Thread: TV Shows Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just got done watching the 4th season of Dexter. Waiting on season 5 to start in September. Only other show I usually try and catch (no pun) is River Monsters on Animal Planet.

Re: Falling Skies
    Spoiler: show
    What the fuck, are you kidding me? They can't catch a damn break.

EDIT:
    I knew that since I posted that before the last Act, that a twist was going to happen. I just didn't think it was going to be ... well ... that awesome.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 08-05-2012 at 09:10 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Re: Falling Skies
    What the fuck, are you kidding me? They can't catch a damn break.

EDIT:
    I knew that since I posted that before the last Act, that a twist was going to happen. I just didn't think it was going to be ... well ... that awesome.
    so what happens now?

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    so what happens now?
    I saw something in the season preview so, continue on if you don't mind a legit spoiler ...
    Okay, it's not really much of a spoiler. But the preview implied that there was a big discussion about surrendering vs continuing to fight, and showed Tom Mason taking the podium to convince people to continue to fight. Or something like that. With only two episodes left this season, I figure that moment is basically going to be the end of the season.

For a non-spoiler theory, I'm really interested in the preview for next week ... looked like one of those "some major twist is coming" moments. The implication that the Army is not who we think they are.

This fall FX is going to split into three channels to provide more original series. They want to rival networks by offering up to 25 different original series. I'm all for this. FX has some great shows.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    This fall FX is going to split into three channels to provide more original series. They want to rival networks by offering up to 25 different original series. I'm all for this. FX has some great shows.
    Except the fuckers are killing off Fox Soccer Channel to give FXX a home. That already instantly makes me hate this plan.

Edit: Nevermind, forgot about Fox Sports 1 that is supposed to be launching in August. It appears Fox Soccer's coverage will be shifting to FS1.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 03-29-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Except the fuckers are killing off Fox Soccer Channel to give FXX a home. That already instantly makes me hate this plan.

Edit: Nevermind, forgot about Fox Sports 1 that is supposed to be launching in August. It appears Fox Soccer's coverage will be shifting to FS1.
    Yeah same thing with the SPEED Network.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah same thing with the SPEED Network.
    Yeah, SPEED becomes Fox Sports One and Fox Soccer Channel becomes FXX. Time Warner's gonna have to do some reworking with the channel lineups here in NW Ohio. Right now everything from 1201 to 1209 (FX being 1205) in the HD channel range is taken. Next free channel isn't until 1210. SPEED meanwhile is 1317 and Fox Soccer is 1318.

As long as they keep the soccer around, then I'm fine. Fox Soccer is pretty much the only damn place to watch soccer right now since the douchebags at ESPN air it only once every blue moon. And as long as they don't try to make FXX like Fox Soccer Plus and make you subscribe to it separately. If they're moving The League to it (that and the Americans being about the only FX series that I watch right now) and they try to make it a subscription channel, I'm gonna be pissed.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 03-29-2013 at 11:27 AM.