Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Travis View Post
    I'm glad someone else is noticing the deep zone problem, as I thought I was taking crazy pills there for a minute. Might want to check out the pistol read options as well, as it is impossible to give to the HB on the "read option" from some of the formations (though some claim to be able to do it, so who knows... I tried it 20+ times and was never able to give, no matter what I tried).
    That's fixed in retail. I experienced the same issue in the demo but in retail I was able to successfully hand off and had fair success with it as well (granted all in practice mode).

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Travis, do you know this forum is for the retail version of the game?

Yes, which is why I was responding to things I saw in the video of the retail version of the game. As an aside, I also mentioned a couple of problems that were prevalent in the demo, since some of the others (BDV) seemed to carry over from the demo to retail version. Is this not the appropriate place to ask about whether or not the pistol zone reads are broken in the retail version?
    Last edited by THE Travis; 06-30-2011 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    That's fixed in retail. I experienced the same issue in the demo but in retail I was able to successfully hand off and had fair success with it as well (granted all in practice mode).
    Cool, thanks for checking.

Travis, I think you missed a post: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...ll=1#post74692

Retail questions do go here.

Quote Originally Posted by jwallace0317 View Post
    A couple gameplay bugs in the demo, wanted to know if they were fixed in the retail version. Apologies if this was already answered somewhere.

1. In the demo, you cannot flip an offensive play or audible to a different play until all players are finished lining up and are set. In NCAA 11 and past versions of the game, you can flip or audible immediately after breaking the huddle (or, in no-huddle, immediately after you've called a play).

2. Couldn't get an intentional grounding flag in the demo, no matter how hard I tried to trigger one.
    Guys, let me know if my post above is appropriate here (I'm essentially asking if these are still issues in the retail version), or if I need to post somewhere else. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Travis, I think you missed a post: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...ll=1#post74692

Retail questions do go here.
    I saw it, I just forgot to quote his post in my response. It's all good.

Guys, let me know if my post above is appropriate here (I'm essentially asking if these are still issues in the retail version), or if I need to post somewhere else. Thanks.
    Those are fine to ask, I'll just have to check on them later this evening since I didn't check on either of those yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Travis View Post
    Cool, I appreciate the response. From what I've seen on the read options (at least in the demo) if the DE takes the dive, he will also get the QB for a loss if he keeps it (on the BDV plays). If the DE stays home, the play works overly well whether you keep or give. Simply put, the blocking does not match the backfield action on those "read option" plays from hb weak formations. The problem is more readily apparent on the shotgun weak formations where the hb takes an outside path and the QB will run to the same side as the HB.

I'm glad someone else is noticing the deep zone problem, as I thought I was taking crazy pills there for a minute. Might want to check out the pistol read options as well, as it is impossible to give to the HB on the "read option" from some of the formations (though some claim to be able to do it, so who knows... I tried it 20+ times and was never able to give, no matter what I tried).
    These plays are something I was planning on going over tonight. I've confirmed that the inverted veer and midline are not in the game. Once I get a chance to go through them I'll be able to give more information and pass the info onto the devs.

Like gschwendt stated even with as much time we had with the game this year its impossible to touch everything especially when you factor in we are basically trying to change a tire while the car is moving in a lot of cases. While we are in the studio the build changes from day to day and in some cases could change from morning to afternoon. In those cases the first thing all of us would do is check to make sure everything was implemented correctly suggest tweaks if needed then go back to checking other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    its impossible to touch everything especially when you factor in we are basically trying to change a tire while the car is moving in a lot of cases. While we are in the studio the build changes from day to day and in some cases could change from morning to afternoon.
    Very good point, Mike. It's something the community just doesn't understand. It's not like we've been sitting around playing the retail game since January. If people saw what we saw at various stages, it'd make things clearer for them. Unfortunately, they don't.

Another thing that, generally, escapes the community's grasp is that every tweak can have a negative impact somewhere else. It's a very delicate balancing act to try to get everything to react properly in every situation.

After looking at JB's apple cup videos thekickoff and punt returns look great. The lanes are there and the possibilities for returns definitely exist now and it look much better than the demo in a good way. I pray to god they keep it the way it is because I really want there to be a return game this year as opposed to the non-existant one we had last year. It looks really good right now!!

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantera1968 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread but this question didn't seem to fall into any of the categories clearly. For years my 2 brothers and I have played co-op where all three of us play on the same team (even back to the PS2 days where we would drive all over trying to find a multi-tap). When I fired up the demo, multi-player co-op was not available. Please, please, PLEASE tell me that this is only for the demo and that multi-player co-op will be available in the retail version!
    Has anyone had a chance to check this out? I'm talking about 3 players, same console in an offline dynasty.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera1968 View Post
    Has anyone had a chance to check this out? I'm talking about 3 players, same console in an offline dynasty.

Thanks!
    I'll try to check that this evening for you but I would expect it would be the same as it was in NCAA11.

on defense- what kind of timing do you need to swat ball with L1 button?

do you have to time it or is like a ps2 past version where you could keep L1 pressed and he wouldnt jump till the ball got there...? any other new nuance about swating this year ?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    on defense- what kind of timing do you need to swat ball with L1 button?

do you have to time it or is like a ps2 past version where you could keep L1 pressed and he wouldnt jump till the ball got there...? any other new nuance about swating this year ?
    It's basically the same as it was on NCAA11 but in case you weren't aware, you can hold it down and it will time the swat for you.

It's basically the same as it was on NCAA11 but in case you weren't aware, you can hold it down and it will time the swat for you.
    well, thats cool, of course, but I did ask because in the demo, it didnt seem responsive or my timing was off etc...it may be the only thing that keeps me from looking really bad in games haha

I apologize to whoever asked the question as I've lost where it was asked, but the defensive assist (/) is in the game this year.

A couple gameplay bugs in the demo, wanted to know if they were fixed in the retail version. Apologies if this was already answered somewhere.

1. In the demo, you cannot flip an offensive play or audible to a different play until all players are finished lining up and are set. In NCAA 11 and past versions of the game, you can flip or audible immediately after breaking the huddle (or, in no-huddle, immediately after you've called a play).

2. Couldn't get an intentional grounding flag in the demo, no matter how hard I tried to trigger one.
    1. It appears as though you cannot flip the play as the team is approaching the line. Oddly, you can call it once (but they don't flip) but after that, pressing doesn't respond until you get to the line. I'll try to keep testing this but right now I'd say it's probably the same as is in the demo.
    2. This does appear to be a bug... snapped the ball and immediately pressed and no flag was thrown.

I'm going to pass #2 along to the devs, I'll wait until I have more research for #1.
    Last edited by gschwendt; 06-30-2011 at 05:55 PM.

2. This does appear to be a bug... snapped the ball and immediately pressed and no flag was thrown.

I'm going to pass #2 along to the devs, I'll wait until I have more research for #1.
    On second thought... I just called hail mary and a shotgun play, waited a second or two, then threw it away and intentional grounding was caused. I then went back and tested an under center play and no penalty was called. I'm starting to think that it may be happening only on under center plays. Let me know if you find the same thing in the demo or not.

Have you noticed if the pancake bug has been fixed? Also have users been able to record 1/2 sacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Geauxlden View Post
    Have you noticed if the pancake bug has been fixed? Also have users been able to record 1/2 sacks?
    I have had 0.5 sacks, yes. With pancakes, if you are asking if entire defensive lines are being demolished at the snap, no, they are not. If you're asking about stat-tracking, I only checked once and it appeared to be the same as NCAA 11.