Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Madden NFL 12: Major presentation and graphical upgrades

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    I watch every single pregame, but a lot of ppl just don't care and say they skip it after the first couple times, and then they complain that ea spends so much time and resources there instead of gameplay. The difference imo is that the pregame is good.

Here's what I love though! They didn't have time to make it good, so they erased it and made other things better with that time. Good time management. You and I get a better product overall for our money. At least thats how I look at it.
    Yeah, I like the philosophy as well, but I can't help but question the priorities. A massive community request since last gen has been a fully developed weekly wrap-up show. Though they look great, team entrances were on nobody's radar for Madden. What was the reasoning behind one versus the other? I would love to hear from the developers on this. The goal is a realistic broadcast feel. A wrap-up show is true to broadcast. Team entrances are cool but you never see them on TV, only live at the games.

More immersion into the game has always been one of my preferences. The last few seasons you actually DO see a lot of entrances right at the beginning of the quick pregame talk by the announcers on FOX and CBS. It's done in kind of a montage of the teams with the intro music by the station. The one that specifically stood out to me was the Sunday Night finale with the Rams @ Seahawks. The whole pregame was actually shown with the Rams coming out to the boos and it was a fun, mood setting moment while the announcers were doing the pregame. It got you ready for football!

Maybe the wrap up show is a thing they'll develop this year and bring it back with some really great commentary and mix. They still have the stuff to be able to work on it. And honestly, maybe it just didn't get the approval or the feedback from the community that was expected after it was such a highly requested feature. Because of the changing teams on a weekly basis, NCAA is much better suited for a wrap up show that is not boring after just one season. The NFL needs a lot more because the teams don't change as often.

From all the YouTube videos I've seen of Madden's wrap up show and 2K5's show is that it's ultra generic and I'm sure prone to repetitiveness. If it includes highlights, if it doesn't show a play that can be verified via box score, then it taints the realism.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    From all the YouTube videos I've seen of Madden's wrap up show and 2K5's show is that it's ultra generic and I'm sure prone to repetitiveness. If it includes highlights, if it doesn't show a play that can be verified via box score, then it taints the realism.
    Basically. Thats why I'm not the biggest fan of shows outside of the game. I like the idea of a wrap up, but not necessarily in a show format. I loved the radio show a few years back.

This looks good, but it all comes down to improving Franchise Mode for me.

"Restricted Free Agency is not fun" is not an acceptable response.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    This looks good, but it all comes down to improving Franchise Mode for me.

"Restricted Free Agency is not fun" is not an acceptable response.
    Have we heard whether restricted/unrestricted is in? I only heard that rosters were expanded and there was a new free agency system. Two major priorities for this game: Restricted free agency & a wokring injured reserve system.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Have we heard whether restricted/unrestricted is in?
    No, we haven't. I just remember last year, when asked about it, they said, "Restricted Free Agency is not fun". That little statement told me that I'm no longer a Madden guy.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    No, we haven't. I just remember last year, when asked about it, they said, "Restricted Free Agency is not fun". That little statement told me that I'm no longer a Madden guy.

Idiots. They should go play NHL 11 and see if that changes their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

Idiots. They should go play NHL 11 and see if that changes their opinion.
    x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000

Yeah I want my franchise mode JUST like it is in real life. (more or less pointing to Online Franchise) ... Salary Cap, UFA, the whole nine yards.

The off season depth of Madden needs so much improvement. Fingers crossed that RFA/UFA makes it into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah I want my franchise mode JUST like it is in real life. (more or less pointing to Online Franchise) ... Salary Cap, UFA, the whole nine yards.
    That does make it more fun. All that stuff keeps realism within your roster, and therefore helps with that overall immersion. I hate the feeling of "crap, I've done a terrible job putting this team together" but I love the challenge of keeping a realistic and competitive team without cheating the system and stacking players.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    That does make it more fun. All that stuff keeps realism within your roster, and therefore helps with that overall immersion. I hate the feeling of "crap, I've done a terrible job putting this team together" but I love the challenge of keeping a realistic and competitive team without cheating the system and stacking players.
    Don't want to turn this into anything but I have never (even on last gen) felt that way with Madden. However, 2k3, 2k4, and 2k5 were an amazing franchise mode experience. I sure hope Madden 12 can somewhat create that feeling for me again.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Don't want to turn this into anything but I have never (even on last gen) felt that way with Madden. However, 2k3, 2k4, and 2k5 were an amazing franchise mode experience. I sure hope Madden 12 can somewhat create that feeling for me again.
    Yeah you're absolutely right. Neither have I. I was thinking more in general. Mostly nhl and nba 2k I feel have had the most realistic feel. I haven't played mlb though.