, they team is subject to penalty. If at the time of kickoff for the first or second half of the game, a player or players are not in compliance with the NCAA football rules about home and away jerseys, the officials call an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Officials administer this 15-yard penalty as a dead-ball foul. Additionally, all jerseys must be full length and tucked into the player’s pants. This rule violation also leads to a 15-yard penalty for the offending team.
    EDITED FOR COMMENTS:
    In short, each team can wear colored uniforms if they agree to do so beforehand and if their jerseys do not violate certain stipulations regarding the color contrast of the uniforms and the numbers.

I imagine, for the sake of the NCAA Football video game series, it would be a difficult task to go through all of the different uniform options for the 120 teams and decide which combinations would meet the NCAA rulebook standards for color-color match-ups. While it could be annoying for some people, I'm sure that the general NCAA Football public would rather that time be spent on other things versus determining which uniforms meet NCAA guidelines for such games.
    Last edited by Paakaa10; 07-11-2011 at 12:28 PM.

LSU Entrance Video

There appear to be multiple versions of some team entrances in the game. I played as LSU at home against Georgia and then Florida and neither team--despite being SEC rivals of the Tigers--had the scene play where the opposing player gets startled by the tiger.

Then I set up Arkansas against LSU--because they have a named rivalry and a rivalry trophy in the game--and I got what you see above.

Not a Clemson fan, but I'm interested to see their custom entrance this year. Could you post if possible Paakaa?