Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

• Facebook
  • Display
    Question for those in the know: How much better do you think the PC version of this game be? What will the differences be? It's been a long time since I was a computer game guy so I figured I'd see what people's thoughts were.

I think it will be tons better on the PC, of course you have to have a pretty new PC to play it but as someone has already said either here or at utopia 64 man battles with artillery strikes/planes/copters/tanks etc...will be fully utilized on the PC with bigger draw distances for the graphics...consoles just cant handle ALL of that...they will surely get some of that though.

Is it worth buying a gaming rig for? probably not and the enjoyment will be quite good on the console I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    I think it will be tons better on the PC, of course you have to have a pretty new PC to play it but as someone has already said either here or at utopia 64 man battles with artillery strikes/planes/copters/tanks etc...will be fully utilized on the PC with bigger draw distances for the graphics...consoles just cant handle ALL of that...they will surely get some of that though.

Is it worth buying a gaming rig for? probably not and the enjoyment will be quite good on the console I am sure.
    Well my only reason for considering it was that I have been thinking about getting a new Desktop PC to act as sort of a "central hub" for my network and multimedia anyways. It would be hooked up to my TV & router. I thought that if I do that, I might as well make it a solid gaming computer too. I figure the two kind of go hand in hand multimedia/gaming, a computer that does gaming well should be able to do everything I need it to multimedai-wise right?

Honestly if EA would start putting out Janes Combat Sim style games again this wouldn't even be a debate. I spent 3 years of my life in middle school glued to those damn games.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I think you would behoove yourself to play it on the PC instead of a console. Frostbite 2 (the game engine that BF3 is using) is specifically designed to take advantage of Direct X 11 and 64bit Processors (as well as multiple processors) along with the newer style GPUs to really push the graphics to the next level. Personally, I don't see how the PS3 or 360 could possibly come anywhere close to matching the PC for this game.

By the time this game comes out, I will have my 360 fixed, but I most definitely will not be playing this game on the 360 and I think anyone that could play it on the PC would be foolish not to.

PS3 version shown on Jimmy Fallon last night

A must have game this year.....

Recruit
    Really looking forward to this. Day 1 purchase.

I'll be buying, but if Bad Company 1 and 2 were anything to go by, I wont be playing long.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I'll be buying, but if Bad Company 1 and 2 were anything to go by, I wont be playing long.
    If you have a inkling you won't be playing it very long, why buy it?

I never played Battlefied 1 or 2, but I did play Bad Company 2 and I thought it was one of the better shooters I ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    A must have game this year.....
    Already pre-ordered my copy.

Quote Originally Posted by iBrandon View Post
    If you have a inkling you won't be playing it very long, why buy it?

I never played Battlefied 1 or 2, but I did play Bad Company 2 and I thought it was one of the better shooters I ever played.
    Because unless it bombs it reviews, I buy most shooters.

Recruit
    Because unless it bombs it reviews, I buy most shooters.
    LOL ah, got ya... So far it looks great.

I just really, really hope they nerf the snipers and fix the communication on the game. There's no reason why we're on a 16 player team and we can only communicate with the 3 others immediately in our squad.

While I agree with your point IOU, I don't really want 16 people talking in my ear they should though at least give me the option to hit a button to talk to everyone.

I dont really get your biased against the snipers they are nowhere near as bad as they are on COD, though they do need to make them more visible, they are too well hidden on the battlefield game, and the motion sensors are very irritating because people mass throw them out and run in places with shotguns. Overall I think the game is more balanced than most shooters out today, it just recently got to a COD irritation level when everyone realized that shoguns have a crazy range.

Is it the exact same development team for Bad Company to BF3?

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    While I agree with your point IOU, I don't really want 16 people talking in my ear they should though at least give me the option to hit a button to talk to everyone.

I dont really get your biased against the snipers they are nowhere near as bad as they are on COD, though they do need to make them more visible, they are too well hidden on the battlefield game, and the motion sensors are very irritating because people mass throw them out and run in places with shotguns. Overall I think the game is more balanced than most shooters out today, it just recently got to a COD irritation level when everyone realized that shoguns have a crazy range.
    Over half my games lost on Bad Company 2 were because everyone on my team was sitting back sniping. There needs to be a limit on how many people can be a sniper as that's exactly why I stopped playing the game.

Yes, it's the same team as far as I know. It's Dice who did the Bad Company games and Medal of Honor online.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I can't wait for it.

Over half my games lost on Bad Company 2 were because everyone on my team was sitting back sniping. There needs to be a limit on how many people can be a sniper as that's exactly why I stopped playing the game.

Yes, it's the same team as far as I know. It's Dice who did the Bad Company games and Medal of Honor online.
    Yeah theybwill cost u a game. Its not as bad as it was when the game just came out but you are just exchanging problems.

Courtesy Joystiq:

It wouldn't be a new entry in a popular series without retailer specific pre-order bonuses. As previously revealed, all pre-orders will receive the limited edition of Battlefield 3 and, thus, the "Back to Karkand" map pack DLC, though each retailer will also have some different additional bonuses.

GameStop is offering the (timed exclusive) "Physical Warfare" DLC and PowerUp Rewards members will also snag a copy of the Prima strategy guide. Best Buy pre-orders will receive the "SPECACT Kit," a package of eight multiplayer skins. Finally, Amazon pre-orders include a pack of exclusive multiplayer dog tags.

Hmmmm I am a PowerUp Rewards member....tempting.