Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Gears of War 3 (360)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    It's a partial skull just above the mouth... I had a really hard time figuring it out for a while as well but eventually you can see the eye sockets & nose.
    It's the skull for the Call of Duty Elite thing. I thought it looked cool. Definitely not as scary as JB's avatar. Gets me every time.

You got that wrong man, man. I'm The Dude.

Did anyone get the Season Pass for DLC? I'm thinking about it since I just got 4000 points for $35 at buy.com. So basically the pack will cost me $15 instead of $30 with the $ I saved from that deal on points.

I got Season Pass the day Gears came out. There's going to be 4 packs equaling $40, and the Season Pass is $30, so it was an easy choice for me. If you plan on getting all the DLC, it's worth it, plus you get some free weapon skins.

Did you read the DLC announcement? It sounds a lot to me like the maps will only be playable in Horde, Beast, and private matches. If that's the case, I will be extremely ticked off. I, and everyone else, is awaiting clarification from Epic/MS. I really hope I'm wrong. Introducing maps that can't even be played on matchmaking would be a complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I got Season Pass the day Gears came out. There's going to be 4 packs equaling $40, and the Season Pass is $30, so it was an easy choice for me. If you plan on getting all the DLC, it's worth it, plus you get some free weapon skins.

Did you read the DLC announcement? It sounds a lot to me like the maps will only be playable in Horde, Beast, and private matches. If that's the case, I will be extremely ticked off. I, and everyone else, is awaiting clarification from Epic/MS. I really hope I'm wrong. Introducing maps that can't even be played on matchmaking would be a complete joke.
    Hmmmmm.

Well I'm still going to get the pass regardless once that points card comes from Buy.com.

From Joystiq:

Gears of War 3 players are flooding the Epic forums with complaints of freezing issues, which occur when players attempt to load a game mode. Specifically, it seems to be limited to splitscreen Horde play with two profiles -- when the glitch hits, it permanently alters one of the profiles, making it impossible to enter any game mode. So ... that's not a great bug.

Epic is aware of it; in fact, Epic rep Rykard posted a questionnaire attempting to nail down the exact issue. We're checking in with Epic for an ETA on the fix. Until then ... try not to play Horde mode in splitscreen.

Did anyone here actually get this? I've yet to see someone from here playing it.

If you have it, by all means, send me an invite. Playing this game with randoms is just asking for a headache.

LOL I have it, Ill invite if I see you on when I am playing it.

Did anyone here actually get this? I've yet to see someone from here playing it.

If you have it, by all means, send me an invite. Playing this game with randoms is just asking for a headache.
    I've definitely got it and bought the Season Pass. Just haven't been on it lately with all sorts of things going on. Since this is the last Gears (well at least in this trilogy), I'm sure it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I've definitely got it and bought the Season Pass. Just haven't been on it lately with all sorts of things going on. Since this is the last Gears (well at least in this trilogy), I'm sure it's not going anywhere anytime soon.
    JB stole my post. I'll let him keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    JB stole my post. I'll let him keep it.
    Stole your post, yet I posted it TWO days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Stole your post, yet I posted it TWO days ago.
    I thought of it 4 days ago when discussing GoW3 with a friend.

(The message was eerily about 98% exactly what I was explaining to him....)

I beat the 5 main acts on Insane difficulty in 8 hours and only died 25 times throughout the game, which is really good considering it was much harder than Gears 1 or 2. On Act 6, the boss level, I just about snapped the disc in half. It is so unbelievably hard. I died over 70 times before I was FINALLY about to beat it tonight. I'm sure CliffyB was just laughing his ass off when designing that fucking bullshit ending level.

I beat the 5 main acts on Insane difficulty in 8 hours and only died 25 times throughout the game, which is really good considering it was much harder than Gears 1 or 2. On Act 6, the boss level, I just about snapped the disc in half. It is so unbelievably hard. I died over 70 times before I was FINALLY about to beat it tonight. I'm sure CliffyB was just laughing his ass off when designing that fucking bullshit ending level.
    Holy crap. Been playing through Insane in co-op with a friend or two. Damn, we die a lot. So easy to die on that level. Not looking forward to the final boss -> I actually thought that final boss was one of the weakest parts of any of the 3 games.

I breezed through everything until the final boss, and that was ridiculous. Are you guys playing the co-op campaign or Arcade? I've heard it's much easier in Arcade because you can use mutators like infinite ammo and it apparently really helps.

You going for Seriously 3.0, Austin?

Playing on arcade because there is an achievement tied to that or so my friend told me. I honestly haven't looked. I don't think he has any mutators enabled.

I don't even have Seriously2.0 yet, so if I get 3.0, it'll be like...oh....a couple years down the road. LOL. I don't really play any online deathmatch/head2head play either, so if anything is tied to that, I won't get it.

This weekend in Gears of War 3 we have lots of fun surprises leading up to and including Halloween. Since this is the last weekend in ‘Epictober,’ we wanted to make it big! This #GearsWeekend starts Friday at 9:00 AM Eastern with a special “BoooooomSnipes” playlist for TDM. In this playlist, the default weapon loadout will be changed to, you guessed it, Boomshot and Snipers. Weapon drops in the maps will be a mix of the two. We’ve had a lot of fun and carnage with this during playtests and we think you will too! The event ends Tuesday morning at 9:00 AM EST. NOTE: You may need to restart your console to see the changes.

Gears of War 3 Halloween Weekend BoomSnipesFinally, Monday is Halloween, and to end our event, we have a cosmetic surprise in store for you, so keep a level head! Don’t forget to grab some Halloween Candy and settle in for the surprise, starting Monday October 31st at 9:00 AM EST. The four day Halloween event runs through Tuesday, November 1st at 9:00 AM EST, ending just in time for the release of the Gears of War 3 Horde Command Pack.

Let us know what you think and share your stories in the comments below. For fans on Twitter, join in on the Gears of War 3 and Halloween Weekend conversation by using the hashtag #GearsWeekend.
    That's going to be fun as hell.

Today Epic announced the new DLC pack, named Fenix Rising, which will be releasing January 17.

MAPS

Escalation - Haldane Hall has been the home of the Fenix family for countless generations. But the only history that matters to Marcus’s are his memories of warm summer evenings spent with his mother, Elain, relaxing in the estate’s gardens. Sadly, all the estate’s history and beauty was lost when the Locust destroyed it in an attempt to kidnap his father.

Academy - The lineage of the Fenix family can be traced back along a distinguished line of military officers. Officer training at the Oracle Academy was simply the expected path for Marcus, and he had visited the grounds many times in expectation that he would walk the same path as his ancestors. But it was not to be, and Marcus broke with tradition to be with his best friends Dom and Carlos. Like any number of fine Seran traditions, the Academy is now lost to the invasion of the Locust Horde.

Slab- Convicted for insubordination and treason, Marcus was incarcerated in Jacinto Maximum Security Prison. Known as “The Slab”, this prison is not a correctional facility – it’s a place where Sera’s worst offenders are locked up and forgotten. The inmates are brutal, parole is not an option, and the average life expectancy is about two years. But that was before the Locust showed up, and what couldn’t get worse, suddenly did. Now your life expectancy there is around 2 minutes.

Anvil - The fortress of Anvegad was called Anvil Gate because its impenetrable walls were forged in the fires of war. Huge cannons sat atop battlements that guarded sprawling walls running the line of the UIR borders. Marcus went there to find Hoffman, and they both thought that Anvil Gate would offer protection from the incoming forces of Locust and Lambent. They were wrong, and little remains other than the ruined shell of a once mighty fortress.

Depths - The excessive opulence of Azura defied all normal reasoning. But Adam Fenix could see the cracks in the veneer of splendor from the moment he arrived at this underwater processing center. And all that beauty mattered not at all once he was held captive by the Locust. Out of options, he had to find a way to contact Marcus, and finally reveal the truths he’d been keeping to himself for all these many years.

Character Skins
    COG
    Recruit Clayton - Clayton was born a Gear, grew up a Gear, and on the very day he became eligible, he signed himself up to become the capable, confident, and devoted Gear he’d always known he could be.

Thrashball Cole - Special Limited Edition - The Cole Train prefers to take the most direct path to the Locust Horde in any situation. What he lacks in finesse, he makes up in raw energy.

Locust
    Savage Kantus- Special Limted Edition - The Savage Kantus were profoundly impacted by the loss of the Hollow. They have reverted to a primal, shamanistic state, and their battle cries have taken a dark, melancholy turn. Few sounds are as terrifying to human ears.

Savage Marauder Drone - Locust Marauders were the first to form any sort of organization outside of the Hollow – if their brutal infighting and bloodthirsty raiding parties could truly be called organized.
    New Systems

Re-Upping - Essentially a "prestige" System. Players can "re-enlist" and being their rank from 1 again after reaching level 100. All unlocks and Custom Items remain. Additionally Re-Upping can grant you access to new Weapon Skins! - You can Re-Up through the Four Tiers of Colors. Bronze>Red>Green>Gold.

Every Re-Up earns players a new weapon skin obtainable only through Re-upping.

Re-Up Plasma - Animated Plasma in GOLD!
    Re-Up Omen - Shiny Red Omen!
    Re-Up Electric - Animated Golden Electric Shocks!