Thread: Any collectors of Riddell pocket pro helmets on here?

• Facebook
  • Display

Any collectors of Riddell pocket pro helmets on here?

Hey everybody, I'm new here as a member--though I've been lurking as a non-member for some time.

I was just wondering if any of you collect Riddell NCAA Pocket Pro helmets, and if so, we could all discuss and compare collections here, as I was unable to find any current threads on any forum on this topic.

Also, feel free to share any custom helmets you may have done.

Hoping there are still some of you out there!

I think Paakaa10 collects those, not sure though. He hasn't posted here in forever though.

Welcome to TGT.

Thanks!

Yeah, I've seen his post while scouring google for current threads lol.

It's a shame these things aren't more widely appreciated though....they're a pretty cool cheap alternative to mini helmets...(imho)

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I think Paakaa10 collects those, not sure though. He hasn't posted here in forever though.

Welcome to TGT.
    Memory like a steel trap. I even found the really old thread we had on the subject.

I used to collect but gave it up.

With schools changing/adding new helmets so often, does Riddell pump out Pocket Pros for all of them? Or have the constant changes turned off collectors?

Oregon would be it's own collection
    The dude abides.

no, Riddell has only released new ones 2 or 3 times, the last one being 2013 i believe.....Oregon only has one helmet made as of now...the classic green with yellow "O". Maryland has had a different one released each time though I'm pretty sure....

What turns me off about it is that several conferences (Big East, C-USA, MWC) are so hard to find now, and when you do, you pay a fortune....I've been fortunate enough to find most of the Big East (Cincy, USF, Louisville) here and there by themselves. I would love it if they released a new set this year

For anyone interested, I contacted Riddell itself, and was told that they plan on releasing new sets before the start of this upcoming season. both NCAA and NFL. however, they'll only have major conferences....(ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12, SEC).

This means that new this year, will be Louisville (ACC), and Rutgers (Big 10). Also, Maryland is switching to the Big 10. Louisville and Rutgers were available before in the Big East sets, but those currently go for $150+ on ebay, when they're even available.

My current collection: