Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Thoughts & General Impressions Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Thoughts & General Impressions Thread

Now that the game is out, use this thread to post your thoughts, impressions, general questions & discussions, and more!

One thing to keep in mind in the career mode, from Mike DeVault:

"This DLC thing is getting blown way out of proportion. Each tournament in Road to The Masters has a star rating. The DLC course tournaments are rated very low so skipping them in career is literally like a blip on the radar. They are in there basically as a courtesy to those players who have bought the courses and are in no way a requirement in completing your career in Road to The Masters successfully."

Anyone up for some golf tonight or later this afternoon? Maybe some President's Cup action if there are enough of us? (PS3)

I should be around after my dentist appointment at 5:30.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Anyone up for some golf tonight or later this afternoon? Maybe some President's Cup action if there are enough of us? (PS3)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I should be around after my dentist appointment at 5:30.
    Assuming my game comes via UPS/Amazon (according to UPS it is out for delivery to my home) I am down. I probably wont be available until about 7-8 pm EST tonight.

Mother F. My game didn't even ship yet. I ordered it yesterday with 2 day delivery and my expected delivery is April 1.... WTF

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Mother F. My game didn't even ship yet. I ordered it yesterday with 2 day delivery and my expected delivery is April 1.... WTF
    Gotta get that 1 day shipping. I tried to change my order yesterday and was told it was already being processed. This morning got an e-mail saying it was out and I checked and the game had already made it from Louisville to Connecticut.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Gotta get that 1 day shipping. I tried to change my order yesterday and was told it was already being processed. This morning got an e-mail saying it was out and I checked and the game had already made it from Louisville to Connecticut.
    Yeah I should have stepped up and did it. 2 day was free with Prime Trial.

Yeah if you get it within a few days of release, Amazon has been offering $1 release day delivery on most major video game titles. I got it with NASCAR 2011 today, just got a call from my apartment office saying I got a package.

Yeah if you get it within a few days of release, Amazon has been offering $1 release day delivery on most major video game titles. I got it with NASCAR 2011 today, just got a call from my apartment office saying I got a package.
    yeah Release day delivery was .99 on the collector's edition but I changed to get the $25 credit but had to sacrifice shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    yeah Release day delivery was .99 on the collector's edition but I changed to get the $25 credit but had to sacrifice shipping.
    [CENSORED] I get home from a LONG day and I was looking forward to playing Tiger and Nascar only to see no package at my door. I go to track and the following message shows up:

Warwick, RI, United States 03/29/2011 7:52 P.M. The package was missed at the UPS facility, UPS will deliver on the next business day.
    03/29/2011 8:06 A.M. Out For Delivery
    03/29/2011 7:30 A.M. Arrival Scan
    03/29/2011 7:03 A.M. Departure Scan
    03/29/2011 6:46 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Windsor Locks, CT, United States 03/29/2011 6:20 A.M. Departure Scan
    03/29/2011 5:35 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Louisville, KY, United States 03/29/2011 3:59 A.M. Departure Scan
    03/29/2011 1:27 A.M. Origin Scan
    United States 03/28/2011 10:19 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

FedEx FTW UPS FTL!

After seeing and hearing all the reviews, I am trying to talk the wife into letting me get this.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    After seeing and hearing all the reviews, I am trying to talk the wife into letting me get this.

Picked up mine at Game Stop on the way from work today. Just sat down and messed around with the Augusta Par 9 Course to get a feel for the game and set Tour Pro with Live Weather. After going +6 on the first hole, I could see immediately that the game will be sensitive for sure. Ended up finishing +7

Putting will be a beast for sure. However, I think that once XP starts to get added to things, it might be easier.

Note: You will find that the Left Stick/Right Stick (LS/RS) setting is not under the main options page. Once you intially select any type of round, you can go to the options screen prior to playing the first hole and change the LS/RS setting. It appears that it saves the setting for future rounds. However, I do not know if this will reset itself like it did in TW11 when you play online.

Been playing for a while and it's a really strong game entry for the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR series. I didn't pick up the game over the last two years with money issues and saving up to get NCAA Football/Madden NFL in the course of the year, but this was definitely a good year to get back into things.

For anybody who hasn't grabbed the retail game yet, playing the demo up to the XP cap (40,000) on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 will allow you to boost your created golfer to around 45-45-45-45 in beginning stats. It might not sound like a big deal, but it definitely helps out. I got to skip the local tour thanks to beating the demo, and it only took a single tournament on the AM Tour and a single tournament on the Nationwide Tour before getting the invite to Q School. Won the Q School event and got my PGA Tour pass. Don't think I'll be qualifying for The Masters in my first season, but I'm still working through the lead-up events now.

It's a no-brainer buy for any golf fans, as far as I'm concerned.

The problem with skipping the local tour is you're going to miss seeing my name on the leaderboards in career mode

The problem with skipping the local tour is you're going to miss seeing my name on the leaderboards in career mode
    Didn't see you but I beat out Jake Stein

I saw Rob Semsey (EA PR Rep) on my leaderboard and defeated him.

Anyone have any freezes or issues? Ran into a hard freeze doing a GamerNet Challenge, but that's been about it here.

Passed three Masters Challenges...it's going to be tough to Master them.

Man I suck on the 360 LOL played against Game Changer Oblong and Dougie, and I shot +1 at Augusta on just Pro....good thing I'm playing on the PS3 for the league for some reason on my downswing for shots and putts I bend it and that's why I struggle, but yet I don't do it on the PS3.