Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12: Week of E3 Recap

• Facebook
  • Display
    Some guy I know said on his PS3 it ran across the screen and said that the demo was coming out June 7th

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    It's pretty close. The main thing is it gives them a chance to get some early feedback implemented on the first patch or tuner tweak. Last year's demo was really close to how the final game played, IMO. Some of the really major issues were tweaked on the first patch, too, which was released relatively quickly and ended up at least allowing me to complete a few games online.

That wouldn't have happened if some of the issues prevalent in the demo weren't identified and tweaked.
    It won't be as close this year with all the community days feedback, and I honestly didn't think it was very close last season. I was very dissapointed with the demo last season as I thought it actually would be close to the release, and for a while I thought they were fairly close as you did IOU. But after about a month or two the differences continued to gap from marginal to fairly significant to really significant. The tweaks identified from demo last year that we had to find have probably already been identified with 12 via the extra CD session after demo was finalized.
    I played the demo last year more than ever before and was left unimpressed, yet I still am playing and enjoying 11. In fact I'm definitely not playing the 12 demo until my TSO OD plays and completes its final season, which should begin next week. I dont want to ruin the experience I am having cuz I have a feeling once I touch 12 in any capacity its RIP to 11.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
    Some guy I know said on his PS3 it ran across the screen and said that the demo was coming out June 7th
    Do not tempt me satan!

I mean I wouldn't doubt it since E3 is this week. It'd be great if it did.

I thought the demo last year was pretty decent. I don't think it's fair to call it horrible after the NCAA 10 demo. If you think NCAA 11's demo was horrible, what do you call that train wreck in '10? I couldn't believe how sloppy and buggy that demo was. I'd see the cpu player about to score and then run horizontally down the 5 yard line. The AI was awful. The ball physics on passes were a freaking joke as well. You could launch lasers off your back foot 40 yards down the field with an arm Brett Favre would be jealous to have.

For me, NCAA 10 was the biggest disappointment because it took steps back in certain areas like ball speed for passing and the camera was terrible.

I just watched all of the scrolling text and there was nothing NCAA related. The 'closest' was "COMING JUNE 7, GET THE DEMO NOW" - but that was referencing inFamous 2.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Please, for the love of God, this! Yes, to the devs, and probably to 99% of those who actually play RTG, kicker is worthless as a playable position, but just once, I would love to give RTG a go as a kicker, being called out on the field for the game winning field goal, or the game winning extra point. I want that chance, even if I'm only one of like 10 other people who want it.

Since I highly doubt it's an option this year, Community guys, please add this to your list of things to mention to the developers for next year. Please bring up the idea and topic of making kicker a selectable and playable position in RTG next year.
    It be a worthless position to play(especialy without skill points). But as a person who plays RTG alot, I would love to be put in clutch situations. I know old PS2 Madden had the abilty to play all the position.
    I am hoping for TE being available. It can give a person that doesnt want to play OL and want to block and still catch. I am surprised it is not in

BTW Spike TV is covering E3 starting today at 12 noon ....i'm looking forward to the XBOX show at 12:30

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    It won't be as close this year with all the community days feedback, and I honestly didn't think it was very close last season. I was very dissapointed with the demo last season as I thought it actually would be close to the release, and for a while I thought they were fairly close as you did IOU. But after about a month or two the differences continued to gap from marginal to fairly significant to really significant. The tweaks identified from demo last year that we had to find have probably already been identified with 12 via the extra CD session after demo was finalized.
    I played the demo last year more than ever before and was left unimpressed, yet I still am playing and enjoying 11. In fact I'm definitely not playing the 12 demo until my TSO OD plays and completes its final season, which should begin next week. I dont want to ruin the experience I am having cuz I have a feeling once I touch 12 in any capacity its RIP to 11.

I meant that the demo is going to be extremely close to what we get on release day. I'm not factoring in the sequential patches and tuner tweaks. But as for '11, the demo was very close to being the same thing as the final game when it shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I thought the demo last year was pretty decent. I don't think it's fair to call it horrible after the NCAA 10 demo. If you think NCAA 11's demo was horrible, what do you call that train wreck in '10? I couldn't believe how sloppy and buggy that demo was. I'd see the cpu player about to score and then run horizontally down the 5 yard line. The AI was awful. The ball physics on passes were a freaking joke as well. You could launch lasers off your back foot 40 yards down the field with an arm Brett Favre would be jealous to have.

For me, NCAA 10 was the biggest disappointment because it took steps back in certain areas like ball speed for passing and the camera was terrible.
    The NCAA '11 demo was easily the worst demo ever, simply because of the flaws with pass coverage. I was putting up 70+ points and 700+ yards passing on Heisman in the 8 minute demo. Of course if it weren't for that demo and the fact they were able to tweak it relatively quickly, it might have been an even bigger issue in the final game.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I meant that the demo is going to be extremely close to what we get on release day. I'm not factoring in the sequential patches and tuner tweaks. But as for '11, the demo was very close to being the same thing as the final game when it shipped.

The NCAA '11 demo was easily the worst demo ever, simply because of the flaws with pass coverage. I was putting up 70+ points and 700+ yards passing on Heisman in the 8 minute demo. Of course if it weren't for that demo and the fact they were able to tweak it relatively quickly, it might have been an even bigger issue in the final game.
    Regardless of if the demo lives up to your lofty expectations, at least you can play around with the new tackling engine as well as a taste of any new AI. I don't understand people who wish for the demo to be pushed back?

If you don't want to play it, then don't haha. I for one cannot wait to play the demo and am glad we get one at all.

I don't have lofty expectations - the exact opposite really. I fully expect the game to have issues that make it unplayable, when in reality, all I want is a game that works the way it should.

It has nothing to do with not playing it. It has everything to do with playing it, realizing it has those issues, and realizing I'm going to be without a solid football game for yet another year. If it's even playable, I'll be happy.

I for one thought the NCAA 11 Demo was ok. i played that demo more than I did any other demo. I also noticed a difference in the demo to the final release of the game. I'm excited about this years demo release. I hope they allow us to play around with "Custom Playbooks"

Will the embargo on all NCAA 12 Info be lifted after the EA Sports press conference today?
    I also wanna know whether there will be any upgrades to Teambuilder and if so when the new site launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post

NCAA 10 is by far the worst in the series IMO. I loved NCAA 11. If NCAA 12 is even better, I won't know what to do with myself.

Quote Originally Posted by brza37 View Post
    Will the embargo on all NCAA 12 Info be lifted after the EA Sports press conference today?
    I also wanna know whether there will be any upgrades to Teambuilder and if so when the new site launches.
    Once EA officially releases info on a feature, then we have the green light.

We don't get much access or looks at web stuff at the Community Events, so any and all TeamBuilder news will have to come directly from EA.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    NCAA 10 is by far the worst in the series IMO. I loved NCAA 11. If NCAA 12 is even better, I won't know what to do with myself.
    What about '07 and '08 on 360? They were the first two games designed for next generation and it definitely showed.

New RTG Video just posted on youtube:

Short but sweet. Love the fact that we can play both ways in high school.
    Last edited by JBHuskers; 06-06-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I just watched all of the scrolling text and there was nothing NCAA related. The 'closest' was "COMING JUNE 7, GET THE DEMO NOW" - but that was referencing inFamous 2.
    He saw it a few days ago. Early last week. I was skeptical on it because he may have misread something. But wasn't the demo released last year the day after E3?

But wasn't the demo released last year the day after E3?
    E3 is a week earlier this year than it was last year. Not that that means anything significant, but the changed timetable makes it more likely that the demo wouldn't be out until next week at the earliest.

That said, I certainly wouldn't complain if the demo DID come out tomorrow.

He saw it a few days ago. Early last week. I was skeptical on it because he may have misread something. But wasn't the demo released last year the day after E3?
    Except E3 is an entire week earlier this year than it was last year.

Damn, Paakaa beat me to it.