Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12: Week of E3 Recap

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    E3 is a week earlier this year than it was last year. Not that that means anything significant, but the changed timetable makes it more likely that the demo wouldn't be out until next week at the earliest.

That said, I certainly wouldn't complain if the demo DID come out tomorrow.
    Yeah I remember it being a week later last year. I wouldn't mind if it did either. I, personally, think it's coming out probably next week. I was just saying what I was told from someone else. I really have a strong doubt it comes tomorrow, but it would be a nice little gift lol.

Recruit
    What "leaked info" came out?

I would love for a demo to drop this week, although like you guys, I expect it to happen next week.

I hope one of the questions answered are the amount of members an online dynasty can have. Hopefully it's more than 12. I would be happy with at least 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I hope one of the questions answered are the amount of members an online dynasty can have. Hopefully it's more than 12. I would be happy with at least 16.
    You can still only have 12 members in an Online Dynasty.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    You can still only have 12 members in an Online Dynasty.
    Doh! I must have missed the information, thanks for sharing.

Any idea on why they haven't bumped it up to at least a few more users?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Any idea on why they haven't bumped it up to at least a few more users?
    No... no specific reason. Truthfully though, I imagine the large majority of ODs have less than 12 users currently. It would be nice to have 16 so that they can match to a single power conference.

Recruit
    No... no specific reason. Truthfully though, I imagine the large majority of ODs have less than 12 users currently. It would be nice to have 16 so that they can match to a single power conference.
    I agree, it would have been nice. Oh well, 12 will do. Thanks again.

I suspect that will be the ONLY reason and ONLY time you see them expand the OD user limit. When it 1st came out I had dreams of one day being able to get a group of 120 guys to run one with coaching contracts and the whole bit. Basically, run NCAA __ like real life NCAA football. Unfortunately, it does not appear that will ever get off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I meant that the demo is going to be extremely close to what we get on release day. I'm not factoring in the sequential patches and tuner tweaks. But as for '11, the demo was very close to being the same thing as the final game when it shipped.
    I knew what you meant. I'm saying the difference in 12 because of the increased community day feedback will be night and day from demo to retail, as well as that the demo and final seemed close in 11 for a while, but if you played it for any amount of time you would've realized it wasn't actually all that close. Maybe the patches and tunings had something to do with that though

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I suspect that will be the ONLY reason and ONLY time you see them expand the OD user limit. When it 1st came out I had dreams of one day being able to get a group of 120 guys to run one with coaching contracts and the whole bit. Basically, run NCAA __ like real life NCAA football. Unfortunately, it does not appear that will ever get off the ground.
    That would be quite interesting to say the least..

Getting through the offseason would take days

That's just not even feasible for soooooo many reasons

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    That would be quite interesting to say the least..

Getting through the offseason would take days
    Yeah... the only time they could ever do something like that was if they made it "live" meaning that there were never weeks to advance, never having to wait on anyone else, etc. You just go on and do your stuff whenever you want within that current season. But with that there are HUGE hurdles so I doubt we get to that point anytime.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    That's just not even feasible for soooooo many reasons

I agree. 120 user dynasty. Yikes and yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by iBrandon View Post
    I agree. 120 user dynasty. Yikes and yuck.
    It was hard enough to get games in on Donny Moore's 32-man Online Franchise.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    It was hard enough to get games in on Donny Moore's 32-man Online Franchise.
    We tried a 32 man franchise for Madden 10 and that thing was a nightmare.

less than 30 min until EA press conf... hopefully NCAA will release some stuff after that

Recruit
    Yeah, I am ready for some news. Hopefully demo details and release date are announced as well.

Remember it's an EA overall press conference. Not sure if NCAA 12 will be talked about much or not on-stage.

When League Daddy was big I was in a 120 Team League, you picked three teams and then played out their whole schedule. I remember I went Undefeated with Pitt haha.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Remember it's an EA overall press conference. Not sure if NCAA 12 will be talked about much or not on-stage.
    Is there an EA SPORTS press conferece?

Quote Originally Posted by iBrandon View Post
    Is there an EA SPORTS press conferece?
    It's a combined EA/EA SPORTS presser; there will be more EA SPORTS-specific stuff online after the conference is over though.