Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1252

Thread: TV Shows Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Hannibal canceled by NBC.

I kinda figured it would be cancelled. It flirted with cancellation last season. I'm hoping it finds a new home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The show is too smart for the average NBC viewer and/or executive. I would be thrilled to see it go cable or other service to see the show without the constrains of being on a network. Personally I would just say fuck it and let Hannibal team up with Alice Morgan from Luther.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Hannibal is the best show on TV right now. How they are able to air this on network TV is amazing. Season 3 has been a little artsy fartsy but the last preview shows it is getting ready to erupt. Purchased season 3 of Orphan Black a while back and have been waiting for the last episode to run before starting it. Currently watching Orange is the new black and this has been a pretty poor season compared to the first two.
    Orphan Black has been crazy this season. Not quite as crazy as the first two seasons, but pretty close. Tatiana has been amazing (as always) with her acting.

Needless to say, I also purchased Season 3 as it has been airing. Couldn't wait a year for Amazon Prime.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Orphan Black has been crazy this season. Not quite as crazy as the first two seasons, but pretty close. Tatiana has been amazing (as always) with her acting.

Needless to say, I also purchased Season 3 as it has been airing. Couldn't wait a year for Amazon Prime.
    Only watched the first episode so far and it is still up there in my top shows. Tatiana has blown me away for two seasons. Some of the best acting I have seen. Deserves an Emmy for playing a clone, having to pretend to be one of the other clones, while playing that clone too. Whoever she is dating is a really lucky guy if she brings her work home with her.

TV Shows Thread

Been trying to get into the new sense8 season on netflix. So far it hasn't hooked me. Anyone watching/watched this?

Last edited by Marlowe; 06-24-2015 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Been trying to get into the new sense8 season on netflix. So far it hasn't hooked me. Anyone watching/watched this?

I watched it... it's OK but nothing great. Right now, with all of the stories competing for time, it's hard to have any one story hook you. I'll probably try it again when it returns for season 2, but it wouldn't be sole reason to have netflix.

Anyone watched the premiere of Ballers on HBO? I thought it was ok. Definitely a "here are the characters" episode.

I was interested in checking it out if I still subscribed to HBO

TV Shows Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I watched it... it's OK but nothing great. Right now, with all of the stories competing for time, it's hard to have any one story hook you. I'll probably try it again when it returns for season 2, but it wouldn't be sole reason to have netflix.
    I see. Yeah the multiple storylines are definitely a weak point. I'll have to go back and rewatch the first ep. Man Daryl Hannah did not age well. Too much plastic surgery.

Last edited by Marlowe; 06-25-2015 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Only watched the first episode so far and it is still up there in my top shows. Tatiana has blown me away for two seasons. Some of the best acting I have seen. Deserves an Emmy for playing a clone, having to pretend to be one of the other clones, while playing that clone too. Whoever she is dating is a really lucky guy if she brings her work home with her.
    You'll get even more of that later in the season. Plus with Mark and his boys there's even more great acting.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Thought it would suck but I actually enjoyed ZOO. Don't see it lasting more than one summer but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Thought it would suck but I actually enjoyed ZOO. Don't see it lasting more than one summer but who knows?
    Yeah, that will fall into the binge watching category sometime. Looks interesting.
    The dude abides.

I'm a huge Denis Leary fan, and excited for this one...

The dude abides.

For those wanting something a little different, check out "Rake" on Netflix. Part comedy, part drama and a bunch of hot Aussies chicks. Lead character from Wentworth plays a major role in this. This is not the turd American version with Greg Kinnear. This is the far superior Aussie version. Still waiting for Netflix to add the third season but there is plenty to keep you busy.

http://www.netflix.com/title/70301553

Also recommend Peaky Blinders and Broadchurch if you are into British Drama/Crome shows.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 07-04-2015 at 09:08 AM.

Not sure why, I guess I just wasn't interested at the time, but I never got into Seinfeld. Even when it was on Netflix. I started from the beginning on Hulu just having it in the background on my laptop while I work, and am almost through the 3rd season already.
    The dude abides.

Looking forward to the return of The Strain. I actually read all three books this summer. The book is pretty different from the show thus far. I wonder who close they will stay to the story this season?

http://youtu.be/loOgfXNs-VI

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Those shows are tricky. Like Terra Nova, it was pretty good, but costly. You almost have to have an astronomical rating to keep afloat. Especially on network.
    The dude abides.