Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TeamBuilder for NCAA 11 (News & Updates)

• Facebook
  • Display

TeamBuilder for NCAA 11 (News & Updates)

Lots of speculation about whether or not there will be an updated TeamBuilder for NCAA 11.

Recently numerous posters on other sites have begun to lose hope, but I regained hope a few days ago after seeing this conversation on Twitter:
    @raczilla Is there any New Teambuilder News coming for NCAA 11? if you can't say I understand..
    @xRomo_9winz There's only news when we put some out there.
    @raczilla Haha . Well could there be in the near future ?
    @xRomo_9winz We don't typically tease it out in advance.

In my marketing-influenced-mind, Rac's answers means something's forthcoming. If nothing's coming, you either say "not at this time", "no", or just don't answer the question.

Please use this thread for updates on Teambuilder '11 status, news, or speculation.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Honestly, would they not update the 2nd most popular feature that next gen has seen? There's news forthcoming at E3. I'll put money on it. If not they would have already updated the site to NCAA 11 TB.

Come On MAN!

I agree to both points, but that hasn't stopped people from being convinced that they wouldn't.

To be fair, EA Sports (not just the NCAA team, but across all brands) does have a history of introducing features and then not doing any updates. The Historical and I-AA rosters of last-gen come to mind.

Without turning this to a wishlist thread... what features would you want out of Team Builder 2.0?

ability to set rivals on the site, ability to put text on the front of the jersey, maybe a different way to do uniforms(instead of 2 home's and 2 away's, just have 4 uniform choices that you can color how you like, etc), increase the amount of pants(maybe have a toggle option to select between 1-4 or something, I suppose the same for jerseys/helemts).

I would like to be able to control the stadiums somewhat, but I don't really see that happening. one ex: for NCAA 10, I created UTSA, placed them in the Alamodome(like they will be in real life once they start their FCS FB team in 2011 I believe). however, once in the game, the crowd was split 50/50, like in the bowl game. just was weird to me.

thats what I can remember right now, I haven't messed with TB is awhile though. but other than the fans part, those don't seem to be too tough to put in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Without turning this to a wishlist thread... what features would you want out of Team Builder 2.0?
    Biggest things to me are 'simple' things. I want most, if not all, of the functionality available within "Edit Player" in the game made available to Team Builder. Setting classes, setting positions, setting Home states are the biggest for me. Equipment would be nice but I recognize how hard that would be to put into the interface.

Loading up Teambuilder teams last year and seeing a California team with Rutgers pipelines was so depressing.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
    ability to set rivals on the site, ability to put text on the front of the jersey, maybe a different way to do uniforms(instead of 2 home's and 2 away's, just have 4 uniform choices that you can color how you like, etc), increase the amount of pants(maybe have a toggle option to select between 1-4 or something, I suppose the same for jerseys/helemts).
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Biggest things to me are 'simple' things. I want most, if not all, of the functionality available within "Edit Player" in the game made available to Team Builder. Setting classes, setting positions, setting Home states are the biggest for me. Equipment would be nice but I recognize how hard that would be to put into the interface.

Loading up Teambuilder teams last year and seeing a California team with Rutgers pipelines was so depressing.
    All of those things plus the ability to customize the roster (so that players can be added to have a proper depth chart) and a bit more customization on the stadium would be nice as well.

Well, if you could change the player's positions then you'd effectively have the ability to customize the roster.

I suspect uniform updates only... IMO

Total control over uniform, for instance sock height etc. Minor but its a wish. Stadiums as well, not even control but we can change the logo at midfield, but when I choose Pittsburgh's stadium the Pitt logos are all over the place. Kind of dumb. Plus what other people said I wont repeat.

it seems the "new" one is up, different URL. http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/home

mostly new stadiums and uniforms. they added an ability to add text to the front of jerseys. looks like the last remaining teams that had Generic stadiums got their real stadium in the game.

Recruit
    ^ Site isn't working at work. So are the rosters out there for NCAA 11 if I go to the teambuilder site?

if you go to the link I posted it will, if you go to the old link that has been used for TB for NCAA 10, it will not.

As expected, the site shouldn't have been up:

Quote Originally Posted by dhs22p
    Someone on OS posted this:

Uh oh! This is actually a mistake.

This is NOT the NCAA11 TeamBuilder site. This is an intermediary version of the NCAA10 TeamBuilder site with some updates for NCAA11. This was not supposed to be made public.

This is a problem, since these updates will not work properly if you try to bring a team you created with this site into NCAA10.

You're welcome to take a look at some of the updates...but just be aware that teams you create on this site may not work properly.

We are taking this down shortly, I apologize for the confusion ;-)

Looks like that "new" team I made is out the window. Oh well, that's okay. At least we have found out more about uniforms, mascots, and stadiums.

Recruit
    I'm disappointed with Robert Griffin's 84 speed.

I think that's an example of how certain positions have SPD ranges. The highest rated senior QB last year was an 88 (I only looked at guys who were in the draft this year), and that was on luvtotha9s' roster, so I'm not sure what the default roster SPD was for him.

Anyone else notice they shortened the number of characters of the end zone text? When I created my Nebraska State team for my online dynasty I could put "Nebraska State" into the end zone. Now that I am making my off-line dynasty, all it will let me input is "Nebraska Sta".

Just curious, but has anyone checked to see if TeamBuilders teams can have a full list of stadium sounds? I was pleasantly surprised when my router went out that logos show up for TB teams. So I got to wondering if anyone has tried a full listing of stadium sounds for TB teams as opposed to the single song that had to be played for all events in 10.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerBlitz View Post
    Just curious, but has anyone checked to see if TeamBuilders teams can have a full list of stadium sounds? I was pleasantly surprised when my router went out that logos show up for TB teams. So I got to wondering if anyone has tried a full listing of stadium sounds for TB teams as opposed to the single song that had to be played for all events in 10.
    forgive me, but I dont fully understand the question? full listing from what source?