Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 11 Demo Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    Last matchup is going to be Bama vs Texas. It is only obvious, duh.
    I say a flexbone team vs run and shoot. Smaller schools.

Quote Originally Posted by lilheavy View Post
    I say a flexbone team vs run and shoot. Smaller schools.
    I do believe you'll be right...

Well it's obviously Texas-OU.

What are the odds we get sliders to play with or camera angle options in the demo?

Tomorrow throughout the day more info will be posted about the demo...stay tuned!

Got that from their facebook feed just a few minutes ago

Recruit
    I hope it's a combo of a full game 3 or 5 minute quarters and we can play online.

If we could play online, I would be the happiest man ALIVE.

Recruit
    I don't know why they don't make their demos online.

Demos are meant to give you a taste of what it's like to play the final game. If they allowed online play, it would make the demo size much bigger and would introduce something probably meant to be saved for the final game. Matchmaking, stat tracking, ranking system, etc...all make it much harder to include in the demo. Plus, it's a major feature. It would be like allowing you to play a Dynasty, they just don't want you to be able to do that in a demo.

Recruit
    Shooters allow online play though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I seriously wonder about myself sometimes. I'm 38 yrs old and giddy as a schoolgirl about the demo/game. All the new stuff they've announced has gotten me hyped. I've officially give in...
    36, I hear you loud and clear!

I doubt there's gonna be online, but I do hope they give us a full game to work with though.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    If we could play online, I would be the happiest man ALIVE.
    Quote Originally Posted by DookieMowf View Post
    I don't know why they don't make their demos online.
    Never, ever, ever going to happen (well, in my opinion). Not as a demo, which is the key word. EA employees have been on record that there is sometimes a fear that if they put too many features in the demo (such as longer quarter lengths), they might lose potential sales of the actual title. Normally, I disagree with them. In terms of online, I completely agree with them. Most of the Random Online players, which is probably a sizeable chunk of the 'casual' user base, would be plenty satisfied to just use Florida or Texas or OU over and over and over again in the demo against online opponents and never actually purchase the title.

Think to how many people you know who have or would use the phrase "Well, I wasn't going to buy it anyway" for rationalizing a pirate copy of some expensive software, like Adobe Photoshop. That's pretty much the mindset you'd be talking about here. Except this time it would be "Well, I have no reason to buy it now."
    Quote Originally Posted by DookieMowf View Post
    Shooters allow online play though.
    That's beta. That's to test out the servers, especially a load test. That's all for the purpose of feedback and metrics for the development team. Case in point ... Mod Nation Racers had an Online Beta last December. That's quite a long way out from its release in May. Halo: Reach's beta is similarly early compared to release, if not earlier. I'm using MNR as my example because they then put a demo out a few weeks before release. The Beta was for the servers, not for the actual game experience.

They're two fundamentally different types of products, beta and demo. You'll also find that none, at least I'm fairly sure, of the games that offer online in a beta (or demo, if there are any) are on a yearly development cycle. That would absolutely kill the deliverable dates for the product.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I hope we get 3-4 minute quarters, and I'll definitely be playing with all eight teams.. probably Ohio State the most. Hopefully we get to mess around with the depth chart in the demo, but formation subs are good too.

Recruit
    JeffHCross - Good points on the demo being online and you’re right about the difference between being a beta and demo. What they could do, is only allow the online portion of the demo to be used for a certain time frame and then cut it off… may be too much work though.

I also hope we get at least 4 minute quarters and we get a full game.

And I am with you guys… I am 29, married and have a child and I am so excited for the demo on Monday…lol. I also usually take a day or two off of work for NCAA and Madden.

I doubt we'll ever have a football demo with 4 minute quarters. From a business sense, why give you a near full game for free? That would lessen the drive to buy the retail disc.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I doubt we'll ever have a football demo with 4 minute quarters. From a business sense, why give you a near full game for free? That would lessen the drive to buy the retail disc.
    You think it would?

I don’t know many casual people who buy NCAA (I think more causal fans buy Madden) and with just 8 teams, I wouldn’t think it would cut down on any sales… but that’s just my thinking. Better for the NCAA team to be safe than sorry.

So you think we get 2 minute quarters and it’s a full game or just one half?

I have finals the next day, but its whatever :p

Two minute quarters. I was hoping for a long game starting in the 4th quarter or a game just starting in OT but it's better than Madden 10's lousy one minute quarters.

Yeah and we also get more teams as well.... Madden 10 demo was the worst thing I have ever played. You couldn't run 2 plays before it was half time lol.

Recruit
    I am so ready for the demo. I plan on getting up an hour earlier Monday morning (5am CST) and hopefully it's up to download. Play a bit and then get ready for work.