Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NCAA Football 11 - Offensive Styles: Spread Offense

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    CD guys, I don't know if you can answer this or not but are there zone read to bubble plays? They are a zone read and if the QB pulls he has the option to throw the bubble, it is pretty much like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkmWt3MZxUI
    I am pretty sure there is.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I am pretty sure there is.
    That is great. I'm glad they have gotten in a bunch of new plays to mess around with.

Anyone know if shovel pass is in? Or would that possibly be announced in another offensive style blog?

Oh man that is REALLY SWEET!

So CD guys, what happens on that bubble when both wr are covered up at the line, as opposed to the CB backing off? I mean at that point running (or audible obviously before snap) is the only option right? Because the wr comes in and whacks the defender so there is no available option down the field without a Offensive PI now, right?

A couple other things I notice: From the read option video - Why does the guard combo and release instead of the tackle on that first handoff? The play's going to the B gap, so that tackle should combo scrape instead, unless the rb just bellied it too wide, which is possible I suppose. The combo is supposed to seal that DT to the opposite side of the hole, which doesn't necessarily happen, as he gets released from the block in the hole (but the play's already through). Oh well, a minor detail, the lead up from the scrape is just weird because of it.

Same video - I LOVE that the reading DE is using choppy steps while reading, he's not just standing there in cement, he's gradually closing down the angle on the qb. That makes me think that the DE contain is going to accomplish something very similar now, and it will be tougher to get outside a moving DE without bubbling. Hopefully that's the case. Also with the same defender I love that once he realizes the rb doesn't have the ball on the crash, he stops and retraces his steps. From the read it sounded like no matter what happened he was going to tackle that rb, but the video shows he at least could potentially get back in the play by chasing it from behind, as opposed to being an rb magnetic robot.

On that draw play the referee gets caught avoiding and bouncing off players in the wash. He doesn't impede the player's progress though, which I think is good.

First real good look at UO throwbacks, they look very good. Also I know from the first time we saw the UO field it looked yellow or something very shiny, but it seems like it was a lighting issue with the camera, and looks good.

There are definitely more than the 5 formations they highlighted there that are new, and they look deliciously fun. Hopefully several to many new plays were added as well, to complete the transformation, as opposed to the same plays from different sets. Is the Wolverine split a Michigan specific formation, or a general spread formation? I am wondering why 3 of those are blue outlined and 2 are red. Maybe it's a 'team color' thing though.

OMG, that is gorgeous. Combo blocks, reading the DE, the WRs going and finding blocks......that was my biggest wishlist stuff from last year's version.

It would be cool if you could adjust the defensive tendency to crash the DE all the time and scrape with the backside LB on the QB, as that is how teams are countering these days..........naturally leaving other stuff open though. Hi, chess match.

man if QB#8 from oregon was able to play this year he would be the poster boy for the read option

Quote Originally Posted by champ195797 View Post
    man if QB#8 from oregon was able to play this year he would be the poster boy for the read option
    +1.

But who in the right mind steals a laptop and a guitar.. WTF?

+1.

He should have used his read option skills and chose one or the other. :p

+1.

+1
    LOL i'm with you when you're right

I am excited to try out the quad formations, but I really hope EA dedicates a blog to defense soon.

Another question. Does any team run a 2 sided bubble screen? wouldn't the backside wr's be doing something different?

a few of you didnt watch the videos very well...

to answer the "zone read to bubble" question... thats what that play is in the zone read "PA Bubble" just like any PA pass you can run now, you can hand it off to the RB if the LB's bail to coverage... just slide your line in 10 and it works the same way... except... DOH... you have no bubble to throw to unless youre running UF's playbook...

and i will watch it again Jay... but i am NEARLY CERTAIN that on the bubble video the backside slot is mirror to the playside call... YUP... just checked... its mirror... ill give you guys a hint... DO NOT THROW IT LIKE THE VIDEO... whoever is running the play is not running it correctly... you ALWAYS want to throw the ball AWAY fromt he RB direction, otherwise on a zone blitz, or run defense, youre going to create unnecessary flow...

but all in all... im am floored at the depth of the release, the good draw blocking, and that OL hustle down field to make blocks makes me weak in the knees... beautiful sexy stuff fellas...

love the empty sets... no more motioning from trips to create quads, and shotgun 5WR Tiger... this is going to be my best birthday EVER... im taking a few days off just for this game... =)

"E"

Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
    and this is going to be my best birthday EVER... im taking a few days off just for this game... =)

"E"

Me too my friend. Taking off a half day on Tuesday the 13th and then the rest of the week. My birthday is Sunday the 18th so hopefully my present can be an evening alone with the game and a couple of beers.

I usually take a week off in July at the beginning of the month but I think I'm going to delay it until the week of NCAA 11's release. I really hope the demo isn't an older and crappy build. The NCAA 10 demo was terrible imo. I saw some glitches I couldn't believe. I tried to let the cpu WR score to go to OT and at the 5 yard line he did a 90 degree turn and ran straight down the 5 yard line until he got tackled.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
    my guess is that there is something that will be in blog 3 that will get announced at E3.
    The other possibility, and the one I'm clinging to, is that it's just taking Russ more time than expected to write up the third blog. Personally, I'd be surprised (though I guess not totally) to see anything related to CPU recruiting (which we know is the subject of the third blog) at E3.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Also keep in mind, there are a ton of E3 meetings going on in the past week, and this week. So those guys are probably not as free.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    My birthday is Sunday the 18th
    15th here... =)

"E"

Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
    15th here... =)

"E"
    My Dad's is the 15th. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Another question. Does any team run a 2 sided bubble screen? wouldn't the backside wr's be doing something different?
    There are teams that run it.

Everything looks good, very interested to try out the new formations and plays. Also the playcalling menus look alot like last-gen, which I like..

Seriously though, Unless you have a Qtrs/Qtrs/Half coverage out of your base alignments, this is going to be even more of a freaking headache offense to deal with.