Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Info Q&A thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Any added information on coaching carousel that isn't talked about by Monday. Such as:

1. Will coaches recruit to their style of play?

2. Does a coach's playbook and tendencies move with them?

3. Will there be other ratings for coaches besides prestige?

4. If so, are there different ratings for offense compared to defense?

5. Are new coaches added to the pool after old coaches retire?

6. Can coach "rosters" be edited and downloaded like player rosters?

7. Do prestige and other ratings increase or decrease depending on game performance?

Also, I'll throw in these question on recruiting and progression:

1. Do recruits, especially skill positions, have better speed, agility, acceleration, juke, and spin move compared to last year? These ratings seemed to be more random compared to the rest of the ratings? Do they reflect the base roster more?

2. Is cpu recruiting better about managing a team and getting quality players?

3. Any changes to player progression? Is it more based on performance now, like Madden is doing?

4. Are there actually good punters and kickers in the game after 4 years?

5. Are there hidden gems and future superstars who blow up at small schools?

6. Are there more quality 2* and 3 * recruits?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by lsutig187; 05-20-2011 at 02:11 AM.

1. How does signing coaches work? Do you just get first dibs on any coach you want within your prestige range or is there bidding and a budget involved?
    2. Do players gain an appropriate amount of height & weight during there careers? (No more 4* DEs coming in at 200lbs and graduating at 205)
    3. Will we be allowed to have more than 120 teams in a dynasty through Teambuilder? Or will we still have to swap out one team for each Teambuilder team?

The rest of my questions have already been asked. Can't wait till monday.
    Last edited by brza37; 05-20-2011 at 04:06 AM.

Who controls the playbook, The coordinators or the HC? Assuming it is a coordinator, is there a way for HC to keep the playbook if he fires the coordinator? Or do you have to hire the right guy for your system? How does the cpu logic play into that game?

With all of the different coaches coming in and moving out, will coaches have current team playbooks attatched to them via random or alma mater, or will all new coaches have a generic playbook?

Will new cpu coaches utilize custom playbooks within their selected style of offense/defense?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Who controls the playbook, The coordinators or the HC? Assuming it is a coordinator, is there a way for HC to keep the playbook if he fires the coordinator? Or do you have to hire the right guy for your system? How does the cpu logic play into that game?

With all of the different coaches coming in and moving out, will coaches have current team playbooks attatched to them via random or alma mater, or will all new coaches have a generic playbook?

Will new cpu coaches utilize custom playbooks within their selected style of offense/defense?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    I was wondering this too. If I have custom playbooks, do I really need coordinators? If they don't have any kind of ratings or bonuses or whatnot, then coordinators would be simply cosmetic for a user team.

It'd be cool if they did co-op online. 12 people on 6 teams. Two on each team. 1 as oc and the other dc. It would be interesting as people got promoted and left for other schools. After time everyone would have their own team.

If there are coach ratings, does that affect recruiting, specifically the OC and DC ratings?

If you are a OC/DC do you recruit? If so do you recruit all players, just your side of the ball, or geographic as most is in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post
    I got a bunch for coaching carousel:

1) What are all the ratings that coaches have?
    2) Do coaches have ratings that can be edited(before and during Dynasty)?
    3) Do the coach ratings impact my players during gameplay or are they purely cosmetic?
    4) Do coaches have an impact on player development or is it still tied to your team prestige?
    5) Do coach ratings impact recruiting or is it like before based off of your team prestige?
    6) Does the game create new head coaches and coordinators every year? Can we create new coaches during Dynasty like we can prospects?
    7) Is the entire pool of coaches available in the off-season or are we offered limited choices based on our playbook styles?
    8) As a head coach can we designate playcalling duties to one or both of our coordinators and limit the side of the ball we can play on the field?
    9) How is the sorting feature for available coaches? Alphabetical? By prestige? By ratings? By Age? By Playbook style?
    10) How do custom playbooks tie into this new feature?
    11) On gameday do coaches have ability to make an impact during timeouts like last gen? How about half-time adjustments?
    12) How difficult are the goals to achieve in order to progress from a low D prestige coach to a highly sought after A prestige coach?
    13) How quickly can we progress from a D prestige to an A prestige? One letter grade improvement max or can we make huge strides in just a year or 2?
    14) If our coordinators contract is up do we have first dibs on re-signing him or is he automatically added to the pool of available coaches?
    15) How does recruiting work with being a coordinator? In other words are we limited to offensive recruits if we are an OC?
    16) What is the maximum and minimum length of contract for HC? OC? DC?
    17) How is the progression system for the coach ratings? Is it stat based? W-L based? Awards based? Age based? Team prestige based?

Other Dynasty questions:
    1) Medical redshirts?
    2) Spring game?
    3) Off-season drills?
    4) Homecoming game?
    5) Heisman presentation show?
    6) Scouting feature during recruiting?
    7) In-season progression?
    8) Dynamic player ratings from week to week like Madden?
    9) More accurate sim stats?
    10) Senior day/night?
    11) Create or lose rivalries?
    12) HS All-American Bowl with ESPN top 150?
    13) Senior Bowl?
    14) Designate Impact players and team captains?
    15) Full editing of existing players during a Dynasty?
    16) Editing of recruits in Dynasty?
    17) Changes or improvements to the slot machine recruiting system?
    18) National signing day show with player announcements from a select group of top recruits?
    19) Can we update our Stadiums over the course of a Dynasty? Specifically the ability to change the seating capacity of the stadium? Change the field color? Endzone and Midfield art? Field type (grass, field turf, art. turf)?
    LOL. I think these are all the questions that i have. Except a non dyansty question of WHO is editing coaches?

Can you change which games are considered BCS games?

Can you get rid of a conference... for example take all the teams in the Big 12 and put them in other conferences, thus ending the Big 12??
    ...or do all the conferences have to be kept alive with a minimum of 4 teams [which i read was the smallest number allowed].?????

Freshman

Custom Conferences

It seems that there is much more flexibility with conferences at the beginning of the dynasty but I'm wondering if you can make conference changes once you are a few years into your dynasty. Maybe not all of the game scheduling minutia but just moving teams into or out of your conference based on how your dynasty is progressing.

In a game on your cpu with the dots and all, will there be a play-clock that you'll have to adhere to in order to get your plays in and run on time, or is it a play as you can thing? Is there a pause button?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera1968 View Post
    It seems that there is much more flexibility with conferences at the beginning of the dynasty but I'm wondering if you can make conference changes once you are a few years into your dynasty. Maybe not all of the game scheduling minutia but just moving teams into or out of your conference based on how your dynasty is progressing.
    I believe this has been answered as yes according to a screenshot or from the video.

Here's a question for ya. You know how you can control 12 teams in dynasty, right? I assume you can start at any school as a coordinator but could I eventually get an OC and a DC working at the same school at the same time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by souljahbill; 05-20-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Can you guys release info at midnight lol? What's the official time?

Quote Originally Posted by DariusLock View Post
    Can you guys release info at midnight lol? What's the official time?
    After EA releases their info... no set time but we're hopeful that it will be sometime that morning since it's already been announced to come out that day.

how do the oc and dc affect recruiting (if at all)?

It's Dynasty info eve!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Can you choose the team captains AND impact players ala last gen???
    2. Does the Natioal game of the week show up on the schedule every week?
    3. If you are the OC/DC do you recruit each week? Does the cpu sim the opposite plays or do you watch them?
    4. Does the cpu pull the starters in a blowout/pull the QB after 3-4 ints???
    5. Spring game and/or ALL-AMERICAN game?
    6. Heisman ceremony?
    7. FCS? or FCS teambuilder to replace the generics?
    8. Can you set the date/time for your home games?

Can you adjust the number of conference games? I'm thinking of bumping the Big Ten to 14 for my teambuilder dynasty, but only if I can have 9 conference games.

I hope when I come back from lunch theres about 10 pages to sift through of dynasty info haha