Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 NFL Offseason Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Saw yesterday that Bob Sanders signed a one year deal with the Chargers. Being a Charger fan and an Iowa fan I like this a lot. But being a realist I know that four or five games into it he's going to get hurt for the season.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Since no one has posted it, they extended the deadline until March 11th at 11:59pm.

This shit is just getting ridiculous now. Next thing you know, they'll just extend it until 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Since no one has posted it, they extended the deadline until March 11th at 11:59pm.

This shit is just getting ridiculous now. Next thing you know, they'll just extend it until 2012.
    True, I would love to say that I am more optimistic about things now, but I think they are both trying to pull each others chains and am trying to make the other blink first and this shit is going to end up effecting fans before anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by HawkFan View Post
    True, I would love to say that I am more optimistic about things now, but I think they are both trying to pull each others chains and am trying to make the other blink first and this shit is going to end up effecting fans before anyone else.
    Umm, the people not getting paychecks will be affected more than any fan. And I'm not talking about the players.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Umm, the people not getting paychecks will be affected more than any fan. And I'm not talking about the players.
    Please enlighten me. I guess I see concession stand guys and gals, but front office people, ticket office people, etc should all still be working shouldn't they. I mean I am not trying to be a dick about it, especially since two weeks ago I lost my job and know how it feels. But that is something else I have not thought of.

Please enlighten me. I guess I see concession stand guys and gals, but front office people, ticket office people, etc should all still be working shouldn't they. I mean I am not trying to be a dick about it, especially since two weeks ago I lost my job and know how it feels. But that is something else I have not thought of.
    Several teams (I'm preeeety sure the Jets and Chiefs are among them) have either laid off several employees or are forcing them to take an unpaid week off every month. A lot of those people are "Regular Joes".

I had not heard that, and that sucks. Just goes to show that their are bigger things in this world than missing a couple of football games, their are average people wondering where their next paycheck will come from.

I had not heard that, and that sucks. Just goes to show that their are bigger things in this world than missing a couple of football games, their are average people wondering where their next paycheck will come from.
    Yep. But I saw where you were coming from and didn't think you were being a dick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ng-pete-moris/

Love the tape of name, good stuff good sense of humor given the situation.

Heard on ESPN today that the 18 game schedule has now moved into the realm of possibility for the players...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Heard on ESPN today that the 18 game schedule has now moved into the realm of possibility for the players...
    Interesting, wonder what they are getting in return?

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    NFLPA decertifies. The beginning of the end for the NFLPA and probably the 2011 season.

never mind.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 03-11-2011 at 09:23 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    never mind.
    Agreed.

So what is the over under for football in September???? Honestly, I can see a huge possibility for a greatly shrtened season.

At this very moment, I'm confident we'll have a season of full length. To me, there's too much money on the table for there to not be an agreement.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    At this very moment, I'm confident we'll have a season of full length. To me, there's too much money on the table for there to not be an agreement.
    That's exactly what I think.

I agree Jeff and Steelerfan. Way to much money

NFL talks hits, potential rules changes

ILLEGAL HITS
    NFL to be more aggressive with suspensions for illegal hits next season. Rules defining defenseless players expanded to eight categories:

• QB in act of throwing
    • Receiver trying to catch pass
    • Runner in grasp with forward progress stopped
    • Player fielding punt or kickoff
    • Kicker or punter during kick
    • QB after change of possession
    • Receiver who receives blind-side block
    • Player already on ground

KICKOFF CHANGES?
    • Competition committee will propose moving kickoff to 35-yard line, and bringing touchback out to 25. No changes for touchbacks on any other plays, with ball coming out to 20.
    • No player other than kicker would be allowed to line up more than 5 yards behind ball.
    • Outlawing wedge on kickoffs; all blocking wedges were reduced to two players in 2009.

REPLAY CHANGES?
    • Committee will propose making all scoring plays reviewable. Replay official would order replays on any touchdowns, field goals, safeties and extra points without the coaches needing to challenge. Similar to current system for final two minutes of each half and overtime.
    • Eliminating third coach's challenge if he is successful on first two.

NFL SCHEDULE
    NFL plans to release regular-season schedule in mid-April, despite current work stoppage.

NO-GO
    There will be no "Calvin Johnson rule" proposal on what is a catch.

Calling our resident lawyer(s). Any chance that this guy has a potentially successful case?

And if he were to win, that makes me wonder if we will then be about to see thousands of lawsuits from all over the country from other PSL owners for all teams filing suits.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6257263

CLEVELAND -- A Cleveland Browns fan sued the NFL and its teams over the player lockout, claiming it violated his contract to buy tickets through his personal seat license.

Ken Lanci, a self-made millionaire who ran unsuccessfully last year for the top county government job in Cleveland, filed the lawsuit Thursday in Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court.

"It's a fight between billionaires and millionaires," Lanci said Friday in a phone interview. "There isn't any sympathy for multimillionaires. It's just not going to happen. And somebody has to stand up and say, 'Enough's enough.' "

The lawsuit asked for damages of more than $25,000 from the Browns on both breach of contract and bad faith counts and more than $25,000 from the league and its teams for alleged contract interference.

Neal Gulkis, a Browns spokesman, referred questions to the league.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told The Associated Press in an e-mail that the league had not seen the lawsuit but understood fans' frustration.

"NFL clubs all have announced refund policies to protect fans during the work stoppage," Aiello wrote. "The best solution to Mr. Lanci's concern is for the union to return to the bargaining table and complete a labor agreement that will put the game back on the field where it belongs."

The lawsuit also asked for any additional unspecified damages that the court considers fair.

The case was assigned to Judge John P. O'Donnell. The league and teams have four weeks to respond in court.

Lanci claimed that the lockout denies him the right under the personal seat licenses to go to Browns games and has destroyed the value of the seat-license agreement.

The lawsuit claims the NFL and its teams have "conspired with the Browns and one another to lock out the players, without justification, resulting in the Browns' breach of the PSL agreement."

The NFL hasn't lost games to a work stoppage since 1987, when a strike shortened the season and some games included nonunion replacement players.

The main sticking point in negotiations leading up to the lockout was how to divide the NFL's more than $9 billion in annual revenues.