Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Playbook Questions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Interesting. Thanks for doing the research on that Tommy. Might have to take that into consideration and practice it some to see if I can perfect it as it's one of those things that I think would be nearly unstoppable with the right QB/WR combo.
    You could probably even test it in NCAA11... I can't say for certain but I'm willing to bet 1 penny that it works the same way.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    You could probably even test it in NCAA11... I can't say for certain but I'm willing to bet 1 penny that it works the same way.
    If only I still had '11

What kind of playbook does Temple have? With Addazio it should now be a spread offense with some option concepts, like Florida last year. Does it reflect that?

Could maybe one of you fine gentlemen check for me as to if there is Jet Sweep in the Ace & Pistol Spread/4wr trips sets. Thanks in advance.

Does the flexbone have WB dive out of more formations than just flexbone normal?

Does the QB midline and toss actually work on this years game?

Is the QB/FB mesh sped up this year so he doesnt get tackled by the backside end as much?

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan View Post
    Could maybe one of you fine gentlemen check for me as to if there is Jet Sweep in the Ace & Pistol Spread/4wr trips sets. Thanks in advance.
    The custom playbooks video shows a Jet Sweep out of Pistol Ace, and Bama has a Jet Sweep out of Pistol Slot in the demo ...

I know that's not the exact answer you're looking for, but it's a good sign.

Pistol Ace
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Do3...mbedded#t=434s

I'll try to remember to check the other formations this evening.

Thanks for the link.

However, I was looking specifically for them in Ace Spread & 4Wr Trips and Pistol Spread and 4Wr Trips. Sorry for any confusion.

was Cool to see what Pistol Ace has to offer.

Thanks for the link.

However, I was looking specifically for them in Ace Spread & 4Wr Trips and Pistol Spread and 4Wr Trips. Sorry for any confusion.

was Cool to see what Pistol Ace has to offer.
    Ah... misunderstood. I'll take a look tonight.

Thanks for the link.

Yeah, I'm eager to see the plays Ace Spread and Ace 4WR Trips, too. I'm hoping at some point G will put together another custom playbook video walkthrough showing plays/formations that weren't in the first video.

Since you guys have the game early who is working on the playbook spreadsheet this year?

gschwendt

not a problem, in my head it made sense, not always the case in reality...

I doubt they did in the Ace's but hoping they are in the Pistol sets.

Trying to get my Run & Shoot offense ready to go so when I put the game in I can be playing with my playbook fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    Since you guys have the game early who is working on the playbook spreadsheet this year?
    I did it last year but not sure if I'll be putting something like that together this year or not since Custom Playbooks are in the game. One thing I may do is review some Custom Playbook stuff like how many run & pass plays are available in each formation, default goalline formation for each playbook, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    One thing I may do is review some Custom Playbook stuff like how many run & pass plays are available in each formation, default goalline formation for each playbook, etc.
    That sounds handy -- especially default goalline formations. I agree that with custom playbooks I see no point in putting together another playbook spreadsheet.

Is it possible to get the run plays from Shotgun Bunch?

No to all of these. However, while I checked all 4WR in Ace & Pistol and still found none, I did find find a WR Quick in the Ace - Slot Flex so you could always add that formation to your repertoire and just formation/package sub a WR for the TE. It seems to work fairly well.

thanks for checking for me. I will pass on any odd substitute formations like that, I am not a fan of formations with the outside WR(s) in Flanker positions. Not the end of the world it is there, bit dumbfounded it isn't, but feel the same on how EA dissed Ellerson by not putting in Army's Splitbone...

thanks for checking for me. I will pass on any odd substitute formations like that, I am not a fan of formations with the outside WR(s) in Flanker positions. Not the end of the world it is there, bit dumbfounded it isn't, but feel the same on how EA dissed Ellerson by not putting in Army's Splitbone...
    What a shame

Two things:
    1. Does the type of offense (multiple, option, etc.) as a base for your custom book determine how many plays you can put in or is maxed at 375?

2. could you possibly go through air forces book and tell me these things:

1. Maryland I Wide in their book?
    2. Are there any ACE formations? And if so are they the useless ones from last year?
    3. How many standard I-forms are in the book
    4. How many Flexbones?
    5. And do they have any offset I-gun formations?

Basically has it changed at all?
    Last edited by SpreadOption; 07-02-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOption View Post
    2. could you possibly go through air forces book and tell me these things:

1. Maryland I Wide in their book?
    2. Are there any ACE formations? And if so are they the useless ones from last year?
    3. How many standard I-forms are in the book
    4. How many Flexbones?
    5. And do they have any offset I-gun formations?
    You do realize that if Air Force's playbook doesn't have any of those formations that you can add them yourself with custom playbooks, right?

I'm not trying to be a d*ck, but I'm just saying that custom playbooks should solve (almost) any deficiency you might find in Air Force's default playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOption View Post
    1. Does the type of offense (multiple, option, etc.) as a base for your custom book determine how many plays you can put in or is maxed at 375?
    The base playbook you choose determines the number of plays. I think it's between 370 and 377 depending on the team. Bama's one back playbook (as show in the video) offers 375 plays.

Hail Mary, Goal Line and Special Teams are included in each playbook, and I think it's ultimately Goal Line that determines the max number of plays you'll have.