Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanfall (XB1, 360, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display

Titanfall (XB1, 360, PC)

Amazon Purchase Links: Xbox One - Xbox 360 - PC [Digital Download]

For those who don't know the backstory:

Respawn Entertainment

On April 12, 2010 the LA Times reported that West and Zampella were forming a new independent gaming studio known as Respawn Entertainment. They are seeking funding from EA through the EA Partners Program. West and Zampella will incorporate the rights to all intellectual property produced by them in the future.[41][42][43] As of July 10, 2010, 38 of the 46 Infinity Ward employees who resigned from that studio following the firings of West and Zampella revealed through their LinkedIn and Facebook profiles that they had signed on with Respawn Entertainment.[31][44] According to comments by the employees, Respawn was expected to begin work on its first project in May 2010.[45]
    And now for the blurry viral image of their first body of work:

From Joystiq...
    Last edited by cdj; 03-12-2014 at 09:20 PM.

Is that a Brontosaurus in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Is that a Brontosaurus in the middle?
    Looks like at the base of that is some sort of bunker... I bet the tall part is some kind of communication tower.

Can't wait to see what it is. COD4 was one of the best online shooters I have ever played, and if Activision hadn't messed with MW2, it would've been even better. These guys definitely know what they're doing, so I can't wait to see what they have in store.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Looks like at the base of that is some sort of bunker... I bet the tall part is some kind of communication tower.
    Now that I look at it again, yeah it does look like a quonset or something like that.

Nice bump this thread didn't have any action for nearly two years.

That will suck if it is next-gen XBOX only since I won't be getting it right away, if at all.

Doesn't really make any sense from EA's perspective, because they're missing out on Battlefield-like sales numbers more than likely. However, if you read further into the article, it mentioned that apparently several of Microsoft's next gen exclusives were cancelled, so it's quite possible Microsoft threw a TON of money EA's way. It'll be interesting to see nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    That's o.k. you won't be able to play it for 2 weeks b/c the servers won't be able to handle the traffic. #DealWithIt Honestly, I don't get the whole FPS craze but they definitely sell tons of copies. Supply demand.

I love shooters, which is why most of my gaming time is spent on the 360. Granted, I've been playing NBA almost exclusively for the past month, but still, I love my sports and my shooters. That's where the 360 controller really shines.

But, if this is true, amazingly smart move on Microsoft's part. Shooters are probably the most popular genre and if they can have enough exclusive shooters, it could be enough to sway the upcoming generation in their favor. However, on the flip side, we've seen absolutely nothing about this game, so it could turn out to be a dud like Medal of Honor.

The debut title from Respawn Entertainment has been leaked ahead of a planned E3 reveal, thanks to the cover of the new Game Informer Magazine.

As originally pointed out by NeoGAF, digital subscribers with an Android device managed to download the cover image early, leading to the game being outed ahead of schedule.

The game is called Titanfall and will be coming to Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC according to the magazine. The NeoGAF poster also added that the title is set to be multiplayer-focused and use the Cloud heavily, while the Xbox 360 version is being developed by a different studio.

As you can see in the picture below, the image of a woman blasting a mech is accompanied by the text, "After a bitter split with Activision and Call of Duty Respawn debuts its bold vision for next-gen multiplayer."

There was speculation that the game would be called "Titan" after the company trademarked the name last month, though it seems this was slightly off. This does, however, partially confirm the rumour that the game will be Xbox exclusive as, while it will be appearing on PC, Sony's consoles look set to be skipped.

Respawn was founded by Infinity Ward co-founders Jason West and Vince Zampella back in 2010 after their departure from Infinity Ward. Previously, a blurry image was the only thing shown from Respawn’s game, though Zampella teased an upcoming E3 reveal back in February. In March, West left the company.

With E3 just around the corner, expect lots more on Titanfall following its official reveal.
    Will be coming to 360, Xbox One, and PC. No mention of a Playstation release, so it looks like the rumors were true. Huge score for Microsoft if it actually ends up being a good game.

It's called Titanfall.

Is this the game/team that got into a lawsuit with Activision? I don't recall how that lawsuit ended up but seem to remember reading they were looking for an injunction basically banning the team from making a game that would compete with COD.

Glad that it at least is coming to 360.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Glad that it at least is coming to 360.

Might want to think about that. Bold parts makes it seem like the 360 will be severely gimped:

- Xbox One, PC
    - Xbox 360 version developed by someone else
    - Planned to target current gen, but realized that they couldn't run it

- Started to look into next gen and the answer they got from Microsoft intrigued them
    - They said they needed to focus on fewer hardware. In the future they are open to more. They don't specify if it would be this project or another.
    - Plan to use Microsoft's Cloud for dedicated servers and physics and AI calculations
    - Spring 2014 Release Date
    - In my opinion it visually looks pretty nice.
    - First person shooter
    - "Mech" and ground combat
    - "Mech's" are called Titans.
    - They want these Titans to feel fast. They can dodge etc.
    - If you don't want to pilot the Titan you can have it follow you, killing people as it goes along.
    - Player characters are called Pilots
    - They are extremely agile. Can run on walls, multiple jumps.
    - They can take down Titans. Jumping on them and shooting the "brain".
    - You need to be cunning as a pilot. "Hit and fade" tactics is the term the game director uses.
    - Pilots come equipped with a variety of weapons. Pistol, Assault Rifle, Anti-Titan Rocket Launcher, data knife used to hack AI characters into joining you.
    - There are AI enemies on the maps.
    - You survive longer than in COD. Making it more welcoming to newcomers.
    - Source Engine. Building new engine = too much time.
    - Source gives them 60 fps
    - Rewrote aspects of it for next gen
    - Article talks about the process of forming the team, being fired, prototyping ideas etc. I recommend reading it.
    - Going for a District 9 or Blade Runner vibe.
    - Integrate memorable single player moments into a multiplayer game.
    - Storytelling style will be more Left 4 Dead.
    - Humans segregated between Earth and frontier planets. Corporation trying to take the resources of these frontier people.

-Unlimited dedicated servers
    -"a few dozen AI running around doing all the cool things that they are doing"
    -handles "all the complex physics calculations"
    -quicker, more accurate matchmaking

"This game wouldn't be possible without it. We wouldn't have even attempted to do it." (Respawn)

Bleh

The dude abides.

Dream shooter confirmed:

Following a demonstration of Titanfall at E3, EA's Craig Owens confirmed that the game will have dedicated servers on all platforms – PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

"We're using Microsoft's cloud compute initiative to run all our servers for it, so it's all running on dedicated servers," Owens said. "We'll spin up and spin down servers as necessary, and it'll do all the AI hosting and physics calculations and all matchmaking and all of that good stuff. It's all dedicated servers, all the time."

Fuck. Yes.

Titanfall confirmed for Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360

http://stevivor.com/2013/06/titanfall-confirmed-for-xbox-one-ps4-xbox-360/

Seems to be conflicting reports on whether there is going to be a PS4 game or not.
    Last edited by CLW; 06-11-2013 at 07:17 PM.

I think he meant "PC" instead of PS4. There's an insider that says it's a one year exclusive, but that was never confirmed, either. As it stands, only on Xbox platforms and PC.

Yep no PS4: