Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation 3 Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by spiker View Post
    Is there anything good that's still free on Hulu anymore? They used to have IASIP but I think they started charging for it.
    Truth be told, with DVR I rarely watch Hulu anymore but I loved it before. I just checked though and they have the 3 most recent IASIP episodes. I think that's how they've started doing a lot of shows.

I like it now for shows that I don't DVR but hear about afterwards.

For those of whom who have not checked the PS+ thread, Firmware Update 3.40:

Hi everyone, once again we’re adding new features to the PlayStation 3 (PS3) system via firmware update to ensure we’re bringing you the best, most comprehensive entertainment experience possible. PS3 system software update (v3.40) will be available soon, adding the PlayStation Plus subscription, enhancements to the connection between your PlayStation Network and Facebook accounts and more. Additionally, we’ll be launching system software update (v6.30) for the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system simultaneously with PS3 system software update (v3.40), adding PlayStation Plus compatibility as well as other new features.

We’ve gone ahead and provided a few highlights from PS3 firmware update (v3.40) below:

* PlayStation Plus: PlayStation Network users will be able to purchase membership to PlayStation Plus; a new subscription service on the PlayStation Network that provides you with new options to expand and enhance your gaming experience and enable you to gain an exclusive set of features and content. Friendly reminder, all of you PlayStation Network users will continue to have free access to PlayStation Network’s unmatched and expanding suite of new and exclusive features while PlayStation Plus subscribers will gain access to an exclusive and expanding set of gaming features, content and functionality.
    * Photo Gallery: A new network based photo sharing feature is now available on the Photo Gallery. The enhancement allows you to upload, browse and comment on photos on Facebook and Picasa Web Album. You can also opt to share your photos between your PlayStation Network friends as well as print photos from Photo Gallery.
    * Video Editor & Uploader: Video Editor and Uploader is a new function found on the XrossMediaBar (XMB), which enables you to edit, save and upload video files stored on the PS3 system to sites such as Facebook or YouTube.
    * Five Star Rating Support: Users can rate the PlayStation Store content they have purchased with one to five star ratings.
    * Power Save Settings: The default setting for PS3 System Auto-Off will be set at 2 hours, providing you with additional power save options and further improving power save features on the PS3 system.

In addition to the latest features introduced in PS3 system software update (v3.40), a separate, new PlayStation Network application on Facebook.com will be made available. This builds upon what was previously launched with Trophies and the ability to publish purchases from the PlayStation Store. Now you can further integrate your PlayStation Network and Facebook accounts with this new application. The application allows you to display your PlayStation Network profile on your Facebook account, find out which of your Facebook friends have a PSN account and send them a PlayStation Network friend request, view your PSN friends’ online status and add the PlayStation Network application tab to your Facebook user profile.

We’re very excited to be able to provide you with continued system software upgrades, which ensure your PS3 and PSP systems remain compelling offerings for years to come. For more details and instructions on how to update the system software for the PS3 and PSP systems, please visit http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Features/SystemUpdate and http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/psp/.
    Playstation Blog

Looks like a great update. Really excited to try all this new stuff out. If past updates are any indication, this will go live later tonight around 11pm or 12am EST.

FW 3.4 is available now.

Update is live now.

Found a hidden feature already not mentioned. Whenever you scroll over someone on your friend's list, their trophy level is displayed to the right of their name without having to click X on their name. Nice job. Now add the trophy counts for bronze, silver, gold, platinum, and total below that and it'll be perfect.

So did you update to PSN+?

I was under the assumption you wouldn't be able to get it until the store updates tomorrow. I'm pretty sure this update just allowed the ability for the features Plus introduces to work, but I couldn't see any option where you could sign up for it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I was under the assumption you wouldn't be able to get it until the store updates tomorrow. I'm pretty sure this update just allowed the ability for the features Plus introduces to work, but I couldn't see any option where you could sign up for it right now.
    It's in the store right now. I just purchased it. D/L WipeOut HD as we speak. Not sure how that auto download of select demos & patches works though.

Sorry, CDJ, I lied. It's available right now. You go Settings, System Settings, Automatic Download, On, Set a Time, and then it'll ask you if you wanna join. Hit yes, it'll tell you it auto renews like on XBL, then you pick a year(free 3 months) or 3 months, and then it gives you a special icon by your name(a gold plus sign) and then you get a special "Playstation Plus" section in the store where you can download all you free stuff. Loving it so far, for sure.

Thanks for the info on the auto downloads. Wasn't snooping hard enough to find that.

I love Playstation Plus already. For the first month you get Wipeout HD($20), Rally Cross($6), Age of Zombies($5), Warhawk Expansion($2), Collision Theme, $1 discount and early access to the Fat Princess expansion, 2 Fat Princess avatars, and discounts on a bunch of Midway and Tiki Games titles. So, right there you get $34+ off the $50 you paid for 2 months. It pays for itself in probably 2 or 3 months, which is awesome. It's almost as if the deal is too good to be true.

I wonder if they will be able to keep up with the bonuses, but you would think they'd have that mapped out months in advance. If not, they won't be letting the actor who plays Kevin Butler be making anymore decisions for the company.

I don't know man. If they keep this pace(I'm sure they wont), they'll be giving away hundreds of dollars of content for a $50 entry fee. I don't see how they could possibly do that, but I'm not going to complain. Another month and it will have paid for itself anyway.

I have a feeling this is what Sony's offices are going to look like by the end of the week, if not tomorrow morning.

I hope they will start moving patch releases to early morning, but I doubt that given they always do updates in the evening. The auto-DL will be nice for firmware and patches on games not in my rotation, but for titles I am currently playing I doubt it will be that handy. It says they can also push through videos they feel I may find interesting. I wonder how often that will occur and what vids.

I thought Qore was supposed to be included with this, or was I dreaming?

It is supposed to be included. Look in your download history in the store. When you subscribe, Qore gets put in there. It's weird, but that's where it goes if you buy it. You may have to scroll a long ways.

I've never subscribed before to Qore, but I could have sworn that I read it was included with the PS Plus package. It's not on my subscription list or download list, and when I look at it on the Store, I still have to pay for the individual episodes or the full year. Maybe it's not included after all, or maybe I have to wait until tomorrow after the store updates.

First off, at launch, PlayStation Plus will offer subscribers the full PlayStation Network game, WipEout HD, PSP minis and PS One Classics such as Fieldrunners, Age of Zombies and Rally Cross, full game trial of inFAMOUS, as well as free monthly episodes of Qore – our high-definition, interactive gaming lifestyle show.
    Straight from the blog.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Aha! I thought I read that somewhere. I'll just assume that it'll update tomorrow with the regular store update then. Thanks for the quote, Jeff.

Maybe they are waiting for next month's episode so the first one of the subscription isn't from June 1.