Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2011 Fantasy Baseball Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I just stashed away Josh Johnson in three leagues since they now changed the status to he may still pitch again this year. Also found Strasburg in one of my leagues in FA, so I stashed him away too.
    LOL, yeah I finally bit the bullet and dropped him yesterday after I saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    LOL, yeah I finally bit the bullet and dropped him yesterday after I saw that.
    Lots of people did, which was why I was able to get him in three leagues

In my CBS points like this is the FOURTH straight year where I've been a #1 or #2 overall seed and lose in the first round Thankfully I get a decent chunk of change for winning the division. Eight teams made the playoffs here.

Already was knocked out in the first round of my 14 team league where 8 made the playoffs.

However I barely squeaked by in my other two money leagues to make the final four. I play the top seed in both matchups where I'm still alive.

I'm in the finals this week.

I'm in the final four in two leagues. Man last night was shaky in one of those leagues. I had to fade Jason Bay AND Starlin Castro NOT getting an XBH, then the game went into extra innings that was a close one.

Of all guys to possibly help me get a fantasy baseball championship....I would not have thought R.A. Dickey would be one of those guys. Dude has been on fire in the past two weeks, and another six scoreless so far today against the Phils.

3 days to go in the fantasy baseball season, and it looks like I will take down one title, and am very much in the running for a 3rd place finish too.

Championship Game:
    Player R H HR RBI SB Avg. XBH W SV K HLD ERA WHIP QS Total
    Me 38 70 11 34 1 .320 31 4 7 63 1 2.79 0.92 7 12
    Them 35 55 6 25 11 .274 20 1 2 31 2 3.19 1.35 4 2

3rd Place Game:

Player R HR RBI SB OBP W SV K ERA WHIP Total
    Me 32 10 30 6 .344 2 2 39 3.25 1.26 5
    Them 23 7 21 2 .369 4 1 42 2.69 0.99 5

Unfortunately, this year for some dumb reason Yahoo's tiebreaker for the playoffs is head to head wins in the season, so I have to win at least 5-4 to take 3rd. Unfortunately 4th doesn't cash. I picked up some guys that have had really good OBP in the past week, and also picked up pitchers to fill out the starting staff since this is a weekly lineup league.

I have 2 more starters going than he does, so I should catch him in K's at the very least, if I can't catch him in wins or OBP.

These three late pickups are what have led me to a fantasy baseball championship....(stats from last 30 days)

My other playoffs, I'm down, but if I can get the lead in HR's (we're tied) and K's (I'm down 4 with Carpenter tonight, he's done pitching)...I'll take 3rd.