Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 NBA Playoffs

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

2011 NBA Playoffs

Can't believe no one is talking about any of the playoff games starting today.

Philadelphia made the Miami game quite interesting. Looked like they were going to blow them out at first and then Miami came out roaring and then the 76ers came back and made it a game and almost pulled it off. I'd laugh my ass off if the 76ers "upset" the Heat in the first wrong.

Chicago looked great and the Hawks, once again, prove why the Magic will never be a championship caliber team. Howard can't play real defense (yet continues to win defensive player of the year because he's great at blocking shots, but he's terrible at boxing out and prevent offensive rebounds) gets in foul trouble WAY too much, and nevermind his inability to hit free throws.

Then we have the Dallas - Portland game. The "everyone but Dallas fans thinks Portland is going to win this series" series. I hope Dallas actually does something for once in the playoffs. I feel terrible for Dirk, being as amazing of a player as he is to continually be on such a terribly inconsistent team. So far, it looks like Dallas came to play leading 53-43 in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

Damn, what a set of games today so far!

Boston survives one of the best games Stoudamire has ever played against good competition; Lakers are upset by a VERY dangerous Hornets team; Memphis beats the Spurs without Ginobili (but absolutely dominated them inside with Randolph and Gasol).

Just gotta hope Oklahoma plays up to their potential, cause they are ridiculously talented but Denver has been playing such great basketball without Carmelo to hog the ball it's gonna be another tough series.

What a great set of first games! Here's hoping my mavs get their act together so they don't have to come back like that any more. Not saying I think that'll happen, Portland is a good team, but I can hope right? Really looking forward to the rest of the playoffs and hoping San Antonio and/or LA get knocked off. My prediction is that one will, 79% of 7 game series are eventually won by the team that wins the first game.

Chicago has had their hands full with the Pacers. This series might end up going 6 or 7 at this rate. Game 3 will tell all.

I wouldn't doubt it at all Chris. Pacers are a hell of a talented team when they play within themselves and probably got the steal of the draft in Paul George, who, while inconsistent, has been really great for them in spurts. He's going to be one talented player for them for years to come.

I'm actually kinda sad to see the 76ers get blown out in game 2. I was hoping for a more competitive series. Hopefully they get their heads back on straight at home and make it a series.

Three huge games tonight. Can Boston hold off the Knicks? Will Orlando respond against Atlanta? Does Dallas really have a prayer of winning their series against Portland?

Chauncey looks to be out again for the Boston game...I think Boston will win by double digits tonight. I'm not sold on Orlando....and Dallas/Portland will go 7 I bet.

First game of the day, Heat/76ers, starting in a few minutes. Do the Heat and Celtics end things today and sweep their series? Do the Hawks take the commanding 3-1 lead? Do the Hornets square things back up with the two time defending champs?

Some great games today. 76ers manage to get a win and avoid getting swept by the Heat, the Celtics finish off the Knicks in 4 games, Atlanta wins again to take a 3-1 lead over Orlando, and the Hornets pick up another victory to even things up against the Lakers. God I love the playoffs!

Well, well, well, how about those Grizzlies. Destroyed the big bad Spurs by 18 points earlier to take a 3-1 series lead. I think the Spurs will win the next game to make it 3-2, but in the end, I see the Grizzlies knocking off the top seed in 6 games.

And finally, the Nuggets got a game to go their way and were on the winning end of a fistfight to the end.

I'm disappointed in the Thunder. They should be sitting at home waiting for the Grizzlies to finish off the Spurs, not playing another game against the pesky Nuggets. They absolutely must end it next game to prevent anymore time spent against the Nuggets.

LOVE seeing what the Grizzlies are doing to the Spurs. That is some GREAT basketball to watch. Love that it's no one player on the team but a complete team effort each and every night with different players playing huge roles at different times. It'll be interesting to see them play against the Thunder.

Huge games tonight as well.

Can Orlando hold on and make it 3-2 against a Hawks team that looks very dangerous or will the Hawks call it done and complete an upset that VERY few thought would happen?

Can New Orleans get another game on the Lakers' home court? Boy would that be huge for their chances if they could. What is wrong with Gasol? He's getting absolutely terrorized down low by New Orleans and playing probably his worst series in 4 years.

And, finally, the Bulls. Is DRose ok? Will he be full strength? Can they possibly beat the Pacers without him at full strength?

Intrigue, mystery, suspense? This is probably the best NBA Playoffs in several years. God I love parity.

And the Memphis Grizzlies have defeated the big bad San Antonio Spurs 4 games to 2!

For only the second time in the Best of 7 series format, the fourth time altogether in NBA history, a #8 seed has knocked off a #1 seed. Last time was the Golden State Warriors defeating the Dallas Mavericks 4–2 in the 2007 Western Conference First Round.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 04-29-2011 at 10:45 PM.

Sunday, game on.

Awesome! The intrigue of the Grizzlies vs the Thunder is RIDICULOUSLY...intriguing? I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Awesome! The intrigue of the Grizzlies vs the Thunder is RIDICULOUSLY...intriguing? I can't wait!

yeah, its called playing to see who loses the next round.

ho hum yyaawwnn, the Lakers will be in the finals again. haha

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    And the Memphis Grizzlies have defeated the big bad San Antonio Spurs 4 games to 2!

For only the second time in the Best of 7 series format, the fourth time altogether in NBA history, a #8 seed has knocked off a #1 seed. Last time was the Golden State Warriors defeating the Dallas Mavericks 4–2 in the 2007 Western Conference First Round.
    San Antonio has gotten older, its not like its some great surprise

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    yeah, its called playing to see who loses the next round.

ho hum yyaawwnn, the Lakers will be in the finals again. haha
    Nah, Thunder have the pieces to beat the Lakers. No doubt about that, especially if Harden keeps playing like he has been, giving the Thunder another scoring threat off the dribble.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Nah, Thunder have the pieces to beat the Lakers. No doubt about that, especially if Harden keeps playing like he has been, giving the Thunder another scoring threat off the dribble.
    if the lakers lose, its because they are soft from already getting it all or Kobe is showing a little age.
    I see the Lakers making the Finals to lose to who ever wins in the East.

the Lakers making the finals is pretty much the SO. Cal. unofficial holiday and we must not let that die yet haha

Chicago should take care of the Hawks. I see the Celtics beating the Heat. Lakers should win in 7 against Dallas. And OKC should take care of the Grizziles. Happy to see the Spurs out of it though. hate that team with a passion.

I have Dallas, Oklahoma City, Chicago, and Miami. Dallas beats Oklahoma City. Miami beats Chicago. Miami beats Dallas.