Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 NBA Playoffs

• Facebook
  • Display
    This is set up all too perfectly for LeBron to get his title.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    This is set up all too perfectly for LeBron to get his title.
    I know. It pisses me off. The Heat are pretty much a shoe-in for the East spot in the Finals now if they can finish off Boston (Rondo getting hurt was the final foot falling for the Celtics, unfortunately). Chicago is so dysfunctional, it's nuts but they actually match up the best with Miami and pose the greatest threat to actually beat them.

You know, after thinking about it, maybe the Heat aren't shoe-ins after all cause Atlanta definitely matches up well with them too so maybe it'll not be so easy after all for the south beach crew.

If you aren't watching Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals, you're doing yourself a disservice by missing out on two of the great scorers in the game going at it trying to will their teams to win the first game of the series. Dirk and Durant are two of the prettiest pure shooters in the game.

What good looking guy said this:

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I have Dallas, Oklahoma City, Chicago, and Miami. Dallas beats Oklahoma City. Miami beats Chicago. Miami beats Dallas.
    Think I should buy a lottery ticket?

What good looking guy said this:

Think I should buy a lottery ticket?
    I sure hope you're wrong about the last part. A-Rod and Lebron are my 2 least favorite athletes of all time. ...and I live in Dallas and I'm a huge Mavs fan!

Mavs are gonna beat 'em. Dirk is unstoppable 1 on 1, and his supporting cast are all knockdown shooters which means any double team leaves a potential 20 point game for someone.

Yeah but I think the Mavs will have a tough time containing LeBron, Wade and Bosh at this point of the season..throw out the regular season because that means nothing now. Who do they help out on? And they just may let Dirk get his all day long similar to what Atlanta did to Dwight Howard

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Yeah but I think the Mavs will have a tough time containing LeBron, Wade and Bosh at this point of the season..throw out the regular season because that means nothing now. Who do they help out on? And they just may let Dirk get his all day long similar to what Atlanta did to Dwight Howard
    Mavs will play zone defense and force Wade and LeBron to shoot jumpers (aka, miss most of their shots) as not getting caught on the pick and rolls will result in less penetration opportunities for Wade and LeBron.

As for letting Dirk get his, that's what the Lakers and Thunder tried doing, and it didn't turn out very well for them did it? Lakers started double teaming Dirk and then everyone else started picking up. Thunder did the same thing, and won one game because of some excellent team defense (and the Mavs shot the ball really poorly).

That game last night was pretty sickening. The Mavs bandwagon is going to be very full....I just hope I can get a seat.

If the Bulls had another scoring threat besides D-Rose, I think they win the series. Dallas has those shooters & scoring options, so I'm picking them in 6 or 7.

15-2 run to finish the game

Go Dallas, more motivation now. Since the Celts were knocked out, I wanted to see Dirk get a ring. Now I want to see Dirk get a ring and LeBron fail in the finals.

What is up with Pippen? Is he high?

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nb...ory?id=6599168

I'm rooting for Miami to win it. Everyone I know wants to see Miami fail (during the regular season, during every round of the playoffs, etc) just because of LeBron. Well, there's gotta be at least one asshole in every group who roots for the guy everyone else hates, just because he can.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I'm rooting for Miami to win it. Everyone I know wants to see Miami fail (during the regular season, during every round of the playoffs, etc) just because of LeBron. Well, there's gotta be at least one asshole in every group who roots for the guy everyone else hates, just because he can.
    Sorry...you're not allowed to root for Miami! . I actually don't mind Wade or Bosh or any other player on the Heat except Lebron.

I'm not afraid to admit it. I love LeBron. I've been on his bandwagon since his high school days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is up with Pippen? Is he high?

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nb...ory?id=6599168
    Nope, just EXTREMELY jealous of Michael Jordan and has a serious axe to grind because of it.

I never liked Lebron. NEVER. He's a cocky little bitch and just confirmed it all with his little "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" bullshit. Riding the coattails of one of the best players in the game (Wade).

I hope the fool never wins a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Nope, just EXTREMELY jealous of Michael Jordan and has a serious axe to grind because of it.
    He ought to just accept the fact that Mike made him a top 50 guy. Would Mike have won 6 without Pip? Probably not but Pip wouldn't be the player he was without Mike putting some fire under his ass. Pip needed Mike more then Mike needed Pip but neither would be as great as they were without each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never liked Lebron. NEVER. He's a cocky little bitch and just confirmed it all with his little "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" bullshit. Riding the coattails of one of the best players in the game (Wade).

I hope the fool never wins a championship.
    +1

Hell have you ever read The Jordan Rules? Great book.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    That game last night was pretty sickening. The Mavs bandwagon is going to be very full....I just hope I can get a seat.

If the Bulls had another scoring threat besides D-Rose, I think they win the series. Dallas has those shooters & scoring options, so I'm picking them in 6 or 7.
    Go to hell! There's no room left here! I kid, but I'm ridiculously excited... So much so that I will not comment any further for fear of jinxing them! Go Mavs!!!!

*Just my thoughts- Lebron is a hell of a bball player & during gameplay, while the clock is running he's pretty fun to watch. But all of the dancing and showboating & taking talents places makes me wanna puke! Can't stand him. That and he travels, ALOT!
    Last edited by Kwizzy; 05-27-2011 at 01:34 PM.