Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: TV Shows Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Just finished Orange is the New Black Season 2 and Fargo last night. Both series are top notch but the ending of both were extreme letdowns. I did find the Second season of OITNB and improvement over the first season and I loved the first.

Spoiler: show
    Fargo: Really? You let Colin Hanks take out one of the most evil characters in years? Yesh. Also the lack of a wood-chipper was a downer.

Orange is the New Black: You have all that buildup between Red and Vee and they end it with something just out of left field. We get it, Vee was a very rude person and you thought it would be cute to end it with the running gag. Cue Don't Fear the Reaper for the Cancer patient. It's like they really wanted to use the song and a goodbye for Rosa. So what the heck, let's tailor a completely shit ending for it.

Up Next: True Detective and finishing up Orphan Black with the finale this week.

I started watching season two before season one on Orange Is The New Black my girlfriend and her roommate started watching the first few episodes the other night. I like it.
    The dude abides.

Just finished off two more seasons. Orphan Black Season 2 (Great) True Detective (Good)

Orphan Black Season 2 lived up to the billing even though they really danced around some of the storyline toward the end. Still some of the best acting by Tatiana. A few scenes where she just wowed me having to play multiple clones in unique situations). Finally I get some wow factor in a season finale with two surprises to keep me looking forward to season 3.

True Detective. I think Woody Harrelson did an amazing job in his role. Someone in the makeup department deserves and Emmy for the 1995 version of Martin. Matthew McConaughey kind of left me annoyed with his character. Not the acting itself, that was fine. More like the annoying self-righteous douchebaggery spewed for the majority of the show. Every time Martin would flip off or ask Rust to shut the fuck up, I was right there with him. Not because of his take on religion, his take on everything. Although the last two episodes and especially the very end I found myself not completely wanting to push his character off a bridge, onto a bed of cactus. While I found the end of the final episode somewhat enjoyable, the crime aspect of the show ended very weak. Everything just felt anti-climactic, a cliche of cop drama. Been there done that a thousand times. I am sure the artsy-farts in the crowd would say it was really all about the two detectives, relationships and ramble on to the point where they sound like a stoned 1995 version of Rust. Why the heck even have a single case if you just going to half-ass it in the end? Good show, no more, no less. Now go kill yourself if you disagree (Those who watched the show will understand).

Time to see if I can stand watching vampires and crank up True Blood. If not I think it is time to catch up on my movie backlog on Netflix. Thar be hundreds of shitty indie horror movies that need a watching.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 06-22-2014 at 07:08 AM.

I am all caught up on Falling Skies, minus last night's season debut.

I thought there would be some major deaths at the end of season three. Namely Dan or one of the boys.
    The dude abides.

Watched the Last Ship lastnight.

Been waiting for it, was on vacation last week so thought missed it but turns out last night was the premiere.

Looks like I can get into it, but may be careful all my shows get canned

Ah, forgot that was debuting last night.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Ah, forgot that was debuting last night.
    Same here. But I'm also hesitant about starting new shows. All the shows I actually take an interest in seem to end up canceled after one season or even before the first season is up.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 06-23-2014 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Same here. But I'm also hesitant about starting new shows. All the shoes I actually take an interest in seem to end up canceled after one season or even before the first season is up.

Yep. Vegas and Legit for me recently.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Same here. But I'm also hesitant about starting new shows. All the shows I actually take an interest in seem to end up canceled after one season or even before the first season is up.

haha yep same thing I said

The main girl is pretty hot. I remember her from Hollow Man

If you're a fan of Pawn Stars, there will soon be a game show with the guys where contestants can win some of the shop's items called Pawnography

AMC's most-talked about shows get talk shows about them.

History Channel's Pawn Stars is letting its viewers compete with its pawn-shop stars in trivia games for their prized possessions.

And it's tapped comedian Christopher Titus to host the half-hour game show, Pawnography, which will air its first 10-episode installment, starting at 10 p.m. July 10, Thursdays after episodes of Pawn Stars.

They taped the first season of Pawnography this May in Las Vegas -- soliciting fans 30 and older -- to compete with Rick Harrison, Corey Harrison and Austin "Chumlee" Russell, answering trivia questions for cash and prizes culled from the World Famous Gold & Silver Pawnshop.

"We are thrilled to work with Leftfield Pictures on this exciting and challenging new game show that combines the two elements that make Pawn Stars an absolute fan favorite - history and the fun, family-dynamic between the Harrison's and Chumlee," said Elaine Frontain Bryant, History’s senior VP of programming and development. "This show gives viewers the chance to go head-to-head with the man who knows a little bit about everything, Rick Harrison, and take home treasurable items from the World Famous Gold & Silver Pawnshop."

Harrison spoke about the game show spin-off back in May with the Wall Street Journal.
    The dude abides.

We are starting breaking bad over again

Just watched the season premiere of Falling Skies. Holy hell this is shaping up to be one hell of a season.

I like how the entire direction of the show has changed. Sorta like The Walking Dead with everyone split up, there are so many different things going on. Good to see Cochise hasn't turned his back on the humans. Lexi is sure....interesting. From the season preview it looks like Ben and Maggie hook up It's going to be interesting to see how Matt leads this insurrection against the brainwashers. Tom is acting kinda Batman-like with his motocrossing This season is going to be fun.
    The dude abides.

Watched the series premiere of The Last Ship. Pretty damn good. Curious to see if they can maintain.

I read that this was the worst season debut for Falling Skies. Hopefully people pick back up. It was a great start to the season.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Watched the series premiere of The Last Ship. Pretty damn good. Curious to see if they can maintain.
    I was thinking the same JB.

Initially I was like damn this season/series will be short, hell they already found a way to create the cure haha. How in the world are they suppose to drag it out now I thought.

Then I seen the scenes from the upcoming episodes, it's definitely going to get interesting it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    I was thinking the same JB.

Initially I was like damn this season/series will be short, hell they already found a way to create the cure haha. How in the world are they suppose to drag it out now I thought.

Then I seen the scenes from the upcoming episodes, it's definitely going to get interesting it looks like.
    Didn't take long to find a turncoat.
    The dude abides.

Didn't take long to find a turncoat.
    I thought that virologist was acting awful weird in a few of the scenes. Kept waiting for him to destroy the work somehow

Community resurrected for 6th season on Yahoo according to Variety.

The dude abides.

Dan Harmon, who created “Community,” will exec produce the new episodes.

“I am very pleased that ‘Community’ will be returning for its predestined sixth season on Yahoo,” Harmon said in a statement. “I look forward to bringing our beloved NBC sitcom to a larger audience by moving it online. I vow to dominate our new competition. Rest easy, ‘Big Bang Theory.’ Look out, Bang Bus!”

If you call out Bang Bus, you mean business.

The dude abides.