Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 11 - Offensive Styles: Spread Offense

• Facebook
  • Display

Article: NCAA Football 11 - Offensive Styles: Spread Offense

The dude abides.

I am glad to hear them talking more about the spread. So are they going to be breaking down different versions of the spread through the weeks, or will the next blog be about, for example, the one back set?

Bubble screen being implemented is huge! I have been waiting for this play for a long time coming. We ran it a couple years ago when I was in high school and it proves to be very succesful if the guys block correctly. I know because I was the one receiving the pass on the play lol.

Does any CD guys know if the same blocking logic will come into play on zone read pass? ex) if the end crashes will the QB have the option to run and/or pass? and if the end stays I assume the QB would just hand off to the RB as normal, is that correct?

Wow that was thorough. Very good read. First video link does not seem to work, however.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Wow that was thorough. Very good read. First video link does not seem to work, however.
    Yeah they must have entered the embed code in wrong, I'll check later to see if they have the code updated and working.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Yes it was. Again, showing how they are more focused on the community. It is good to see them post very elaborate and informational blogs explaining things in detail, then showing vids of each situation and the outcomes.

With these new formations the spread is looking to be killer this year. Users will really have to gameplan accordingly to effectively stop the spread this year. Good thing formation subs are in

Very, very cool. Just more and more good news.

What happened to blog 3 of 3? Isn't there one more dynasty blog to come?

I can finally run the read option with Denard! So excited for this

I saw a shotgun formation called Bazooka(in the last picture), I don't recall that being in NCAA 10.
    also 5 WR Tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Very, very cool. Just more and more good news.

What happened to blog 3 of 3? Isn't there one more dynasty blog to come?
    my guess is that there is something that will be in blog 3 that will get announced at E3.

Did you guys notice in the background on the mo cap videos it looks like they are watching game film of read options.

Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
    I am glad to hear them talking more about the spread. So are they going to be breaking down different versions of the spread through the weeks, or will the next blog be about, for example, the one back set?

Bubble screen being implemented is huge! I have been waiting for this play for a long time coming. We ran it a couple years ago when I was in high school and it proves to be very succesful if the guys block correctly. I know because I was the one receiving the pass on the play lol.

Does any CD guys know if the same blocking logic will come into play on zone read pass? ex) if the end crashes will the QB have the option to run and/or pass? and if the end stays I assume the QB would just hand off to the RB as normal, is that correct?
    Yes, but that will be to you to read and decide, it won't be automatic. I really had a lot of fun messing with the zone read and bubble screen when I was playing the game.

yep good read, now I'm ready for the next one

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yes, but that will be to you to read and decide, it won't be automatic. I really had a lot of fun messing with the zone read and bubble screen when I was playing the game.
    Yeah I was just making sure the same logic came into play when running the zone read passes. Good to hear.

It'll be interesting to see if some elite defenses will still be able to stop zone read even if you make the correct read. Play calling on defense would probably come into play here as well. Which makes me hope they have added some new defensive schemes and plays to combat the new offensive plays and formations.

I hope they added that bubble screen to Texas Tech's playbook as well.

no mention of shovel pass, so I guess those are a no go? or would that be mostly for Run & Shoot and Air Raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
    I hope they added that bubble screen to Texas Tech's playbook as well.

no mention of shovel pass, so I guess those are a no go? or would that be mostly for Run & Shoot and Air Raid?
    If they have the shovel pass, I think every run and shoot guy in here would throw a party lol. Heck, even I would because it's such a big part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
    If they have the shovel pass, I think every run and shoot guy in here would throw a party lol. Heck, even I would because it's such a big part of it.
    same for the Air Raid guys. lol I've been wanting the shovel pass for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
    same for the Air Raid guys. lol I've been wanting the shovel pass for years now.
    Yeah. It was in last gen.

Well this would be the perfect year to add the shovel pass in with all these new offensive sets. It would fit right in and make a lot of people happy. It wouldn't be a killer if it wasn't in though, just something nice lol

CD guys, I don't know if you can answer this or not but are there zone read to bubble plays? They are a zone read and if the QB pulls he has the option to throw the bubble, it is pretty much like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkmWt3MZxUI

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    VERY good read. They have REALLY stepped up their blogs. I cannot wait until they show what they've done with the triple option stuff!

Very good read. Is there any possibility that the bubble screen is some sort of quick audible? Most spread teams just quick check to it if there is an uncovered receiver.