Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Week 4, 2015

• Facebook
  • Display
    Oneback,
    I just posted this on EA's forums. I've since had another guy follow up and say that he's seeing something similar. It might be worth a try. If you need to bump someone from the dynasty, go ahead and bump me.

UTVOL54, I hope you see this ...

You said that you used your brother's name as the second commisioner when you retired the dynasty and reloaded. Was your brother previously a member of the dynasty? I am beginning to think that may be the difference between your experience (the reload succeeded) and mine.

I just tried two different tests. In both cases the dynasty was working before I retired and reloaded.

Test 1:
    1. Simmed my Week 1 game and did some light recruiting.
    2. Exited the dynasty, re-opened, chose to Save File (in theory, this would save a copy of the dynasty with my results preserved).
    3. Exited, retired the dynasty.
    4. As UTVOL said, go to File Management, Load & Delete, and load the dynasty.
    5. The new dynasty failed to create, failing during "Finalizing Dynasty Update" and returing "Transfer Failed". That's consistent with the problem everyone's having.

Test 2:
    1. Created another test dynasty, this time saving the file as soon as I advanced to Week 1.
    2. Did not play any games or do any recruiting.
    3. Exited, retired the dynasty.
    4. Loaded the dynasty from File Management.
    5. This new dynasty succeeded and I was able to advance on to Week 2 after creation.

Right now I'm thinking that UTVOL's success may have been because his brother's PSN didn't have any recruiting or game results, and that's why it was able to reload. Unfortunately, beyond what I've already done it's nearly impossible for me to test it because I only have so many PSN accounts.
    One upside is that when you create the second dynasty under a different PSN name, you shouldn't have to retire the original dynasty. That way you can sanity check the "new" dynasty before retiring Powerhouse3. Like check for saved results and the like.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Powerhouse is back online, please check your text messages for the details.

Texas A&M vs PSU kicking off at 9pm Est.

Prime, can you play tomorrow night when you get home? Otherwise, you will have to sim it OB.

STUNNER IN COLLEGE STATION

Texas A&M takes advantage of its mulligan against Penn State, stunning the #5 ranked Nittany Lions in College Station.

After the game, Coach JeffHCross had this to say: "Man, I wish we'd brought some recruits in for this one. Amazing, amazing game."

Thanks to some early breaks and a solid clock-eating offense, the Aggies racked up a 17-3 lead going into halftime, dominating both time of possession and yardage. But the Nittany Lions, in a shocking move, went to their backup quarterback. On his first pass, he threw 29 yards, between two A&M safeties, on a perfect fade route.

"It was then that I knew they weren't going away quietly," JeffHCross said afterward. "That pass completely changed the attitude of our defense."

In the third quarter alone, Penn State was able to erase the deficit, and had held the A&M offense relatively stagnant. But on the second play of the ensuing Aggie drive, quarterback Patrick Melton connected with TE Andrew Williams for 49 yards, which brought the swagger back to Kyle Field. Within seconds, the Yell Leaders and 12th Man were back in the game, and six plays later halfback Justin Love barreled into the end zone.

The Lions would tie it up again, following a wonderful mix of passing and throwing. Two minutes later, Love slashed through a gaping hole in the Penn State defense and ran for a 34-yard score.

The following 2:47 was nerve-racking for every fan, Texas A&M and Penn State alike. The Lions were able to garner entry in the Aggie red zone with :44 remaining, but three consecutive incompletions left them with 4th and 10 from the 18. The Penn State staff gambled with a deep pass, but Senior FS Andy Merritt stepped in the way and deflected the ball to the turf, giving the Aggies the victory.

Texas A&M 31-24 Penn State

Team Stats
    Code:
    Penn State					Texas A&M
    24			Score			31
    18			First Downs		20
    354			Total Offense		432
    27-184-3		Rushes - Yards - TD	23-131-2
    12-20-0			Comp - Att - TD		27-33-2
    170			Passing Yards		301
    3-6 (50%)		3rd Down Conv		8-10 (80%)
    4-3-0 (75%)		Red Zone - TD - FG	4-3-1 (100%)
    1			Turnovers		0
    0			Fumbles Lost		0
    1			Intercepted		0
    1 - 52.0		Punts - Average		2 - 34.0
    13:09			T.O.P.			18:51
    Scoring
    Code:
    	1st	2nd	3rd	4th
    PSU	0	3	14	7	24
    aTm	0	17	0	14	31
    Player Stats
    Code:
    Passing:		Comp	Att	Yards	TD	INT	Sack
    P. Melton	aTm	27	33	301	2	0	1

E. Goins	PSU	10	15	146	0	0	0
    E. Shelby	PSU	 2	 5	 24	0	1	0

Rushing:		ATT	Yards	AVG	TD	LONG	BTK
    J. Love		aTm	19	121	6.3	2	35	4
    P. Melton	aTm	 3	  9	3.0	0	16	2

D. Chambers	PSU	15	117	7.8	1	29	1
    S. Clark	PSU	10	 62	6.2	1	15	0

Receiving:		REC	Yards	AVG	TD	LONG	DROPS
    A. Williams 	aTm	 9	142	15.7	0	49	0
    C. Clark	aTm	 6	 37	6.1	1	16	0
    T. Lumpkin	aTm	 5	 71	14.2	1	27	2

C. McClellen	PSU	 6	116	19.3	0	29	0
    J. Morales	PSU	 3	 22	7.3	0	 8	0
    S. Johnson	PSU	 2	 20	10.0	0	17	0
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 03-05-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    Prime, can you play tomorrow night when you get home? Otherwise, you will have to sim it OB.
    I'll be be fine just set yr self to auto pilot and I'll run the clock. Or ifnu just want to login and we can run the clock together and just do 3-0 victory that is fine too. I have no intentIons of replaying the game from
    Scratch at all

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    I'll be be fine just set yr self to auto pilot and I'll run the clock. Or ifnu just want to login and we can run the clock together and just do 3-0 victory that is fine too. I have no intentIons of replaying the game from
    Scratch at all
    Wish we would have done the same, ouch for me.

Yes great game Jeff, it was very well played.

My only wish is for a complete freeze again so we can play the rubber match.

Scratch at all
    Ok, sounds good.

Hokies down OSU in the Week 4 Rematch. OSU wonders why they wanted to replay the game

In an impressive performance by the once beaten Va Tech, they snuff the Buckeyes 34 - 17.
    The teams exchanged visits to the end zone to begin the game but after a fumble on a punt return and an interception on two consecutive drives, the Hokies took control and never let up. Va Tech put points on the board in every quarter while the Buckeyes struggle in the 2nd and 3rd.

Going forward the Hokies are preparing for the tune up scrimmage against NC State and look to carry some good momentum into their off week.

Sounds like Prime is scared!

sounds like papa wants to back into a championship

Whatever, let's just get the crap done and get to Week 5. I've had enough of Week 4!

sounds like papa wants to back into a championship
    Ouch! Niiiice comeback!

I'll check in a little bit if I don't hear anything but who's left. I've got some friends over and they are using my PS3.

ryby, by ok did you mean you set it to auto pilot or the other option?

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    I'll check in a little bit if I don't hear anything but who's left. I've got some friends over and they are using my PS3.
    As of last night, we still had some guys that hadn't re-joined. Unfortunately I can't check through the Dynasty Wire, because it still lists some guys as CPU even though I know they've rejoined. Perhaps those were the ones that were automatically brought over.

EDIT: There are only 5 game stories posted for this week, that suggests that all of the following remain:
    Oklahoma
    Clemson
    Florida State vs Miami
    Oregon
    USC

That list also looks distinctly similar to the list of teams that still show CPU.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 03-06-2011 at 09:34 PM.

ryby, by ok did you mean you set it to auto pilot or the other option?
    Yeah, I set it to auto.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Whatever, let's just get the crap done and get to Week 5. I've had enough of Week 4!
    Fail to advance 1 more time