Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Passing Game in NCAA '11

• Facebook
  • Display
    I must really suck because passing has NEVER been easy for me. Running the ball has always been my saving grace.

I don't think you will ever see enough near misses on passes with WRs stretching out for balls and glancing off finger tips until the warping is truly gone. The ball is either dropped in the game, way off target, or an animation kicks in to show the catch and that sometimes requires the receiver to warp to the ball. I don't see warping all the time but it should never exist. Instead of that WR warping to the ball, show them dive for a ball and either catch the ball or have the ball go off their fingertips. There are many instances in real life where a WR catches a ball but has to go to the ground to do so and gets zero YAC. I'd like to see that more often.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I don't think you will ever see enough near misses on passes with WRs stretching out for balls and glancing off finger tips until the warping is truly gone. The ball is either dropped in the game, way off target, or an animation kicks in to show the catch and that sometimes requires the receiver to warp to the ball. I don't see warping all the time but it should never exist. Instead of that WR warping to the ball, show them dive for a ball and either catch the ball or have the ball go off their fingertips. There are many instances in real life where a WR catches a ball but has to go to the ground to do so and gets zero YAC. I'd like to see that more often.
    I definitely never saw that in '11's demo. I think the warping to the ball has been fixed. Instead of the receiver warping to catch the ball, they'd reach out trying to get to it and stumble as the ball was overthrown.

You haven't seen the warping in the demo? I've seen it a few times. Can't remember the difficulty level but I have seen it.

Definitely more of a range of missed throws this year. Have seen several 'short' passes that weren't tipped or anything. Just in the dirt. Seen other passes be just out of reach or overthrown. It's definitely getting better in this area.

The major issue I see in the realism facet of the passing game is the defense doesn't 'move' the way the offense now does. DB's don't swivel correctly when a wr is about to run by, or plant and break on the ball the way they should. LB's don't slide or cross step to make up ground when there's no-one in their zone, and S's don't defend the deep zones early enough. Little things like movement would take the passing game to the next level imo. It would make it realistic to find wr's based on how the defender, which the user is reading, reacts in his movement. Did he jump the route, or bite on a route fake? Did he turn his hips or will your wr have a legit step? Also this stuff will make a difference in reading the field, because you'll have to zero in on certain movements of defenders and not just react to 'areas' on the field based on a feel of improper defensive spacing. That would 'act' as a vision cone I think more than anything.

So next year I'd like to see locomotion and mo-caps focused more on defensive movement than offensive movement. Now that wr's don't 'skip and warp', it will be much mo' betta this year.