Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2K12 Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

NBA 2K12 Thread

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    All I can say is they better do something AMAZING with it or what would be the point of getting the new one without all the cool Jordan stuff?

Now, if they get all of those incredibly epic Bird vs Magic games in and all of that, I would be jumping all over it more than I was 2k11. Bird is the man and getting to play all of the epic games that Magic and Bird played against each other would truly be the best NBA game ever.

All 2K11 footage, FWIW.

I'm anxious to see what they do after having Jordan last year and how they will fare after record sales for 2K11.

Yeah, I'm still perfectly content with NBA2K11, especially considering it's my first NBA game since, I want to believe, NBA Live 2004 back on the PS2 days. I'm doing just fine with 2K11, even with some of the negatives of it. So they are going to have to seriously WOW me to get me to consider buying it. Especially with the loads of great games that are coming out between September and the end of the 2011 that my money is going to be going towards.

2K11 was my first 2K NBA game, and it definitely sold me.

Yeah I'll definitely pick this up, but I hope the controls are a little smoother as compared to this current version.

2K hoop games are great. I haven't picked up on in recent years but if they brought back College Hoops I would be all over both NBA and CH 2K12.

Or perhaps even better just call it Hoops 2K12 where I could play both the NCAA and NBA on one disc. I'd pay $120 gladly for that game.

OS' E3 Preview of NBA 2K12

Last year at E3, I found out about the new arena-arrival cuts before the game. This year, the new pre-tipoff eye candy comes in the form of dynamic introductions. These are stylized videos with custom music showing off the marquee players of the matchup. It's basically what you see in real NBA broadcasts that tease the upcoming game.

According to producer Erick Boenisch, no two dynamic introduction videos will be the same as each clip shows off your favorite players performing different signature gestures they are known for doing before or during games. Think LeBron James' pregame toss or a Dirk Nowitzki fist pump after he sinks that high-arcing jumper. There's a new presentation package for playoff games with new starting lineup overlays and home crowds donning uniform colors throughout the arena. In addition, there was a "pop-up" promo involving players at the bottom left of the screen used to promote upcoming games. In terms of graphics, much is still unfinished says Erick, but there's an emphasis on re-lighting faces this year. Player faces and facial emotions are much more recognizable even while the ball is in play because of this lighting tweak.

From @2KSports

Want to see NBA cover? When 100K different people tweet #NBA2K12, the NBA 2K12 Cover will be revealed. Spread word- http://on.fb.me/NBA2K12

Da Czar RT'd a post on Twitter where someone brought up Magic and Bird .... that would be a pretty f'n sweet cover.

If they do a Magic vs Bird thing like they did with Jordan for '11, I'll fuckin' creme myself. Holy hell it would be fuckin' amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    If they do a Magic vs Bird thing like they did with Jordan for '11, I'll fuckin' creme myself. Holy hell it would be fuckin' amazing!
    Goddamn it mors, I'm eating dinner right now. That was NOT a mental image/thought I wanted to see/think.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Goddamn it mors, I'm eating dinner right now.
    are you at the Sizzler? Are you retired? It's barely 4:30 and 5:30 on the east coast. I'm assuming you are eastern time. Still...thats early!

Goddamn it mors, I'm eating dinner right now. That was NOT a mental image/thought I wanted to see/think.

That'll teach you to read the forums while eating!

Quit hiding the fact that you popped a boner thinking about Mors creaming himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    are you at the Sizzler? Are you retired? It's barely 4:30 and 5:30 on the east coast. I'm assuming you are eastern time. Still...thats early!
    Wheel of Fortune comes on in an hour or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    No, I usually don't eat dinner until 7:30-8 most nights. But, it's hot enough outside to make your ballsack start sweating a river within seconds, and as there is nothing to really make for dinner at home, I just stopped and picked something up on my way home from work because I have no desire in going back outside again today.

That'll teach you to read the forums while eating!
    Usually I can get away with it just fine. Bit me in the ass this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Quit hiding the fact that you popped a boner thinking about Mors creaming himself.

What mors said.

No, I usually don't eat dinner until 7:30-8 most nights. But, it's hot enough outside to make your ballsack start sweating a river within seconds, and as there is nothing to really make for dinner at home, I just stopped and picked something up on my way home from work because I have no desire in going back outside again today.
    That's valid. Ball sweat sucks.