Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 College Football Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Sometimes I think you like to just debate things just to be different.

Back to the PSU vs Pitt games, it is a NO WIN SITUATION for PSU. If we win them both, we should have, if we lose one then it's a strike against PSU. I felt this way years ago when we played them and yes lost to them. Don't like it one bit, wish the Miami games would have held up. I much prefer them playing the Hurricanes then the $hitters.
    your first mistake is using the word debate. When you are with friends of course you will kid around just because you can. I will also take the other side just to see what comes up as pro or con in the conversation. As long as I dont insult anyone there is no problem. ...but In state rivalries are important to the in state fans who like it and thats all that matters. I dont give a damn what stats or history or charts you come up with for a rivalry against another team because its trivial and unimportant in the long run. Sports is in the fun, pointless topic section of life... of course I debate things to be different, anything else is boring and how can it be a no win situation when PSU hasnt really dominated the series all that time?

Living, working an breathing psu football since I was 3 helps to keep me in the loop as far as what PSU fans like and want. While I don't speak for the majority by any means I can say that more are against this riviarly then for it.

Pitt Panthers-Penn State Nittany Lions
    History
    1st Meeting November 6, 1893
    Last Meeting September 16, 2000
    Next Meeting TBA
    Number of Meetings 96
    All-Time Series PSU: 50-42-4
    Largest victory PSU: 59-0
    (10-24-1903)
    Current Streak PITT: Won 1
    Longest PITT Win Streak 14 (1922–1938)
    Longest PSU Win Streak 10 (1966–1975)

Given that PSU holds the all-time series by 8 games and Pitt has had 72 yes 72 home games compared to Penn States 24 is crazy that PSU is leading this series.

That is one of my personal reasons why I don't like Pitt to be honest. Somehow PSU allowed them to have a huge run of home games.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    It's kinda funny, but WVU fans felt like that against Pitt too while "The Stash" was the coach and it was utterly ridiculous that we lost to them as many times as we did while his inept ass was the coach there.

I gotta say, I've never seen a program that can so easily pull in so many and players every recruiting class like they can still be utter fuck ups in Football and Basketball (when it matters most).

PSU winning away games that much is pretty nice haha

So there is a rumor now that Trev Alberts is leaving UNO to take a job for the Big Ten Network way to go Trev, kill the two biggest sports at UNO....then leave.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    So there is a rumor now that Trev Alberts is leaving UNO to take a job for the Big Ten Network way to go Trev, kill the two biggest sports at UNO....then leave.
    That pretty much is fitting, I'm going to have to stop watching as much Big Ten Network now. That is one person I can't stand to be honest.

The Decision Part II: Russell Wilson will be airing at 3:30pm Eastern on ESPN. (AKA College Football Live)

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    That pretty much is fitting, I'm going to have to stop watching as much Big Ten Network now. That is one person I can't stand to be honest.
    I hope he doesn't think he can waltz into the NU AD job either...and I hope NU doesn't think of hiring him.

I hope he doesn't think he can waltz into the NU AD job either...and I hope NU doesn't think of hiring him.
    That would be a horrendous move for NU, talk about sinking a program...that is exactly what would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dragon View Post
    The Decision Part II: Russell Wilson will be airing at 3:30pm Eastern on ESPN. (AKA College Football Live)
    http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...-man-in-wilson

Russell Wilson could be a HUGE addition for Wisconsin.... If he can pick up the system fast enough it could be a season changer for them. Of course we thought the same thing about Sam Keller here at Nebraska & you saw how that turned out. Of course, unlike Keller, when things go to hell for Wilson he can at least take off and make something happen w/ his feet.

Wisconsin just got that much better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Chip Kelly next to get on that hot seat? http://bit.ly/mQIZ4E

Chip Kelly next to get on that hot seat? http://bit.ly/mQIZ4E
    He really should be on the hot seat for this, at the very least in my opinion.

Not sure if this is old news or not but just heard that Mike Vrabel is going to be the linebackers coach of tOSU. Pretty cool that he already landed a job right out of the NFL.

Easy hire for tOSU and a great hire for tOSU.

it is a little old but did not see it posted.

When your monitor is larger than you are... Maybe it is time to retire.

The WAC is becoming a serious powerhouse.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/ncb/story/...ected-join-wac

The University of Texas-Arlington athletic department is poised to begin a new chapter with its impending move to the Western Athletic Conference.

Sun-Belt finally has a conference it can poke fun of.

Thumbs up

South Carolina's new football uniforms.

In their first update since Under Armour became the Gamecocks’ official football apparel provider in 2007, South Carolina’s uniforms this season will feature different lettering, numbers and striping while being a bit lighter for players.

The word “Carolina” across the chest and numbers have been changed to the typefaces introduced on the basketball jerseys last year. “Carolina” is in a bolder, stronger typeface. The same letter and number styles will be used on uniforms on all Gamecocks teams, so all the school will have an easily recognizable look.

In solving another issue, the color garnet in the football uniforms is the same shade that will be used for all teams. The shades had varied among sports, especially on the basketball team when some fans thought the uniforms looked a little too Georgia red.

Replica jerseys should be available in stores by mid-August.

The material used to make the new football jerseys and pants is more stretchy, so less fabric is needed, said Adam Clement, senior on-field designer for Under Armour. Also the numbers are an inch or two smaller. Combined, they cut the weight of the jerseys by 20 percent, he said.

Chris Matlock, USC’s equipment manager, said the players have loved the new stretchy material, though they are a little harder to get on and off.

In other design changes, Under Armour has moved the two-tone stripes from on top of the shoulders to the front and added thin curved stripes along the back. The curves are supposed to represent the rounded paths in USC’s Horseshoe and the crescent moon in the South Carolina state flag, Clement said.

The words from the USC’s alma mater, “Forever to thee,” are sewn in the front tail of the jerseys.

The pants replace two smaller crescent stripes with one longer one and a small stripe on the back calf that resembles a spur. “Gamecocks” is printed on the back of the pants.

Linemen will get some help with pants that have openings that stretch more easily over knee braces, said John Holschuh, Under Armour’s senior product manager. Before, teams cut pant legs to accommodate the bulky hardware. The pants also stretch more around the crotch so they don't slide down when players crouch, he said.

Under Armour is breaking out a new belt buckle, replacing metal double D-shaped rings with a composite plastic clasp similar to that used on its backpacks that slips less and is lighter, Holschuh said. The belts were tested by South Florida last season, he said.

Under Armour tested the materials used in South Carolina’s jerseys over the past three years using seven different fabrics and four designs, Clement said.

Later this year, Under Armour plans to introduce a unique design pattern for South Carolina that could be used on jerseys, compression shirts or apparel sold at stores, Clement said.

The company added a tortoise shell print on the sides of Maryland basketball jerseys and a stained glass print on the numbers of Boston College hoops uniforms, while Hawaii’s football team’s new uniforms are expected to include a native tattoo print.

South Carolina’s print could include Palmetto trees and the crescent moon that are part of the state flag, Clement said, but no decision has been made.

With all the updates coming to South Carolina uniforms, Clement said the baseball team might not alter its jerseys right off the bat.

“We don’t want to change too much with two national championships,” he said.

Memo to Nike. That is how a uniform upgrade should look.