Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Info Q&A thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
    that definitely wasn't the case fore NCAA 11. As Texas Tech I routinely had the #1 passing team(I had a 4-year starter gain 19,000 passing yards and around 166 pass TDs) and never could get any top WRs to commit(could really only get 3 star WRs), most never wanted anything to do with me at all. most of my best WRs over the years were ATHs that I converted to WRs(which worked out great though). I was able to attract a few big time scrambling QBs though, which sparked my moved to Miss St/Tulsa playbooks with a read option style offense.

we had another user that brought back the option to Nebraska, lead in rushing pretty much every year, and he could never get any top HBs interested.
    Hmm. I noticed the opposite on 11. I signed tons of 4* WRs at SDSU. I played 4 years with them, then began simming. When I started simming, my HBs were garbage but I had a good QB and some good WRs. My 3-year starter at QB had over 17k passing (I upped passing to 80% in Coaching Philosophy) and I was getting mobbed by WRs and QBs. I also changed my playbook to Texas Tech's during that period.

I guess this is leading me to believe that I should always adjust my Coaching Philosophy to reflect the way I actually play the game. Typically, Coaching Philosophy is only used for simming, but my experience tells me it affects recruit interest, too.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    The progression stuff is something I plan on testing the instant I get the game. I will be breaking it down in minute detail based on several years of simming with several different players. As soon as I find some concrete information, I will be posting it on here for all to know as, like everyone else, I want to know how this stuff works and what I can expect from various recruits.

Obviously, there's a bunch of different things to take into account (coach prestige, coach integrity, prestige of the school, starter/backup, player's hidden potential rating, and player's starting ratings) so I will attempt to minimize the variables as much as possible while doing the tests.

Does anyone happen to remember if you can set the recruits potential rating when creating recruits? If not, does anyone know if there's been any acknowledgement of whether or not the rating is set randomly or if it's a static rating?

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Hmm. I noticed the opposite on 11. I signed tons of 4* WRs at SDSU. I played 4 years with them, then began simming. When I started simming, my HBs were garbage but I had a good QB and some good WRs. My 3-year starter at QB had over 17k passing (I upped passing to 80% in Coaching Philosophy) and I was getting mobbed by WRs and QBs. I also changed my playbook to Texas Tech's during that period.

I guess this is leading me to believe that I should always adjust my Coaching Philosophy to reflect the way I actually play the game. Typically, Coaching Philosophy is only used for simming, but my experience tells me it affects recruit interest, too.
    I always thought it to be that way as well and why I always change it to whatever I plan on using.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post

I must have been really unlucky with the WRs I guess. I never had any 5* WRs interested. I signed 1 4* WR that ended up good, but bolted his junior year(mostof the WRs were 3 star). I had a scrambling QB win the Heisman 2 years, and 2 separate WRs win the Heisman(1 was a default WR, the other was an ATH turned WR). the only other thing that must have messed with it was that this was in an OD(currently in season 11), but the run heavy users were able to gobble up the top WRs every year, which made me kind of annoyed since they never used them that much. I was completely stacked at MLB though. one season I had 7 MLBs over 80 ovr, on my roster yet there were multiple top MLBs interested. just was confusing to me. you would think that the top MLBs wouldn't want to sit on the bench for 4 years, but I guess they just wanted to add to the stack.

Does NCAA 12 have Different Running Styles like in Madden

Are you able to change the simulation quarter length for Dynasty Mode? Unless I play full-length games, it is difficult to win season awards (especially defensive ones) because the CPU's stats based on longer quarters. I was hoping that would be changed this year.

Quote Originally Posted by swampfox574 View Post
    Are you able to change the simulation quarter length for Dynasty Mode? Unless I play full-length games, it is difficult to win season awards (especially defensive ones) because the CPU's stats based on longer quarters. I was hoping that would be changed this year.
    Great question, hope we can get a solid answer on this.

Quote Originally Posted by swampfox574 View Post
    No, unfortunately not.

Ah well, if you play 7-9 min qtrs depending on how fast you call plays you should still get fairly realistic stats. Maybe not for all positions but most.