Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Playbook Questions

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Playbook Questions

Post your NCAA Football 12 playbook questions in this thread.

However, before posting please review the thread to see if your question (or one similar) has already been asked and/or answered.

Not sure if this is the right category, but my questions don't really fit in any other categories.

Please answer me these questions three:

1) I'm a one back fiend. Are there any new Ace formations this year? I've seen footage of Ace Slot Y Flex, which is definitely new, and the custom playbooks video showed a formation called Ace Panther Trips. Can you tell me if there are any other new Ace forms? And can you confirm if Ace Panther Trips is in the game (if yes, a screen shot would be awesome).

2) I'm hoping my favorite 3rd-and-short play is still in the game this year. It's Ace Big Wing PA Boot Slide. Please confirm if it's there.

3) In NCAA 11, some teams had "hidden" plays/formations, such as South Carolina's Ace Big formation, which had Emory & Henry plays hidden in the back. Can we take these "hidden" plays/formations in custom playbooks this year? Specifically, can we choose Emory & Henry plays in Ace Big?

Quote Originally Posted by Unconquered View Post
    Not sure if this is the right category, but my questions don't really fit in any other categories.

Please answer me these questions three:

1) I'm a one back fiend. Are there any new Ace formations this year? I've seen footage of Ace Slot Y Flex, which is definitely new, and the custom playbooks video showed a formation called Ace Panther Trips. Can you tell me if there are any other new Ace forms? And can you confirm if Ace Panther Trips is in the game (if yes, a screen shot would be awesome).
    There are two plays: Y Over Fly Sweep and Y Over Dive

2) I'm hoping my favorite 3rd-and-short play is still in the game this year. It's Ace Big Wing PA Boot Slide. Please confirm if it's there.
    This is in the game

3) In NCAA 11, some teams had "hidden" plays/formations, such as South Carolina's Ace Big formation, which had Emory & Henry plays hidden in the back. Can we take these "hidden" plays/formations in custom playbooks this year? Specifically, can we choose Emory & Henry plays in Ace Big?
    Still searching

Thanks Oneback, but I think you misunderstood my first question (or maybe I wasn't clear).

What I want to know is this: Are there new Ace formations in the game? Is Ace Panther Trips one of the new formations? And if so, what does Ace Panther Trips look like?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer. I'm relieved that my Ace Big Wing PA Boot Slide is there. That play has such a nice flow ...

Thanks Oneback, but I think you misunderstood my first question (or maybe I wasn't clear).

What I want to know is this: Are there new Ace formations in the game? Is Ace Panther Trips one of the new formations? And if so, what does Ace Panther Trips look like?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer. I'm relieved that my Ace Big Wing PA Boot Slide is there. That play has such a nice flow ...
    I noticed right after I posted that I was replying to another question. I'll get that one covered here in a sec.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Does the theory of taking out plays that you don't want to be formation audibles and it replacing them with relatively like plays work? Messin' around with it, what happens if you don't choose a run play at all? Does it choose a pass play for the run audible instead?

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Does the theory of taking out plays that you don't want to be formation audibles and it replacing them with relatively like plays work? Messin' around with it, what happens if you don't choose a run play at all? Does it choose a pass play for the run audible instead?
    Haven't totally got my head around the entire thing but so far here are some thoughts on it.

1) If you don't have a run play in your formation, you won't have a "down" formation audible
    2) If you don't have a play that the game considers a quick pass, you won't have a "up" formation audible (obviously same applies for PA & Deep Pass in general)
    3) Strangely had a Strong I - Normal Corners Strike considered as a PA... had several plays I thought would be deep passes and none of them were picked up for the "right" formation audible.
    4) The theory of removing all running plays except for the one you want as your "down" formation audible, saving your playbook, then reloading and adding run plays back will not work.
    To test the theory, I removed all run plays from Strong I Normal except FB Dive. Saved, went to practice to test, FB Dive was "down" formation audible. Went back into playbook, added in HB Toss (so as not to confuse it with the default down audible, HB Dive). Saved it, went back to the practice field and HB Toss was now my new "down" formation audible.

Like I said... still trying to get my head wrapped completely around it but best I can tell you won't necessarily be able to "customize" your formation audibles like some had hoped. Obviously you'll still have formation audibles so long as you have a play that matches the criteria, just not any customization in my experience so far.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Haven't totally got my head around the entire thing but so far here are some thoughts on it.

1) If you don't have a run play in your formation, you won't have a "down" formation audible
    2) If you don't have a play that the game considers a quick pass, you won't have a "up" formation audible (obviously same applies for PA & Deep Pass in general)
    3) Strangely had a Strong I - Normal Corners Strike considered as a PA... had several plays I thought would be deep passes and none of them were picked up for the "right" formation audible.
    4) The theory of removing all running plays except for the one you want as your "down" formation audible, saving your playbook, then reloading and adding run plays back will not work.
    To test the theory, I removed all run plays from Strong I Normal except FB Dive. Saved, went to practice to test, FB Dive was "down" formation audible. Went back into playbook, added in HB Toss (so as not to confuse it with the default down audible, HB Dive). Saved it, went back to the practice field and HB Toss was now my new "down" formation audible.

Like I said... still trying to get my head wrapped completely around it but best I can tell you won't necessarily be able to "customize" your formation audibles like some had hoped. Obviously you'll still have formation audibles so long as you have a play that matches the criteria, just not any customization in my experience so far.
    Thanks a lot for doing that Tommy. Appreciate you takin' the time to do that man. It's unfortunate that it doesn't let you completely customize it, but it will still do what I want it to do by letting me, theoretically, change what I have for my PA Pass and Deep Pass setup besides the same old shit that they use for 75% of the formations by taking out those shitty plays to begin with.

The game's changing of the formation audible to HB Toss suggests that there's some kind of hierarchy for which plays are designated as formation audibles (with some not included in the hierarchy at all because they don't meet the basic criteria). Like, for running plays, it could be something like HB Dive > HB Slash > HB Blast > HB Toss > FB Dive, etc. For the deep pass form aud, the hierarchy might be something like 4 Verts > Deep Cross > Double Post, but Quick Slants would not be in the hierarchy at all for deep pass and thus could never be a deep pass form aud. Am I making sense?

Quote Originally Posted by jwallace0317 View Post
    The game's changing of the formation audible to HB Toss suggests that there's some kind of hierarchy for which plays are designated as formation audibles (with some not included in the hierarchy at all because they don't meet the basic criteria). Like, for running plays, it could be something like HB Dive > HB Slash > HB Blast > HB Toss > FB Dive, etc. For the deep pass form aud, the hierarchy might be something like 4 Verts > Deep Cross > Double Post, but Quick Slants would not be in the hierarchy at all for deep pass and thus could never be a deep pass form aud. Am I making sense?
    Yeah... that makes sense from my experience so far.

Another theory possible: the position of the play in the playbook in relation to other like plays. This stuff is crazy. EA's been pretty transparent about everything with custom playbooks, so I'm not sure why someone can't just explain specifically what the CPU's logic is for this.

-Is the inverted veer in the game?
    -Does the fly sweep that EA told us would be in the Weak I formation Y over, have constraint plays with it.
    -Would it be possible for somebody to make a walkthrough video of the Auburn, Wisconsin, and Oklahoma State Playbooks?

- I liked what you guys did with the playbook videos last year. With that said, will there be a video of all the formations/plays since custom playbooks are in the game this year? (specifically in the custom playbook screen)
    - How many formations are their with a TE/FB in the backfield in the shotgun? (Wing Offset/Normal Flex Wing-type of sets)

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
    - I liked what you guys did with the playbook videos last year. With that said, will there be a video of all the formations/plays since custom playbooks are in the game this year? (specifically in the custom playbook screen)
    We actually didn't put together the videos for playbooks last year... I did put together the spreadsheet of all playbooks though. That said, I don't know what I'll be doing in terms of that this year since as you mentioned, custom playbooks are already in the game. I may put together a video of scrolling through every play available through the custom playbooks... but that likely will be considerably closer to release if not after.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
    - How many formations are their with a TE/FB in the backfield in the shotgun? (Wing Offset/Normal Flex Wing-type of sets)
    Also with the 2nd question that I had, can you name them (if possible)?

-What is the breakdown of UC/SG formations in the USC playbook?
    -How many plays are in the "Diamond" formation?

Thanks!

Do the option playbooks have any new looks to them? I know Army used a unique version of the flexbone in real life last year. Looked almost like the wing T.
    at :24 second it slows down:

Quote Originally Posted by Gator3guy View Post
    Do the option playbooks have any new looks to them? I know Army used a unique version of the flexbone in real life last year. Looked almost like the wing T. at :24 second it slows down:
    Talking with the Playbook Guy for EA (Anthony White), he mentioned that they don't have the Army offense in the game this year since they received a good footage to work with too late in the year. However, that said, he did say that it was from that specific game (Army at Rutgers) and he sounded confident that it would be available in next year's title.

Talking with the Playbook Guy for EA (Anthony White), he mentioned that they don't have the Army offense in the game this year since they received a good footage to work with too late in the year. However, that said, he did say that it was from that specific game (Army at Rutgers) and he sounded confident that it would be available in next year's title.
    Alright thanks for the heads up.

I'm wondering if they added any power designed QB runs. Saw a few more teams running that type of thing last year, out of shotgun, where the RB leads and teams were pulling guards or sticking TEs over to the run side........kinda recall that UF playbook had something similar in the past, but hardly any other playbooks had something like that and I think it was only out of that Gator formation or whatever it was.