Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1252

Thread: TV Shows Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    If you call out Bang Bus, you mean business.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    If I type Bang Bus, I mean business.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/07/01/tnt-sweeps-second-quarter-as-the-last-ship-premiere-climbs-to-7-2-million-viewers-in-live-3/278687/?utm_campaign=WP%20>%20Twitter&utm_medium=twitter& utm_source=twitter

Good news for the back to back Sunday dramas of The Last Ship and Falling Skies. Increased viewership this week. People must have just forgotten the Falling Skies was back as it was it's worst season debut, but jumped up pretty good in week two. I'm digging it so far.

(damn hyperlinks are not working for me )
    The dude abides.

I am all caught up on Falling Skies, minus last night's season debut.

Lol didn't know this was back on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Lol didn't know this was back on!!!
    I think that is why their season debut was the worst, but they rebounded this week
    The dude abides.

Anyone watch the premiere of The Leftovers on HBO? I think it's going to be a very interesting show

Not yet, I always wait to see if a new show gets renewed for a 2nd season before I start watching it.
    Reviews seem mixed on it but it does sound interesting. Being that it's HBO and Lindeloff I'm sure it'll make it into the queue for a 2nd season.

Pretty much just Falling Skies and struggling to power through the final season of True Blood although it's so bad and really hard to watch but I've invested however much time into it already, can't stop now LOL

Enjoyed the 2nd episode of Last Ship

Spoiler: show
    Man I wouldn't trust anyone during this time of crisis. I knew that ship seemed awful strange showing up especially with the one viruologist that is a spy.

Think this show is going to be good

Any of you watching girl meets world with the family? The pilot was alright. Second show got much more like boy meets world.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Enjoyed the 2nd episode of Last Ship

Man I wouldn't trust anyone during this time of crisis. I knew that ship seemed awful strange showing up especially with the one viruologist that is a spy.

Think this show is going to be good
    I watched all three episodes last night. This show caught me completely off guard as I only came upon it because of an ad when I was flipping through the channels. I'm enjoying it but I think it's here for a good time, not a long time as these sci-fi shows have a short shelf-life.

As to episode three
    I thought it was really well done. Those Russians mean business. However in the last few minutes when the Russian captain knew the ship was gone... I think there is one more spy on the Nathan James. Looking forward to episode 4.

Watched The Strain tonight. Overall I really enjoyed it. I'm going to pick up the books in the next few weeks.

Still trying to decide if the strain is worth the time investment. I don't really care for vampires so it's a tough sell. Granted there isn't anything on right now I care to watch. It was interesting watching a GoT cast member make an appearance. Wonder if that means....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to tap out on The Last Ship for now, and wait til it's on Netflix or Amazon. Getting close to doing the same with Defiance. Just hard to keep up with everything
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I watched all three episodes last night. This show caught me completely off guard as I only came upon it because of an ad when I was flipping through the channels. I'm enjoying it but I think it's here for a good time, not a long time as these sci-fi shows have a short shelf-life.

As to episode three
    I thought it was really well done. Those Russians mean business. However in the last few minutes when the Russian captain knew the ship was gone... I think there is one more spy on the Nathan James. Looking forward to episode 4.
    Yeah I think..well hope so as well. I kept seeing the previews months ago while the playoffs were going on and my interest kept growing after seeing the previews of it so much lol. Figured I would like it going in, but tempered my expectations because the shows that interest me tend to not be around long. My wife is actually into it with me, which the only other shows she watches that I enjoy are Hard Knocks and Walking Dead.

I missed episode three due to power being out and it not being able to record to DVR, but I have it set to record tomorrow night as it is being replayed.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Watched The Strain tonight. Overall I really enjoyed it. I'm going to pick up the books in the next few weeks.
    Same thing with the Last Ship, I kept seeing the previews for this and it caught my eye. I missed what I think was the 1st episode but I set it to record the series to see if I like it.

On another note I caught an episode of Falling Skies again. Last time I watched it was not last season but the season before that. I wanted to get into it before the series started but never kept up with it.

I'm going to tap out on The Last Ship for now, and wait til it's on Netflix or Amazon. Getting close to doing the same with Defiance. Just hard to keep up with everything
    Booo

This is pretty damn cool...

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/21/59...t-month-before

FXX is preparing to air the longest marathon in TV history. After acquiring every last episode of The Simpsons last fall for a cool $750 million, the young network is preparing to air all 25 seasons (and the movie) of one of the greatest television shows of all time from August 21st to September 1st.

This means that all 552 episodes of the series will air 24 hours a day, seven days a week for a full week and a half. In addition, Variety reports that FXX will launch the "Simpsons World" digital hub in October, which will allow cable subscribers to watch every episode on demand on their desktops at SimpsonsWorld.com, mobile devices via the FXNow app, and on compatible smart TVs and set-top boxes. All the more reason for cable cutters to consider subscribing to cable sometime.
    The dude abides.

This is pretty damn cool...

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/21/59...t-month-before

FXX is preparing to air the longest marathon in TV history. After acquiring every last episode of The Simpsons last fall for a cool $750 million, the young network is preparing to air all 25 seasons (and the movie) of one of the greatest television shows of all time from August 21st to September 1st.

This means that all 552 episodes of the series will air 24 hours a day, seven days a week for a full week and a half. In addition, Variety reports that FXX will launch the "Simpsons World" digital hub in October, which will allow cable subscribers to watch every episode on demand on their desktops at SimpsonsWorld.com, mobile devices via the FXNow app, and on compatible smart TVs and set-top boxes. All the more reason for cable cutters to consider subscribing to cable sometime.
    This is sweet!!

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    This is sweet!!
    Hell yeah! The ability to access any episode on demand. That's cool.
    The dude abides.

I'm part of the Amazon Preview program for new TV shows.

I hope this one makes it, because 10 minutes in, and it's already badass.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3505668/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Says TV movie, but Amazon says series.
    The dude abides.

Just finished the two seasons of Carnivale. Not really what I was expecting but outside the lack of an ending due to it being cancelled it was enjoyable. I read somewhere HBO cancelled Carnivale, Deadwood and Rome in the same year, while they kept The Entourage on. Someone at HBO should have been fired over that.

Anyone else think the last two episodes of Tosh have been horrible? Not really that funny and very mean-spirited at times, especially last week's Web Redemption. Usually he jokes with and humanizes them in that segment, but last week it seemed like they unnecessarily lambasted and ostracized them. It seems like they either lost or promoted the wrong writer.