Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation 3 Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

Playstation 3 Discussion

PSN is going to be down tomorrow for 12 hours. You wont be able to access the store or account management and you MAY have problems logging it.

Maybe those rumors of Sony revealing a new XMB and premium PSN at E3 are true.

12 hours? Yikes. Does that mean online play for games will be down? Is there a reason given as to why it will be down, just maintenance??

Just so long as they get whatever it is done by monday for the demo I'm good!

Actually, I the PSN being down is today. Currently, I believe it's only the PSN Store and Account Management that are down. Online gaming is still available as are the friends list.

The TW11 Online Pass codes for PS3 won't work until tomorrow due to this maintenance as well. (Couldn't even enter them while the servers have been up the last few days.) Must be something big on the way or they are updating/changing something.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    The TW11 Online Pass codes for PS3 won't work until tomorrow due to this maintenance as well. (Couldn't even enter them while the servers have been up the last few days.) Must be something big on the way or they are updating/changing something.
    Speaking of which, where do you enter that? I was thinking there would be a prompt or something, but I've yet to even find where I enter that.

Ahh, I guess it is today. I misread the blog post. I'm online currently, so I'm assuming online play will work. The Store and Account Management will not though.

I cannot sign on. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by UGA14 View Post
    Speaking of which, where do you enter that? I was thinking there would be a prompt or something, but I've yet to even find where I enter that.
    For me, it popped up when I first got the game and asked how/if I wanted to access online. I picked the 'free one week trial' knowing the code wouldn't work. I'm guessing once the week ends it will then ask me for the code.

I cannot sign on. Nice.
    Hmm... I wonder if it's a matter of being "grandfathered in" but I'm online now. I've been signed on since sometime this morning so I wonder if I was online before everything went down so I can remain online until I sign out. Of note, IOU is the only other person on my friends list that's currently online.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    For me, it popped up when I first got the game and asked how/if I wanted to access online. I picked the 'free one week trial' knowing the code wouldn't work. I'm guessing once the week ends it will then ask me for the code.
    I was never prompted about access to online. I assume once they realized the server for Online Pass was going to be down for a while, they temporarily removed the Online Pass restriction.

I cannot sign on. Nice.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm guessing you wont be able to log on until after the update is done. I've been on ever since this morning and that's how the last update was as well. If you were on before it started, you were good as long as you didn't log off. If you tried to log on after it started, you couldn't do so.

Sounds like this will be down until around 10:30 central. (approximately)

Anyone know if they've ever talked about adding a sleep timer to the PS3? It would be nice so my system wouldn't run all night when I fall asleep watching a movie.

You can set your PS3 to turn off after like 2 hours of inactivity. Of course, if you're watching a movie, since it's interacting, that might actually not shut it off. I'm not sure about that one.

I think the downtime might be for the new PSN+ their supposed to be unveiling at E3, and also the whole 3D gaming might have something to do with it too.

Two "HUGE" announcements coming tomorrow morning on the European Playstation Blog.

Debut trailers of Killzone 3, SOCOM 4, and Gran Turismo 5 all tonight on GTTV.
    Last edited by I OU a Beatn; 06-11-2010 at 02:46 PM.

Firmware update 3.40 coming next Tuesday. Only thing known so far is that it's to allow PSN+.

Bloomberg: Hulu Coming to PSN 'Soon'

Will be awesome if it happens but before E3, 360 & iPad were both rumored to be getting Hulu as well and so far nothing has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Bloomberg: Hulu Coming to PSN 'Soon'

Will be awesome if it happens but before E3, 360 & iPad were both rumored to be getting Hulu as well and so far nothing has happened.
    Is there anything good that's still free on Hulu anymore? They used to have IASIP but I think they started charging for it.