Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 8, 2015

• Facebook
  • Display
    Never mind, didn't see the text from Eric. USC-A&M on tap for tomorrow now.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 03-20-2011 at 08:37 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Escobar and the Jeff/psuexv game/recruiting and Kingpin's recruiting remain.

Sorry guys... I had to cancel on Jeff last night. The game will be played tonight.

I'm done with my recruiting.

A&M quite literally throws the game away against USC. They lose a heartbreaker 41-35 in triple overtime.

The game was decided by, essentially, four passes for Texas A&M. One early interception left points on the board, another incompletion left the Aggies just outside of field goal range, and three consecutive incompletions at midfield stopped the Aggies cold just when they had all the momentum. And an interception on the final play of the game, when everyone in the stadium thought they would throw another touchdown pass, gave the victory to the Trojans.

It was an incredibly even game, as the teams ended up nearly dead even in yards. 452 for A&M, 451 for the Trojans.

QB Darrell Williams, the "running" QB in the Aggie offense, threw 27/42 for 389 yards, with 4 TDs and 2 INTs. Those INTs will probably haunt the young man for the rest of the year, if not longer. All-Everything Joe Walker countered with 27/37 for 358, 4 TDs and, most importantly, zero turnovers.

Great game Eric ... I wanted you to fold it in so many times, but you never let up. Man I wish we could have been on headset for that.

Advance!!!! ?

I think Eric's done with his recruiting (it's not showing him ready), and Kingpin doesn't show ready, but he did post above -- so yes.

ADVANCEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Argh ... and I have a bye week in Week 9, too. Double gut-shot in one night.

What a GREAT game to decide 2nd place in the Pac-10....I wish it was recorded.

Yeah Good game Jeff, I would have loved to been on the headset when you threw that 1st pick It was a very even game and I was actually worried early on as you seemed to be able to keep things going and I couldn't, especially when I missed on 2 3rd and shorts with one throwing to a quick flat and the dude couldn't get 1 yard. My TD right before the half was huge!

Like I said last night I wish I would have tried the 52 yarder with 5 seconds left, but I didn't think I had the leg and thought I could get a couple more yards on a quick slant but I actually gained too many yards and time expired.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa LoneStar View Post
    What a GREAT game to decide 2nd place in the Pac-10....I wish it was recorded.
    Remember where the game is this year big guy.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Remember where the game is this year big guy.
    Haha....I know....just trying to give myself some confidence. I will NOT read ANY good luck texts from Prime before this one....the last 2 games in LA....Prime happened to be online when both of us logged in....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Papa LoneStar View Post
    Haha....I know....just trying to give myself some confidence. I will NOT read ANY good luck texts from Prime before this one....the last 2 games in LA....Prime happened to be online when both of us logged in....lol
    Good to know.... I may have to fill up Prime's Paypal account in exchange for sending some messages.

lol....the first one....he just said good luck....the 2nd game....he said....just take your time and play your game....stay cool under pressure....lol

On the one hand, I wish that game was recorded because I'd love for all of you to be able to see that mess. Though it wouldn't have been the same without my curses and yells.

On the other hand, I am so glad I can't punish myself with "film room" time watching that loss.