Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: "Coach Mode" Xbox 360 OD anyone?

• Facebook
  • Display
    I've always played coach mode and love the idea of actually being the coach and dealing with depth charts, recruiting and playbooks to put my players in the best possible position to be successful. Plus it's much more of a challenge than controlling the players possibly taking advantage of some AI flaw like some thumb jockeys do.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-sliders.html

Great thread featuring youALREADYknow's version of coach mode for NCAA 11. If you would, read each of his posts throughout - some great points and ideas about sliders, house rules, and other things to consider. I realize NCAA 12 will be different but we could use this as a template for ours or at least get some good ideas.

I tried this system and barring a couple minor things that could be tweaked, it played out in a very realistic fashion. Best Coach mode I've played yet.

Also, what's the general consensus on using named rosters? My opinion is that they'd be okay to use as long as only the player names were altered. No changes (appearance, jersey numbers, stats) to the original game roster. Just names.

Yep I'm very familiar, yAk and I were in a private OD with just him and I. It was a lot of fun.

We certainly won't make any changes to the roster, and unless we want to wait we may not even have names unless we make them auto-named, or maybe, I can't remember but I think maybe we can name our rosters once we start the OD

I'd honestly rather not do our own naming and certainly not auto-naming. Either a universal roster file or none at all IMO. I'd rather have no names than fake names.

fine with me, we'll figure it out as a league when the time comes

Just getting some of my thoughts out...

Not too familiar with OD's honestly but I hope there's a way to prevent people from restarting their User VS CPU games until they win. Unless it's an extreme circumstance (having console mess up, power outage) I believe that shouldn't be allowed. At most, one or two restarts a season - if that.

Coach mode is for mature players so I'd hope that no one in this league would do that. I'd hope that if you lose you lose, we'll address restarts if they become an issue certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Kernzy View Post
    Yep I'm very familiar, yAk and I were in a private OD with just him and I. It was a lot of fun.
    That's awesome . Looking forward to seeing what we all can come up with. Glad to have you at the helm, CK.

We are all in this together and it should be fun for everyone so I don't see myself as at the helm. We'll all work things out together and hopefully the game will allow us to have a long and fun coaching career.

I've long been strictly a coach mode player since the old days of NCAA on last-gen consoles.

Just gauging interest here for a strictly coach mode OD.
    You know....if this is lesiurely paced....I might give it a shot if you have room....

I have never played coach mode before, but I am very interested in at least giving it a whirl.

We'd love to have you JBHuskers, would be great to have an esteemed admin at TGT be in the league

It will certainly be as leisurely as possible but not so much that guys lose interest.

We'd love to have you JBHuskers, would be great to have an esteemed admin at TGT be in the league
    Awww shucks

Count me in.

Sweet, pick a team from the bottom of page 1 of this thread and we'll make it official.

Time to start thinking about picking teams I think so we can get some info on them before release.
    Here is a list of all the 1 star teams.

Memphis CUSA
    Tulane CUSA
    UAB CUSA
    Army IND
    Akron MAC
    E Michigan MAC
    Kent St MAC
    W Michigan MAC
    New Mexico MWC
    Washington St P12
    Arkansas State SB
    FAU SB
    FIU SB
    Louisiana SB
    Middle Tenn SB
    North Texas SB
    ULM SB
    W Kentucky SB
    Idaho WAC
    N Mexico St WAC
    San Jose St WAC
    Utah St WAC
    I'll get beat up in the new Pac 12 with Washington State.

Good deal, that'll be fun, i thought about that myself but figured I'd start small and work my way up rather than starting big, and working my way down LOL
    Love a challenge but that'll be a tough road for sure.

Good deal, that'll be fun, i thought about that myself but figured I'd start small and work my way up rather than starting big, and working my way down LOL
    Love a challenge but that'll be a tough road for sure.
    I'm starting in small conferences in a couple dynasties already so I figure taking over a at a power conference could change that up a bit for me.

Yeah that'll be pretty damn fun with Washington St. They do have a pretty good offense with good QB and WRs, not sure aobut the D though.