Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    That's something that REAL FPSs have done for ages man. America's Army did it for the longest time. Hell, I was part of a clan that had their own server and hosted things like that and it was fun as hell. Unfortunately, FPSs now are too much like Modern Warfare to be able to really do anything like that.

BF3 to me is nothing like MW. MW is like NBA Jam to me where BF3 is NBA Live.

Edit: And I know other FPS's have done it. I'm just saying I like they way they're doing it and they way the implemented it to the PS3. I remember the good ole days of playing on HUGE Delta Force maps. That was my first FPS and my fav....being 3 miles away from the action doing recon was awesome.

With the new servers now in place this is something I would really enjoy doing very soon!

Known users for BF3

1. psuexv
    2. psusnoop
    3. steelerfan
    4. jbhuskers
    5. DariusLock
    6. RYBY
    7. Travis
    8. I'm drawing a blank here LOL

Anyways we could pick teams and run tournaments with different classes and weapons use. In the Vid, LevelCap and Rivals (the other team on this video) are using Non Automatic hand guns only. You can do this and just use a certain weapon, not use grenades or you get the point.

I have been watching and following these guys and have learned quite a bit since I'm a relative noob at FPS games. They play on the PC also.

Steelerfan and JB, we were texting/chatting about renting your own server and here are the price packs for that service.

Pricing for renting your own server is $1.49 / $6.99 / $24.99 / $64.99 (for 1, 7, 30, and 90 days).

Also guys that are slightly behind and would like to catch up on the weapons and vehicles available to them there are packs out there as well:

Today, we are also offering 10 different shortcut items for sale for Battlefield 3 on PS3. If you’re new to the game, this is the perfect way to gain some ground on the veterans online. Or if you’d love to get some more air time in the jets but want to equip those AA missiles straight away, this is for you.

The 10 shortcut items are available now from the PlayStation Store and the in-game store and include these:
    Kit Shortcut Bundle: Immediately unlocks all items unique to the four playable classes
    Vehicle Shortcut Bundle: Immediately unlocks all items for all vehicles
    The Ultimate Bundle: Immediately unlocks all items from all other available shortcut packs

Steelerfan, Darius and myself played for a bit last night and I noticed that the USAS was not as deadly from a distance though at close range it still had killing power (as it should up close). I was just happy I was able to out shoot a guy with my M16A4 and get the kill against that gun. Before I stood no chance.

I also noticed on Karg Island that the Javelin works much better not needing so many hits to destroy and kill the vehicles. On a perfect hit I saw an amTrac blow up with one hit (though I don't know what kind of damage it had before that shot).
    Last edited by psusnoop; 03-29-2012 at 07:51 AM.

That's cool. Thanks, snoop. I doubt I'd get enough use out of the server rental to do anything more than a few days here and there at $1.49 each, but it is a good option to have and I'd love to try it out to learn to fly a jet, among other things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    That's cool. Thanks, snoop. I doubt I'd get enough use out of the server rental to do anything more than a few days here and there at $1.49 each, but it is a good option to have and I'd love to try it out to learn to fly a jet, among other things.

Yeah I'd probably just do the daily thing for $1.49 as well.

I really can see myself doing this soon to learn to fly some jets and Heli's. That is one area I need to work on big time. I also like we talked about like to walk through the maps to look at certain points and areas. Maybe find a spot where sniping would be really fun. Try to cut off a side of the map so to speak.

I'm willing to buy the server for a weekend if you guys would play on it. I've noticed A LOT of new stuff in this update and i's just awesome. Now when you spawn it has a symbol next to the vehicles to let you know what they are. When I first started I wasn't sure of what all the vehicles were. Now I see a picture of a jet or heli.

I noticed people using the USAS 12 were now using 12g Buckshot instead of the Frags. The FAMAS is all over the place when you try to shoot now which kinda makes me sad. Luckily I started moving to the M16A4. You can post messages on your server when people load... So when anyone played on ours it'd be The Gaming Tailgate server and a pop message could be "Fun provided by TheGamingTailgate.com". Also think we can upload an Image so we could use our logo.

I could really use this to just say get me, Snoop, Steeler, and JB on a conquest map with planes and have dog fights to train flying. I really need to get better at Heli's so Snoop or whoever could be on the other team locking on to me and then I could see what I gotta do to get away haha.

This just has me even more pumped for BF3 now...can't wait for new maps now.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    With the new servers now in place this is something I would really enjoy doing very soon!

Known users for BF3

1. psuexv
    2. psusnoop
    3. steelerfan
    4. jbhuskers
    5. DariusLock
    6. RYBY
    7. Travis
    8. I'm drawing a blank here LOL

Anyways we could pick teams and run tournaments with different classes and weapons use. In the Vid, LevelCap and Rivals (the other team on this video) are using Non Automatic hand guns only. You can do this and just use a certain weapon, not use grenades or you get the point.

I have been watching and following these guys and have learned quite a bit since I'm a relative noob at FPS games. They play on the PC also.
    We need Sanchez to join this website, he's a solid 8th person. I've found a few more also. Awesome team work in that video too. ANYONE up for some BF3 tonight after my OD game?
    Last edited by DariusLock; 03-29-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Server set up video if you wanna see what all you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by DariusLock View Post
    We need Sanchez to join this website, he's a solid 8th person. I've found a few more also. Awesome team work in that video too. ANYONE up for some BF3 tonight after my OD game?
    Yeah Sanchez has been very good, I've played a few rounds with him now and we should say something to him next time.

Hopefully he plays NCAA haha.

Hopefully he plays NCAA haha.
    Yeah I don't think I have ever asked him, but we should.

You gonna be on tonight snoop?

BF3 to me is nothing like MW. MW is like NBA Jam to me where BF3 is NBA Live.
    Haha! I've always said that to me CoD is like Blitz and BF3 is like Madden.

As for tonight, I think we are hitting Tiger tonight then BF3 tomorrow.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

You gonna be on tonight snoop?
    We are playing Tiger tonight I think then getting together tomorrow night for BF3.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Haha! I've always said that to me CoD is like Blitz and BF3 is like Madden.

As for tonight, I think we are hitting Tiger tonight then BF3 tomorrow.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ending my hiatus from BF3 tonight. Looking forward to playing this post-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Ending my hiatus from BF3 tonight. Looking forward to playing this post-patch.
    Make sure you start downloading the patch early. You have to do Karkand over as well. Took me about an hour-and-a-half to get both.

Make sure you start downloading the patch early. You have to do Karkand over as well. Took me about an hour-and-a-half to get both.

I;m pumped to play tonight. I'll be downloading right after work today and thanks for the heads up to

Hope you'll be able to join in on the fun tonight!

Karkand is already re-downloaded. Just gotta do the patch.