Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tiger Woods 11 Impressions Q&A (Game in hand)

• Facebook
  • Display
    I'm on 360 cdj. Played a round using the True-Aim and I think I am going to like it alot. Love how when I hit a shot that it may look good leaving the club but its funny when you get down and the ball is in the rough/bunker. But the crowds let you know anyway. For some reason I can't pull my old GF up. It shows on EAsportsworld

Fellows no worries about forgetting to input the online code because it prompts you do so when you install the game unlike UFC 2010. Code is on back of the manual like UFC

Anyone else getting a jittery camera at times when they try to zoom closer to landing spot?

I'm noticing it happening alot

How is putting with the true aim piece? One thing in the demo I found quite difficult was distance control. It was just very hard to gauge. Im still on the fence of weather or not to get this. I seem to play these for 3 months then not touch it. I think the true aim and harder difficulty might help keep my interest though.

I've rented but haven't bought TW in years. What (if any) major improvements/changes have been made to this year's game?

Quote Originally Posted by willisj318 View Post
    How is putting with the true aim piece? One thing in the demo I found quite difficult was distance control. It was just very hard to gauge. Im still on the fence of weather or not to get this. I seem to play these for 3 months then not touch it. I think the true aim and harder difficulty might help keep my interest though.
    Putting on True-Aim is just like regular style. Putting grid, preview, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I've rented but haven't bought TW in years. What (if any) major improvements/changes have been made to this year's game?
    The XP system, the Focus system, Ryder Cup & Team Play, and True-Aim are the big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Putting on True-Aim is just like regular style. Putting grid, preview, etc.
    But just like on full shots, it does not give you a indicator of how far the ball will go. But unlike a 7 iron that you know goes 175 max, how do you gauge how hard to hit the putt? Yes its very close to real, but it is a game and I think we need a max distance indicator. I guess I just need something at the putting to help me gauge.

Is this game like...rare or what?

I've been searching every store in the area to find it for PS3, and NO ONE has it. I find it a little hard to believe considering it's an EA Sports game and it just released a month ago, but no one has it around my area. Over the past week, I've been to 3 Walmarts and 3 Gamestops, Best Buy, and KMart, and not a single one of them had it. Gamestop had it used, but I'm not about to cough up an extra $10 to play online. I also can't order online as I switched banks and my new debit card hasn't been shipped to me yet. It's like a sign from God not to buy it.

Haha that is very hard to believe that no one has the game around you.

They had to pawn all of the unsold copies for Tiger's divorce settlement. Sorry.

That is weird though. Do you live in FL or PA? Not sure that matters, but it may play a factor - fewer copies or something.

Southern PA, yeah. I've checked some stores in north Maryland, nothing. Central PA, nothing. I've checked everything around my area and nothing.

I saw an ad today that a local mom 'n' pops store was having a sale on games, so I might head down there later and see if they have it.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Southern PA, yeah. I've checked some stores in north Maryland, nothing. Central PA, nothing. I've checked everything around my area and nothing.

I saw an ad today that a local mom 'n' pops store was having a sale on games, so I might head down there later and see if they have it.
    Good luck man, would love to have you in our league.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Good luck man, would love to have you in our league.
    Yeah, I'm still debating joining. I won my first tournament in the Big Apple Classic at Bethpage Black with a 13 under to win by 3 strokes. But the next tournament, at Hazeltine whipped my ass, so I still have some work to do on my golfing skills as well as my golfer.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, I'm still debating joining. I won my first tournament in the Big Apple Classic at Bethpage Black with a 13 under to win by 3 strokes. But the next tournament, at Hazeltine whipped my ass, so I still have some work to do on my golfing skills as well as my golfer.
    You should still sign up! I am horrible on Tour Pro, but it's still fun to play in. You'd be surprised how much it helps your game.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    You should still sign up! I am horrible on Tour Pro, but it's still fun to play in. You'd be surprised how much it helps your game.
    That's the way I'm leaning right now. Heck, someone's gotta fill that last place spot on the leaderboard. I'm gonna try to get this next tournament over the next few days and see how I do, then I'll most likely sign up by Tuesday or Wednesday like I've been semi-planning on for the past week or so.

ok, so i went out and rented it finally. umm seriously why do they screw more things up with this game than they fix? please explain to me why they have it programmed when you change your view in putting the next time you go to tee off the view stays there? why cant it be like it was where it reverted back to the original view. wow, never thought something would frustrate me so much but that really pisses me off!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Violator View Post
    ok, so i went out and rented it finally. umm seriously why do they screw more things up with this game than they fix? please explain to me why they have it programmed when you change your view in putting the next time you go to tee off the view stays there? why cant it be like it was where it reverted back to the original view. wow, never thought something would frustrate me so much but that really pisses me off!!!!!!
    This mean you're getting in the league at the mid way point

nope, rented it, will be back on thursday. and when are they going to do what i have asked for for 3 years now. put some kind of indicator on where the ball is in comparison to my feet. is it above or below or level? lord i am tired of not being able to tell so i can adjust which way to hit!!