Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Demo - Share Your Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    5 for 5 on opening kickoffs returned for a touchdown.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, when the video screen comes onto the screen, showing the end of quarter score at the bottom with the highlights and what not going on. Yeah, that's when it slows way down and gets to the point that it's almost like it's laggy in speed.
    At least in the video screen, I believe that slowdown is by design. As for the whole overlay....not sure. I'll try and notice that on retail tomorrow and see how it is.

For the players who run a variation of the spread option attack like I do, the "Offset HB Power O" play from Shotgun Twin TE is crazy good.

Also, just ran a read option with Oregon, kept it, followed Jame up the middle for a 30 yd TD untouched. Great blocking, this is the type of blocking/read success that is needed.
    Last edited by xMrHitStickx904; 06-28-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, when the video screen comes onto the screen, showing the end of quarter score at the bottom with the highlights and what not going on. Yeah, that's when it slows way down and gets to the point that it's almost like it's laggy in speed.
    yea noticed this also, and when it showed the game track it had no players just a ball dancing around.

1st game I took oregon, missed a FG Texas hit a FG late and I returned the kickoff 99yrds for a td to win 7-3

2nd - Trent Richardson LIT me up, had over 100 in the first half.

All games were played on Hiesman. Did notice that with :30 left in the game that Texas decides to run the ball instead of throwing it down field to maybe go for the win.

My 2nd half of the Oregon/Texas game.

seems to me..if you try to be a blocker on receiving team on a kick off and let the AI catch the ball it hits his helmet and bounces away

Damnit internet, why did you just have to go down for 2 hours and now run pitifully slow.

Best demo I've played so far....some of the plays I gave to EA are in Ace wing trio in Bama's playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    seems to me..if you try to be a blocker on receiving team on a kick off and let the AI catch the ball it hits his helmet and bounces away
    I have had a similar problem only my guy never even tries to catch it and it goes right over his head. He is standing inside the circle too.

If you check out my video, you'll see the one Texas HB breaks through my line, and runs all the way to the sideline, don't if this was to run out the clock much like DeSean Jackson did during that punt return against the Giants.

Yes! Texas just missed a 33 yard field goal. That used to be 100% guaranteed money distance in NCAA 11.

heisman- O line blocking still plays pretty dumb

Just realized you can change your package from the play select screen

this is just a demo,..but the halftime animations of players and mascots seem rather pointless

First Game:
    Oregon (me) -7
    Texas -0

-Had 2 missed FGs & the CPU missed one too. Didn't feel cheap, it was actually nice to see.

-Anyone had the QB just turn & fire the ball out of bounds right away? Happened to me twice.

-Noticed the issue where the DE clobbers the QB even when the right keep read is made but also had a couple really nice zone read plays (both gives and keeps). I'll send a video in to the devs if this issue persist in the retail copy tomorrow.

-Game plays nice, looking forward to seeing how it differs from the retail version.

you try to hot route an offensive lineman to go straight forward and you still get that encroachment call.

Well my initial reactions are good. The game looks absolutely amazing. The players on the field with that new lighting/rendering tech just look sick! The grass on the field is also a major improvement to how the game looks while playing. Now for the actual gameplay. I like it. It is hard to get a good feel for it with 2 Min QTR's because I usually play 8 MIN QTR's in my DYN but I did enjoy my hurry up offense.

I do have some concerns though.

The first thing I noticed was how easy it was to get a sack. My first game I played was Oregon @ Texas as the Ducks. Towards the end of the game we were tied 7-7 and they had the ball on my 40 yd line. I was a little worried they would be able to kick a game winning field goal but then boom, boom, boom three sacks in a row. Now they are on their 40 and punting.

Don't get me wrong I thought it was hard to get any kind of pressure in NCAA Football 11 and sacks were a rare occurrence (for me anyways) but now it almost seems too easy. Not only talking about user controlled players either but the computer A.I. bookend DE always gets in and gets sacks for me. Do they seem to happen too much for you as well?

Basically I like the "pressure" but I'de like to see the QB throw the ball away or scramble, Be aware of the pressure and not always take the sack. I didn't have much trouble with computer getting pressure on me but it felt like my Oregon DE's were like Julius Peppers and Jared Allen playing against the college boys.

Other than that I don't think I had any problems. I played on All American difficulty and felt that overall the game wasn't too hard or too easy. I tried to focus on running and I did have some good runs but also some run stuffs, like for example first play of the game I ran with LaMichael James to the left and as soon as I got to the line of scrimmage I got blasted by a free linebacker and fumbled. I could of spun or juked but it was like right away and my reactions are not the best I guess. It was awesome though. He just got jacked up and it was my "Welcome to the new NCAA" moment for me.

Good job Ben Haumiller and the rest of the team at EA, the game is great.
    Last edited by Cipher 8; 06-28-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    -Game plays nice, looking forward to seeing how it differs from the retail version.
    I'm looking forward to your guys coverage on the full game. I realize this demo is not the same as the retail game, though it's close, so hopefully sacks will not be so frequent and the A.I. QB's will have the QB sense of pressure.

I'de just hate to see stats like where users have 43 Sacks by one player at seasons end and the rest of the computer controlled teams don't even have one player with 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    -Anyone had the QB just turn & fire the ball out of bounds right away? Happened to me twice.
    I have seen this and so has a friend of mine.

tackles still let DEs pass by unmolested for no rhyme or reason