Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Playbook Questions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    Anyone seen any goalline fades? If so how well do they play out? Are they like a real fade?
    Not sure exactly what you mean, but in NCAA 11 South Carolina had Ace Slot Goal Line Fade, and I'm 99% sure I saw that same play in an NCAA 12 video.

NCAA 11 GL Fade.png
    Last edited by Unconquered; 06-30-2011 at 12:49 PM.

Anyone seen any goalline fades? If so how well do they play out? Are they like a real fade?
    +1 on that

Quote Originally Posted by Unconquered View Post
    Not sure exactly what you mean, but in NCAA 11 South Carolina had Ace Slot Goal Line Fade, and I'm 99% sure I saw that same play in an NCAA 12 video.
    The fade is one of the hot routes, so I'm not necessarily worried about the actual play being there but rather the execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Unconquered View Post

NCAA 11 GL Fade.png
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator3guy View Post
    The fade is one of the hot routes, so I'm not necessarily worried about the actual play being there but rather the execution.
    Right but not many played out like fades. Even if you put a little air under it, it still wasnt a true fade. Something to throw up and let the big receivers go get it

Right but not many played out like fades. Even if you put a little air under it, it still wasnt a true fade. Something to throw up and let the big receivers go get it
    Right on

Any Pistol Formation information you could give would be helpful. From your video, I gleaned:

Formation List:
    • 4WR Trio
    • 4WR Trips
    • Ace
    • Ace Twins
    • Bunch
    • Full House (NEW)
    • H Twins
    • Jumbo Z
    • Slot
    • Slot Flex (NEW...kinda as there were some hidden plays for Slot Flex in Slot last year)
    • Spread (NEW)
    • Spread Flex (NEW)
    • Strong Slot (NEW)
    • Train (NEW)
    • Trey Open
    • Trio
    • Trips
    • Trips Open
    • Twin TE
    • Weak Slot (formally Weak H Slot)
    • Wing Over (NEW)
    • Wing Trips TE (NEW)
    • Y-Trips

Is there any I'm missing?

Also, any new plays (obviously NEW formations will have several) such as Load Options?

The Pistol formations you see in the walkthrough should be all of them. I tried to at least scroll past every formation available but might have missed some here & there.

How many new formations are they? If so what are they?

Quote Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
    How many new formations are they? If so what are they?
    In the video I counted four new Ace formations: 4WR Trio, Panther Trips, Slot Y Flex and Tight Doubles On.

Dunno much about the rest, but it looks like there's a lot of new Pistol.

ps3- in the demo in FSUs playbook -shotgun tight Noles wide receiver screen was broken. Is it fixed in retail copy?

if you kept the play as is and snapped ball the receiver with the x above his head could not be thrown to because the X would disappear . But if you hot routed WR -x-, the x would be visible above his head and you could throw to him

First attempt. Full disclosure, this is on Varsity.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Is it possible to do that without the WR jumping straight up in the air? More of a loft it up and land it in his hands to the outside corner where only he can catch it barely in bounds. That's what I always think of when it comes to a fade route instead of throwing it up and hoping a giant receiver comes down with the ball without getting flattened in the process.

I have to admit, I hate how the DBs still play dumb and dont react to pass in corner of endzone...maybe the excuse is to encourage user swats..?

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Is it possible to do that without the WR jumping straight up in the air? More of a loft it up and land it in his hands to the outside corner where only he can catch it barely in bounds. That's what I always think of when it comes to a fade route instead of throwing it up and hoping a giant receiver comes down with the ball without getting flattened in the process.
    I'll go to the practice field a bit later and test out various throws to see what results I come up with... probably won't be videos as I'm uploading other things at the moment. That one I just happened to be down near the goalline in a game where I was testing some other things so I figured I'd test that real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Initial impression is that all designed fade routes will still have the WR jumping. There do appear to be some new animations that may be triggered in doing so, but still yet, they will leave their feet.

That said, I tested running an outside slant with a wide-side receiver when on the hash and it appears as though you kind of can pull of what you're talking about. You have to lob it right off the bat but I think it is very close to what you're looking for. It also seems to work from the PAT line in the middle of the field. Not sure if it's the same as it was in NCAA11 or not.

gschwendt,

not sure if you saw my request earlier, can you check to see if we can flip the play in the audible set screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan View Post
    gschwendt,

not sure if you saw my request earlier, can you check to see if we can flip the play in the audible set screen?
    Doesn't look like it.

Thanks G, thats about like what I was seeing in 11. But I think of a fade as a "Jump Ball" where my big receiver gets out there and go gets the ball

well dammit... I simply can't fathom why the haven't put it in. really messes up how you use your user audibles.

Thanks for checking...

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Initial impression is that all designed fade routes will still have the WR jumping. There do appear to be some new animations that may be triggered in doing so, but still yet, they will leave their feet.

That said, I tested running an outside slant with a wide-side receiver when on the hash and it appears as though you kind of can pull of what you're talking about. You have to lob it right off the bat but I think it is very close to what you're looking for. It also seems to work from the PAT line in the middle of the field. Not sure if it's the same as it was in NCAA11 or not.
    Interesting. Thanks for doing the research on that Tommy. Might have to take that into consideration and practice it some to see if I can perfect it as it's one of those things that I think would be nearly unstoppable with the right QB/WR combo.