Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Getting NCAA 11 Early?

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by lilheavy View Post
    I may be able to get it the Friday or Saturday before release.
    Heavyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy what up. I will not be getting it early ever. I need these connections. We did have it when I worked at Best Buy like 3 weeks early, however. But that was years ago.

I did the saving money - fiscally responsible thing. It'll actually cost me a couple days, but hopefully luvtotha9s will be able to fulfill roster names by the time I get it at least.

So how does getting it early generally happen? Is it through connections to the gaming industry or what? I have heard the mom and pop concept but haven't seen a mom and pop shop around Houston in years.

Quote Originally Posted by mundo View Post
    So how does getting it early generally happen? Is it through connections to the gaming industry or what? I have heard the mom and pop concept but haven't seen a mom and pop shop around Houston in years.
    When I got it early, it was from a tip from a site like this that a Houston area Wal-Mart/Target/Circuit City had unknowingly broken the street date. Unfortunately, Houston has been on "lock down" for the past couple of years. Keep your eyes peeled and we may get lucky this year. I know we have at least 3 Houston area guys here (you, me, coogrfan) so maybe we can find something between us and PM each other.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    When I got it early, it was from a tip from a site like this that a Houston area Wal-Mart/Target/Circuit City had unknowingly broken the street date. Unfortunately, Houston has been on "lock down" for the past couple of years. Keep your eyes peeled and we may get lucky this year. I know we have at least 3 Houston area guys here (you, me, coogrfan) so maybe we can find something between us and PM each other.
    sounds like a plan.

I pass through small towns around here from time to time. I will keep an eye open for potential places there as well

I'll be getting it late. Free shipping from EA, lol.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I'll probably get it from the same place as last year for $55 and on Monday.

last year i got it like 3 days early or so from the same local tallahassee store i usually buy from, the year before that we only got it like 1 day early so this year we will probably only get it 1 day early to.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I was able to get '09 on the Saturday before release at a well known video rental chain here, but last year was a no-go. I will keep my eyes and ears open.

My guy that managed a video store here left his job for another place so I definitely won't get it early. Last year wasn't able to either since their DM was in the store the week before making sure none of the games were sold early.

Havent had any luck getting it early in West Michigan, did get Mlb 09 the show early last year

Quote Originally Posted by coogrfan View Post
    I was able to get '09 on the Saturday before release at a well known video rental chain here, but last year was a no-go. I will keep my eyes and ears open.
    Yeah, I tried that store for '09 but, to my dismay, they were onto what was up by time I got there.:rolleyes:

The only thing I miss about working at the movie rental store I worked at for a year was the free rentals before street date. Took advantage of that with quite a few video games.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Hoping to get it a few days before, one way or another.
    cdj sounds like he's gonna start going around threatening Gamestops until someone gives him the game early lol.

picking it up on release day unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    picking it up on release day unfortunately...
    Aye, same here sadly. I was able to get 2008 two days early. But between work and other stuff I usually have going on during weekdays, taking off for two hours for a trip to Bowling Green just to get a game is no longer a viable option. So I went ahead and preordered it this morning while I was buying Tiger Woods 11.

I love that you guys are sad that you can't get the game early. I understand it, but it's still amusing.

Though slightly less so since I'm fairly certain (99.999999999999999999999999999999999999%) that I won't be getting it on release day, and maybe not even release week

Recruit
    Jeff - How come you're getting it so late?

Free shipping from EA. Don't know when I'm getting it, just expecting it to take awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I love that you guys are sad that you can't get the game early. I understand it, but it's still amusing.

Though slightly less so since I'm fairly certain (99.999999999999999999999999999999999999%) that I won't be getting it on release day, and maybe not even release week
    Pain is being on vacation on release week......with the game sitting at home waiting......or like your case of not getting it until the following week due to a business trip.