Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gaming Tailgate: NCAA Football 12 Preview

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
    There are too many problems w/ SS and if disc space is an issue on other areas, then by all means they should ditch it. You know me... I play the R&S and throw all the time, and I hate being "reminded" that I am being unsportsmanlike when throwing a 3 yard hitch on 3rd and 2 from my own 11 yard line and I'm up 31-10. Docked X amount of points for a 3 yard pass???

As for me... computer problems, some health stuff... just a crazy year last year!
    I seriously doubt SS takes up much useful space as it is.

but I too get those -250 sportsmanship games with Texas Tech. apparently even only throwing on 3rd and long late in the game = bad sportsmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    9) Do dominant nose-tackles, particularly in a 3-4 defense, actually command a double team, particularly in the run game?

What do you mean by command? Just that they are unblockable?
    For the most part, yes. If you have a 340 pound monster at nose, the center should generally not be able to move him off the ball or keep him from stuffing interior runs without having a double team.

Also, in terms of this improved zone coverage, did you feel like there was a lot of differentiation between players/teams? If I have a team full of players with high zone ratings, will I notice a significant difference compared to a team with low zone ratings? For years and years now the game has basically been such that defensive productivity mostly relied on a handful of athletic ability ratings (speed, jump, strength, block shed, etc...) and man coverage ratings, with no real benefit to "smart" teams that have high zone and play recognition ratings. With the new zone system, do we see more differentiation in comparing how really smart/experienced defenses will play as compared to less experienced ones?

Is there any major penalty for playing a defender with lower zone and awareness type ratings? Is it possible for there to be coverage "busts" that result in big plays which are directly tied to defensive ratings, and not some global AI flaw that happens regardless of talent? If there are coverage busts, how often, in general, do they occur?

If anyone played as Texas, is the turf in the game this year?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasFevour View Post
    ^

Oneback ^

Quote Originally Posted by TexasFevour View Post
    xRomo9 played as Texas I believe, so did Oneback I'm guessing. They would be the guys to ask. I saw people using them, but didn't catch the field surface.

Arkansas State's field surface is updated though not completely accurate. It's accurate to a rendering prior to last season but it's inaccurate to some changes they made when they actually installed the surface. As well, they made some minor changes to the stadium, specifically a retaining wall that surrounds the field.

One thing that I don't think has been covered too much; I'm one of those dorks that does the "Pump Up Crowd" when I play at home on defense, and it's amazing to hear a big stadium--like "The Big House" in Michigan--start roaring as fans are stomping on the bleachers. Definitely wasn't in NCAA 11 and it's one of those great details that people are going to love in NCAA 12.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Arkansas State's field surface is updated though not completely accurate. It's accurate to a rendering prior to last season but it's inaccurate to some changes they made when they actually installed the surface. As well, they made some minor changes to the stadium, specifically a retaining wall that surrounds the field.
    so the endzones dont have that open look now? its more of a border behind the endzones ? I liked the open ended look...

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    so the endzones dont have that open look now? its more of a border behind the endzones ? I liked the open ended look...
    Here's a pretty good shot of it... notice the light brown brick
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Field_View.jpg

Did anyone play as Arkansas?

Quote Originally Posted by rhombic21 View Post
    For the most part, yes. If you have a 340 pound monster at nose, the center should generally not be able to move him off the ball or keep him from stuffing interior runs without having a double team.

Also, in terms of this improved zone coverage, did you feel like there was a lot of differentiation between players/teams? If I have a team full of players with high zone ratings, will I notice a significant difference compared to a team with low zone ratings? For years and years now the game has basically been such that defensive productivity mostly relied on a handful of athletic ability ratings (speed, jump, strength, block shed, etc...) and man coverage ratings, with no real benefit to "smart" teams that have high zone and play recognition ratings. With the new zone system, do we see more differentiation in comparing how really smart/experienced defenses will play as compared to less experienced ones?

Is there any major penalty for playing a defender with lower zone and awareness type ratings? Is it possible for there to be coverage "busts" that result in big plays which are directly tied to defensive ratings, and not some global AI flaw that happens regardless of talent? If there are coverage busts, how often, in general, do they occur?
    As the guys were saying that were there last week the DT's were over powered so I will defer to them to answer or we may have to look into it further at the next community day.

As for zone coverage I would argue that zone ratings mattered this year, that being said I was more focused on the technique being used rather than the players. I did see some breakdowns in coverage but cannot tell you if it were due to ratings or code at that time. The last event I went to was a month and a half ago. I'll look into this further on out next trip as well.

Not a shocker from some of the other sites but just received word that we can officially confirm that Custom Playbooks are in the game. We can't give any details to them but expect more info in the coming weeks. Additionally, Custom Playbooks are in Madden NFL 12 and they work with your gameplans/GameFlow.

That's really all we can say on the subject at this point.

This has been a great thread to read, love the early impressions from this build that you all played. It's crazy, I live in Jacksonville right now, next year somebody come pick me up just so I can watch

Not a shocker from some of the other sites but just received word that we can officially confirm that Custom Playbooks are in the game. We can't give any details to them but expect more info in the coming weeks. Additionally, Custom Playbooks are in Madden NFL 12 and they work with your gameplans/GameFlow.

That's really all we can say on the subject at this point.
    I assume that means you cannot confirm/deny the even further details provided by: OS; ESPN; etc.... on how it works?

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I assume that means you cannot confirm/deny the even further details provided by: OS; ESPN; etc.... on how it works?
    Correct. That really is all we can say on the subject at this point.

How is the commentating? Their no emotion commentating kinda bugged me in '11 lol

Here's a pretty good shot of it... notice the light brown brick
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Field_View.jpg
    I've always enjoyed taking Ark. State and turning them into a team to be reckoned with... but now, the stadium changes, the new uni's... I don't see me playing w/ them this year. And that sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkHogs View Post
    How is the commentating? Their no emotion commentating kinda bugged me in '11 lol
    Other than the game highlights/halftime recap that we've mentioned previously, for the most part the commentary is similar to last year. Of course new lines were added (as they are every year) but the system itself is largely the same.

Just an opinion but I think a big part of the reason for that is that college football is a different beast entirely to any other sports game. The reason being, if they wanted to add true emotion, the best they could do would be to record all of the various lines with each individual team instead of using the [insert team here] style. Obviously though to do that would be not only a huge undertaking regarding time/effort but also huge in regards to the amount of disc space that it would take. That said, I think they still have capability to improve in the future but I think there will be hurdles along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
    I've always enjoyed taking Ark. State and turning them into a team to be reckoned with... but now, the stadium changes, the new uni's... I don't see me playing w/ them this year. And that sucks!
    Any reason why corrections/updates would deter you from playing with a team?

Hey guys,

To those that played the game, was the 3D grass still there during gameplay? Some people are speculating it's still 2D (or vintage "carpet" field) during gameplay and only 3D during the cutscenes and what not.

Can any of you that played give an answer as to which it is, and if it's there during gameplay how it looks in comparison with past versions?