Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: General College Sports Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    So are you saying that only African-American athletes have closing speed? Also, you're suggesting that African-American athletes have no character and PSU avoids them because of it.

Wow, that's racist.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    So are you saying that only African-American athletes have closing speed? Also, you're suggesting that African-American athletes have no character and PSU avoids them because of it.

Wow, that's racist.

am I saying it? no haha. Am I saying Joe may think that way ? yes haha

look, he may not be racist , but he is an old Italian American from the old world who may have to watch his P's and Q's when he talks haha

dude, you do realize that in the early 60s when coaches started recruiting more black players they would tell the scouts to find some speed. That was code for find me a fast black guy. Its still true today, so by your estimation, the majority of scouts are racist...?

and to be intellectually honest , you arent African American unless born in Africa and you move to America.

I am a Penn State fan and like Joe Paterno but he still may have a mindset that comes from a different time and we are all guilty of that in one way or another.

white women bore me, does that make me racist towards them ?

The Illinois-Northwestern game is on Big Ten Network right now, just started. Nothing like watching the failure that was this game. Two teams on one sideline. Both offenses going in the same direction the entire game. A definite classic!

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Cool. I'm watching it now since I never got a chance to see it when it happened (plus, it's somethin' to do until 8:30).

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    Joe has been around alot longer then just those guys and with 3 linebackers at a time in a backfield, your list is still small...that aside i am of course joking, but it is something to chew on for a bit haha
    And this is a very small just with the names I could think of quickly.... didn't think I need to go back and search the roster for every linebacker

Holy $hit I just caught this page, oh no I'm going to have fun with this today. I have to finish some stuff at work then it's me all over this thread like a monkey on a cupcake.

I wonder if theyll ask Paterno why he recruits so many white wide receivers ?
    Derrick Williams
    Deon Butler
    Curtis Drake
    Justin Brown
    Devon Smith
    Brandon Mosely-Felder
    Shawney Kersey

Christ I won't keep going anyone should get the idea of this.

Graham Zug (white)
    and please please don't say Brett Bracket because that boy was recruited for QB then destined for TE but he was never able to retain weight enough to be an every down TE so they moved him to a hybrid TE/WR position.

Please tell me the over abundance of white WR's recruited at PSU?

You might want to throw Kenny Jackson, OJ McDuffie, Bobby Engram in there.... Yes, there was Joe Jurevious

Mr Paterno, would it be more appropriate to call your school "white Linebacker U" ?
    I'll just state this quickly.

If a school is traditionally well known for being Linebacker U, then what the heck does skin color matter?

I have put work on hold for the time being while I try and soak this in for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    You might want to throw Kenny Jackson, OJ McDuffie, Bobby Engram in there.... Yes, there was Joe Jurevious
    Who was a serviceable PRO WR for the a little bit, but once again what does the color of his skin matter?

dude, you do realize that in the early 60s when coaches started recruiting more black players they would tell the scouts to find some speed. That was code for find me a fast black guy. Its still true today, so by your estimation, the majority of scouts are racist...?
    There was a lot of things that went down in the 60s that weren't right. It's a completely different time now. To call Joe out because he was coaching way back in a time that white athletes were regarded higher is truly ignorant. "hey Joe... you recruited more white players in the 60s... racist!"

haha I am partially kidding, but if you look at it..it appears Penn State gives minor punshments to its white players compared to harder punishments for its black players historically ..I dont really know, but the fact is Penn State will never get close to a number 1 ranking because they try really hard to get guys with character...Penn State has never had a defensive secondary with any closing speed...
    You seem to be talking out of the wrong end currently.

EZ Smith
    Anothony Scirotto
    Dan Conner
    Joe Jurevicius
    Tom McEowen
    Tyler Reed
    Andrew Richardson
    Mickey Schuler

I'll stop at those off the top of my head on players that were suspended. There are more, but for the sake of this I will just post these and stop at that.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    There was a lot of things that went down in the 60s that weren't right. It's a completely different time now. To call Joe out because he was coaching way back in a time that white athletes were regarded higher is truly ignorant. "hey Joe... you recruited more white players in the 60s... racist!"
    how is deciding that most black players are faster and deciding to recruit them because of it a bad thing?

haha good job trying to break it down guys. Like I said, I'm kidding as far as calling anyone "racist"
    But Joe may well have a bias because of the era he came up in and you giving a bunch of names of black players on the team doesnt disprove that.

anyway, heres some more food for thought that can be taken as pro or con depending on factors and even as tabloidish crap
    which Bleacher Report is for the most part haha

12 problem players- notice how the white players get a slap on the wrist compared to black players
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...-joepas-career

heres actually a more realistic viewpoint

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ant/index.html

heres an interesting one- football and crime- Penn State ranked 4th, but they dont specify what type of infractions or broken laws they were...
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...edium=referral

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    And WVU is cancer free once again. Thank god for smart ADs.

Ram, while it may very well not disprove that Joe doesn't have a bias it certainly is better then saying hey your old your more biased to white kids. That is just crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Ram, while it may very well not disprove that Joe doesn't have a bias it certainly is better then saying hey your old your more biased to white kids. That is just crazy talk.
    hey haha, I want it understood that i'm just having a little fun while at the same time touching on the minor psychology of people.
    I dont want steelerfan thinking i'm trying to provoke some racist card junk haha

I do think the ranking of 4th for Penn State is odd for law infractions but they dont say what all are either.

Joe is older and things may come out his mouth that he would probably be conscious not to say if he were younger and he has always been a cranky Italian haha.

like when my grandmother on my moms side said about me while I was right there in the room with everyone.." too bad he isnt as smart as his dad"....you just look, laugh, and think "ok grandma, whatever," haha

hey haha, I want it understood that i'm just having a little fun while at the same time touching on the minor psychology of people.
    I dont want steelerfan thinking i'm trying to provoke some racist card junk haha
    You certainly are not helping your case when you trying to say that someone like JoePa "could" be racist because he is old.

There comes a point where you just got to stop because you losing to much ground. This is it.

As for PSU many of those law infractions were for misdemeanors and some just thrown out entirely. Still PSU has had to many in these last 10 years and I hope that things can clear up and kids shape up.

Ooooh boy

From ESPN's Joe Schad:

Terrelle Pryor has chosen Drew Rosenhaus as his agent

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Ooooh boy

From ESPN's Joe Schad:

Terrelle Pryor has chosen Drew Rosenhaus as his agent
    The only thing that would make me happy is to see Ray Lewis light his a$$ up