Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 (Offense)

• Facebook
  • Display
    I totally agree that PA has it's issues in 11. Chief among them is blocking. There are PA passes that aren't broken though, and there's no way for anyone to accurately say which ones (if any) will work/not work in 12. I guess we'll see in July (well, those of us who are still console gamers at that point will, anyway).

I would tend to agree with those that say that all PA passes ARE broken in the sense that the cpu does not bite on the fake. I would really like to see EA focus on "tendency memory" of some sort. Until the cpu bites on the fake every once and awhile because you've been running it down their throats, PA really isn't living up to it's potential. Even if they do fix the blocking.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    I would tend to agree with those that say that all PA passes ARE broken in the sense that the cpu does not bite on the fake. I would really like to see EA focus on "tendency memory" of some sort. Until the cpu bites on the fake every once and awhile because you've been running it down their throats, PA really isn't living up to it's potential. Even if they do fix the blocking.
    Exactly. The only time the CPU bites on the fake is if you're using the setup play crap (that's horrible conceived). And, even then, because it was so overpowered in '10, they dumbed it down and now they don't even bite on the fake inside of that setup most of the time.

Look, a PA pass shouldn't be a TD every time. And the defense shouldn't bite on it so much that they're completely out of place. But, the PA pass should have some benefit to it if used properly (besides hitting freakin' crossing and drag routes - which are about the only routes that work in a PA pass play because it takes so long to fake the handoff and your QB to spin back around and set his feet), otherwise, what's the point? Right now, you'd better off to just do a passing play from a formation that looks like the same setup of the run that you've been doing than you are to actually do a PA pass from that same setup. Why? Because there's basically no strategic benefit from using the PA pass in this game (unless you're playing against a human player).

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Exactly. The only time the CPU bites on the fake is if you're using the setup play crap (that's horrible conceived). And, even then, because it was so overpowered in '10, they dumbed it down and now they don't even bite on the fake inside of that setup most of the time.

Look, a PA pass shouldn't be a TD every time. And the defense shouldn't bite on it so much that they're completely out of place. But, the PA pass should have some benefit to it if used properly (besides hitting freakin' crossing and drag routes - which are about the only routes that work in a PA pass play because it takes so long to fake the handoff and your QB to spin back around and set his feet), otherwise, what's the point? Right now, you'd better off to just do a passing play from a formation that looks like the same setup of the run that you've been doing than you are to actually do a PA pass from that same setup. Why? Because there's basically no strategic benefit from using the PA pass in this game (unless you're playing against a human player).
    Yeah I want to see the "sugar" play fake added. It DOES take forever to complete a play action. And screen passes need the 1 count "blocking" scheme instead of the sit down and just wait for a second, allowing the d-line past without interference before going to find someone to block. Those 2 additions would make the offense more realistic and I think change the dynamics of the current offense.

Since we're talking Nebraska with that PA pass too, the fake option needs to accomplish the same thing with the flow of the defense. Something needs to be done about the way that D reacts to the fake option.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Yeah I want to see the "sugar" play fake added. It DOES take forever to complete a play action. And screen passes need the 1 count "blocking" scheme instead of the sit down and just wait for a second, allowing the d-line past without interference before going to find someone to block. Those 2 additions would make the offense more realistic and I think change the dynamics of the current offense.

Since we're talking Nebraska with that PA pass too, the fake option needs to accomplish the same thing with the flow of the defense. Something needs to be done about the way that D reacts to the fake option.
    The fake option is a whole 'nother ball of wax. The way they have the option played by the defense is ridiculous, but definitely the defense flowing one way or another is a big issue, but, the biggest issue is the defensive player's ability to change direction on a dime so often (especially when you try to speed burst away from them). You're basically banging your head against the wall if you want to run a shotgun based running game (yes, I know it still works, but you also can't deny the fact that it doesn't work as well as an under center running game).

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    The fake option is a whole 'nother ball of wax. The way they have the option played by the defense is ridiculous, but definitely the defense flowing one way or another is a big issue, but, the biggest issue is the defensive player's ability to change direction on a dime so often (especially when you try to speed burst away from them). You're basically banging your head against the wall if you want to run a shotgun based running game (yes, I know it still works, but you also can't deny the fact that it doesn't work as well as an under center running game).
    No not nearly as well. For the most part that's the way it is IRL just because of the teams doing it, but yeah with like a Michigan or Florida or Oregon last year, you never woulda got that out of SG in the game.

Shotgun Normal Flex Ark HB Wheel – Shotgun Normal Flex Ark HB Wheel should be a familiar play to the fans of Arkansas. This is the same play the Hogs used to score a touchdown on the third play of the game against Alabama last season. The concept known as “Shark” in the Arkansas terminology uses a shallow cross/dig combination in the middle of the field and a post/wheel combination on the outside.

Let me tell you, i'm going to love this play. Of course, I don't know how the game is going to end up playing, but the way I see it is this:

I'm probably going to make B do a slant, and smart route it for a quicker release off the line. Then, I'll motion him left before he touches the right hip of A, and here is why: Once the ball is snapped at that point, the slant gets a quicker release, A will get open on the second level of the defense, X is the very last option, and Y with a drag will be deadly.

Here is the fun part : The wheel route. Because I motioned B over, once I snap the ball, the line backer covering him may get held up in traffic due to the slant and the in route, and if he does, the back will be wide open down the sideline for a touchdown.

LOVE IT.

EDIT : Looking at it again, I might keep that deep post route against a Cover 1 defense, it makes the safety choose who to cover, the post or the wheel route.
    Last edited by xMrHitStickx904; 04-04-2011 at 06:46 AM.

Nice play with all kinds of possibilities (particularly if you have "Reggie Bush" like RB)

Shit, you don't even need a Reggie Bush-like RB. I REALLY hope they fix how incredibly broken trying to cover HB Wheel routes are cause, as of '11, this new play is the epitome of a money play. Only thing that would have a prayer of initially stopping it would be Cover 2 (only to get torched later if you don't get to the QB).

You've pretty much got the defense in a bind no matter what defense they play.

Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
    Let me tell you, i'm going to love this play. Of course, I don't know how the game is going to end up playing, but the way I see it is this:

I'm probably going to make B do a slant, and smart route it for a quicker release off the line. Then, I'll motion him left before he touches the right hip of A, and here is why: Once the ball is snapped at that point, the slant gets a quicker release, A will get open on the second level of the defense, X is the very last option, and Y with a drag will be deadly.

Here is the fun part : The wheel route. Because I motioned B over, once I snap the ball, the line backer covering him may get held up in traffic due to the slant and the in route, and if he does, the back will be wide open down the sideline for a touchdown.

LOVE IT.

EDIT : Looking at it again, I might keep that deep post route against a Cover 1 defense, it makes the safety choose who to cover, the post or the wheel route.
    That play looks legit, Though I would probably smart route B then motion him. In previous games that route when smart routed and motioned would be an unbump or a good quick throw. Either way I can't wait for this game to come out so I can play a college football game again.

Quote Originally Posted by C00KH4X View Post
    That play looks legit, Though I would probably smart route B then motion him. In previous games that route when smart routed and motioned would be an unbump or a good quick throw. Either way I can't wait for this game to come out so I can play a college football game again.

Pumped to see more information, I'm always salivating for info from April till release.

On the snap, it's possible that Ark HB Wheel will look similar to a Shallow Cross play. That could help with deception, if you're playing another user. If they read a Shallow Cross (and you've been using Shallow Cross heavily in your offense), they might jump the middle routes and leave either the Post or the Wheel wide open.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Shotgun Wing Trips Wk Tiger Buck Sweep – Clemson’s new no-huddle shotgun based offense will strive for balance with the run and pass. A staple run play of the Tigers’ new offense figures to be Shotgun Wing Trips WK Tiger Buck Sweep. The play is an off shoot of the Wing-T Buck Sweep in which both guards pull and lead block for the ball carrier.

I'm all for anything that adds to and/or improves the shotgun running game. Hopefully some of the blocking and CPU decision making in that respect have been addressed.

That play looks to depend on whether the Center and Two tackles can keep the line and any blitzes up the middle from blowing that play up in the backfield. It's an interesting play but unless the O-line shotgun run blocking has changed I don't see this being a very effective play.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    That play looks to depend on whether the Center and Two tackles can keep the line and any blitzes up the middle from blowing that play up in the backfield. It's an interesting play but unless the O-line shotgun run blocking has changed I don't see this being a very effective play.
    That's what I saw too. This is the one play so far that I can't see being successful. If the Center was reach blocking right, or the rb were lined up on the other side and received a quick pitch I could see it, but the left DT will blow this up. Interested to see what line improvements/adjustments they have made to 12 to give shotgun run in general a chance.

I would guess that the LT blocks the RE, C blocks the RDT, RT blocks the LDT and TE blocks the LE.

Just realized what the game is missing in the SG game that makes it impossible to run correctly: Seal Blocks and one on one Chipping (Chips exist on dbl teams)! This play requires a seal to the inside by the TE AND a chip block by the RT to get the rb around the corner.