Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Thoughts & General Impressions Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Saw this over on the EA FORUMS from Dewiel:

Hey Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters fans we are producing a Top 5 from Augusta National showcasing YOU the FANS. If you want to be featured in an ESPN style countdown send the EASPORTS.com link of your best shots at Augusta National to contests@ea.com. Come back Wednesday, April 9th to see if you were featured in the first ever Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Top 5 Shots. Submissions start NOW!

Alright, I might finally have this game by next week. :rolleyes:

My order on Amazon just finally updated this afternoon from Not Yet Shipped to Shipping Soon, even though I pre-ordered it Sunday afternoon after the $25 deal popped up. Took them long enough just to even start getting it ready to ship.

my game is on the kitchen table 800 miles away, hope to crank this baby up late Friday night.

Took on Augusta National in my first season of Road to the Masters on the PGA TOUR tonight; what an epic experience. It would seem as though the tournament "forces" certain gameplay restrictions--no power boost and no post-shot spin, for example--and putting is very unforgiving if you're not spot-on. With my difficulty on "Pro", I managed -8 over the four rounds for a one-stroke victory as I bogeyed #18 in the final round.

Got a ton of XP for winning the Masters--almost as much as I transferred from maxing out the demo XP--but was a little disappointed to see that there was no presentation of the Green Jacket to my golfer. Guess it would've been difficult to account for all of the possible created golfers when making a cutscene like that though.

I submitted the video linked here for the Top 5 Shots at the Masters in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters:
    Long Birdie Putt on Hole #10 at Augusta National

That was in the third round and the shot was just over 50 feet from the cup. I was only at Bronze-level course mastery so the caddy's putting suggestion was red (low confidence). I had no choice but to gauge what I thought was right and hope to end up close enough to the hole for a two-putt; thankfully my guess was better than expected.

Loving the game so far; just got my golfer up to 70-70-70-70 in stats.

Awesome putt, Paakaa. As usual, that's my biggest weakness in the series. It improved quite a bit playing in the TGA last year, but still not where I want or need it to be.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I agree. That's a freakin' Tiger putt there. That was pretty freakin' awesome. I would have been cheering after making that one.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Alright, I might finally have this game by next week. :rolleyes:

My order on Amazon just finally updated this afternoon from Not Yet Shipped to Shipping Soon, even though I pre-ordered it Sunday afternoon after the $25 deal popped up. Took them long enough just to even start getting it ready to ship.
    Thats weird. I ordered mine on the 29th. It said the game would be in stock today April 1st and that expected delivery was April 6th initially. Then it changed to April 4th.

Well I get an email saying my credit is in my account, then I checked the deivlery date and it says today and its out for delivery now.

I have the Prime membership and set it to ship as soon as items become available preference.

Thanks cdj, morsdraconis.

I already relayed my immediate reaction to that putt through Twitter, but I'll recount here for dramatic purposes.

Sitting on the edge of the bed playing, start to stand up as the ball gets closer, then jump off of the bed and fist pump when the putt is sunk. This obviously grabs my wife's attention, and she hadn't really been paying any attention to the game to that point. I show the instant replay from a couple angles, savoring my victory, and then she says:

"That would have been much more impressive if you'd done it in real life."

As Chris said before: BUZZKILL.

The next few minutes were spent trying to figure out how in the hell to save the replay so I could submit it; it's been a few years since I've played a Tiger game. Finally figured out I could push R2 for EA Gamernet and there were a couple options: saving the last shot, the last hole, or (I forget the last option). When I finished the round I went to my EA Gamernet information through the initial menu and my "local" highlights had the shot. Really cool how easy it was to save and upload the highlight once I knew what it required.

Even cooler, however, is that I can set up that putt as an EA Gamernet challenge and set some parameters for "win" condition; I could upload it so that people playing online could take the challenge of that putt and only win by sinking it, or I could ease up and make the "win" condition just getting the ball close to the cup. Once I get the opportunity to fully mess around with it later, I'll probably put it online and link it here or specify how to search for it so people here could try that shot as well.

Can't wait for the next BUZZKILL when I upload that dramatic shot--thinking few will be able to beat it--and then a whole host of players easily notch the victory. Oh well.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    Sitting on the edge of the bed playing, start to stand up as the ball gets closer, then jump off of the bed and fist pump when the putt is sunk. This obviously grabs my wife's attention, and she hadn't really been paying any attention to the game to that point. I show the instant replay from a couple angles, savoring my victory, and then she says:

"That would have been much more impressive if you'd done it in real life."
    They sure know how to put it all in perspective don't they?

It wasn't on Augusta, but I nailed a 50 foot putt on Tour Pro with no putt preview the other night, about crapped my pants.

Played my 1st event last night, the Holiday Amateur on Tour Pro. Finished T12 with a +7, leader was at +5. Noticed Jeremy Bennett was right above me with +7 as well

1st general impressions are pretty positive. Averaged 1.97 putts which I was pretty happy with.

I

Question - When the caddie tells you he wants you to 2 putt, is his recommendations to put your close or to hole the putt?

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Question - When the caddie tells you he wants you to 2 putt, is his recommendations to put your close or to hole the putt?
    Yeah because there is a good chance you're not going to make the putt....so the best play is to lag the putt to make sure you're going to get out of there with a par.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    It wasn't on Augusta, but I nailed a 50 foot putt on Tour Pro with no putt preview the other night, about crapped my pants.
    Pissing contest: commence!

Video or GTFO!

Need someone to teach me how to putt. For whatever reason I seem to hit a very high % of fairways/greens but then my game goes to hell on the green. I use focus and the caddie's recommedation but my putts are AWFUL. It seems like the putting is more sensitive to how you move the stick down and back up. Do you guys just use one finger on the stick or two? I've been using two but I'm thinking about trying just using my thumb while putting to see if that will solve some of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Need someone to teach me how to putt. For whatever reason I seem to hit a very high % of fairways/greens but then my game goes to hell on the green. I use focus and the caddie's recommedation but my putts are AWFUL. It seems like the putting is more sensitive to how you move the stick down and back up. Do you guys just use one finger on the stick or two? I've been using two but I'm thinking about trying just using my thumb while putting to see if that will solve some of the problem.
    I just use my thumb. As well, make sure to use the XP to build up your golfer's attribute. Not sure which one it is called but it is what determines how badly you'll miss based on your pull of the stick. After getting my golfer decent in most other areas, I put big concentration on that one and on the target circle for all shots. That way I sort of know what I'm going to get in most instances instead of relying on bad luck.

I just use my thumb. I use the same motion as when I swing. I have noticed that it's very sensitive to hitting the sweet spot. I was getting frustrated last night as I was constantly shooting past the hole, but was always close enough to tap it in, and I seemed to always miss it right which I think is my swing.

You might want to try tuning your swing.

CLW - you might also want to try switching which stick swings for you. I had to switch mine as I'm much smoother with the right thumb than the left.

If you go to the Online Menu for EA SPORTS Gamernet and select Online Challenges, you can find my challenge for the putt posted here. Look under "Free Style" and search by "Player"--"Online ID" using my ID "Paakaa10" to bring up "Long Birdie Putt Masters."

Looking forward to somebody trying it and putting me in my place!

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Thats weird. I ordered mine on the 29th. It said the game would be in stock today April 1st and that expected delivery was April 6th initially. Then it changed to April 4th.

Well I get an email saying my credit is in my account, then I checked the deivlery date and it says today and its out for delivery now.

I have the Prime membership and set it to ship as soon as items become available preference.
    Yeah, it JUST finally shipped out this morning. Depending on where it shipped from (usually either from Amazon's distribution center in Kentucky or Indiana), I could potentially have it by tomorrow, otherwise I'm guessing Monday. No clue what the hell happened with this order. This is the first time it has taken nearly an entire week for something to ship, never even 4 days if you just count from the day the game was actually released. I would have canceled yesterday and just gone and bought the game locally, like I had been planning to all along, since it was taking so long, but I wanted that $25 credit, so I decided to stick through it and wait.